Wiki Posts
Search

What buggy is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What buggy is this?

hello

I am just wondering if anyone will know what make/model this buggy is? I have now repaired it to the best of my ability but the front is still heavily damaged and the spur gear is extreamly warn

It is a 1/8 scale
Nitro
The engine mounts with the pull start towards the rear wheels and the pinion gear towards the front (as you can tell, I am normaly a electric runner)
A Single spur gear in the center with a center diff

Thanks for the help

(picture is in the thumnail as it only gives me the choice to include a URL photo or thumnail)
Attached Thumbnails What buggy is this?-dsc00579.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not sure exactly what model it is, but it looks like an older OFNA chassis or an XTM.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Not sure exactly what model it is, but it looks like an older OFNA chassis or an XTM.
You will need to put more pictures up, with the broken parts too. Does look like a ofna.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks guys, I will take a few photo's tonight,

I managed to build it fully (after rebending some parts) and the band new reciver failed on me after 10 mins, so now the whole front end it broken (again)

Should have gone with the 2.7ghz rather than 27mhz
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

it looks kinda like......something that needs to be in the garbage

dont waste ur time or money
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you cant find much infor on it or help i prefer you take ur loses and get somthin new. It looks like a old cheap brand car. Not saying in a bad way but also i am. Dont buy unless you know what ur buying, if it was givin to you craigslist it and make a lil money.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

hello,

Here is some more pics:

EDIT: yes the spur gear is warn to almost nothing, this was like this befor i got it, and the engine cog is the wrong tooth (I think)

I have a spair, but after changing the engine to the 25 with a different toothed gear it doesnt seem to be doing any (more) damage to the spur

I got given this by a freind who was clearing his garage, along with a (fully working) TGS.

As my TT-01 or the TGS are not off roaders i would want to try and repair this rather than spending £250 on the cheapest off roader at my local hobby shop, what i cant afford
Attached Thumbnails What buggy is this?-sam_0287.jpg   What buggy is this?-sam_0288.jpg   What buggy is this?-sam_0289.jpg  
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madcat4uk
hello,

Here is some more pics:

EDIT: yes the spur gear is warn to almost nothing, this was like this befor i got it, and the engine cog is the wrong tooth (I think)

I have a spair, but after changing the engine to the 25 with a different toothed gear it doesnt seem to be doing any (more) damage to the spur

I got given this by a freind who was clearing his garage, along with a (fully working) TGS.

As my TT-01 or the TGS are not off roaders i would want to try and repair this rather than spending £250 on the cheapest off roader at my local hobby shop, what i cant afford
It looks like a 69' Skippybanger 4th gen neo rocketbuggy. They kicked major @ss back in the day.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If it is a OFNA its a older one, google robinson racing they might have a metal gear to replace that plastic one.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madcat4uk
hello,

Here is some more pics:

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
If it is a OFNA its a older one, google robinson racing they might have a metal gear to replace that plastic one.
this is where it begins....STOP NOW before u waste money......better off saving that little bit of money toward something else.....a little here and a little there becomes hundreds
Old 03-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
this is where it begins....STOP NOW before u waste money......better off saving that little bit of money toward something else.....a little here and a little there becomes hundreds
+1.. That Buggy, if you could identify it, isn't worth spending a nickel on to fix..
Old 03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

ok

As it needs a whole front end fixing a new spur and TBH if other parts fail aswell it would be ALMOST impossable to find streat on replacements,

Il have a closer look at the specs of the hobby shops buggy,
if i dont like it, il have a look arund ebat for a hpi or thundertiger, as i know where i can get parts from.

Thanks for the help guys