R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Ahh yes the freeloaders!! There everywhere. I am at my local track practicing one day, I need to refill my fuel bottle and am approached by another person I have never met. The guy walks up to me and he's like "hey dude, what's up!!" The next words out of his mouth are can I fill my fuel bottle up with some fuel? So I figure what the heck, give him some fuel and be done with it. Moments later a friend and myself are wrenching on our cars and the same guy comes wandering over to our table. He walks up and says "do any of you to have a glow plug I can bum?" My buddy simply looked up, pointed at the hobby shop and said" right there, all the plugs you need." Some freaking people.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Trugsta
Default This is a great thread Lol..

What about the guy who owns a car but insists on catching a ride with you every week and you have to go out of your way to pick him up.
He never offers to throw in for fuel mony then gets to the track forgets 1/2 his gear walks around the pits Bumming things off everyone AND then you see him feeding his face at the canteen never offering once to buy you anything
Then comes back to your pit table and starts to Fiddle with your starter box with greasy hamburger hands Blows his nose on your pit towel leaves a complete mess and walks away.
Then He Procedes to complain about every aspect of the days events All the 45 min drive home..

OHHH Great times.
A huge thanks to.
www.motorsaver.com (the absolute best filters and savers on the plannet).
Trugsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #93
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
Ahh yes the freeloaders!! There everywhere. I am at my local track practicing one day, I need to refill my fuel bottle and am approached by another person I have never met. The guy walks up to me and he's like "hey dude, what's up!!" The next words out of his mouth are can I fill my fuel bottle up with some fuel? So I figure what the heck, give him some fuel and be done with it. Moments later a friend and myself are wrenching on our cars and the same guy comes wandering over to our table. He walks up and says "do any of you to have a glow plug I can bum?" My buddy simply looked up, pointed at the hobby shop and said" right there, all the plugs you need." Some freaking people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trugsta View Post
What about the guy who owns a car but insists on catching a ride with you every week and you have to go out of your way to pick him up.
He never offers to throw in for fuel mony then gets to the track forgets 1/2 his gear walks around the pits Bumming things off everyone AND then you see him feeding his face at the canteen never offering once to buy you anything
Then comes back to your pit table and starts to Fiddle with your starter box with greasy hamburger hands Blows his nose on your pit towel leaves a complete mess and walks away.
Then He Procedes to complain about every aspect of the days events All the 45 min drive home..

OHHH Great times.
Yep that's the MMF alright
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I was the first at my local track to use a 12v comp heater when everyone saw how easy it was to start my engines some guys wanted to try and of course I said yes but then my 12v power source went flat
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Quote:

OHHH Great times.
I think at this point that its safe to say to the guy where to stick his hamburger
Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #96
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:

OHHH Great times.
I think I would have sent him home in an ambulance
Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I know you wont be at the norcal finals on the 15th. Are you going way down south on the 22nd or just a little south to Madera? Looks like I'll be in Madera on the 22-23
Yeah it sucks not to be racing this weekend ESP when the track is 10 minutes away. Hopefully some resolution soon. We are headed to Sidewinder, I can't wait!

If anyone needs to 'borrow' some fuel, shock oil or diff fluid just let me know!
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #98
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Can you buy me some Cheeeeeeeessssssseeeeeburgers?
Old 10-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Im with you but what kills me is when its just expected and never returned. Then I end up with missing stuff and its not there when I need it. Hell I bought a bigger lipo because mine died one day starting everyones cars. I am the first guy that will give up even the parts that I think I am going to need to help you out. Just dont be an ass about it. I dont think I am asking too much, but who knows maybe I am.

Then theres the angry guy. I was at the nitro challenge in the JQ pit and a guy comes through asking for a p3 plug. I tell him I have one but my pit is a ways away. Does he really need a plug? He goes off the deep end and starts cussing at me and causing a sceen. Then he walks off and didnt even get a plug. I guess he really didnt need a plug. HAHAHAHA
anyone experienced the "revving guy" I always seem to pit right next to them, this person keeps revving the shit out of his engine smoke everywhere and ends up never finding tune but still they keep on revving over and over
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't mind helping people out or lending stuff to people but I do have my limits.. I mean a screw here and there, tuning peoples engines for them, whatever..But, if they need my starter box i'll start it for them If they need my Dremel, or soldering gun, their more than welcome to use it AT MY TABLE. But, im not one to give out $10 glow plugs unless its to a real friend, or maybe a really young racer. Im certainly not going to "loan" out a brand new set of tires though lol! I don't mind marshaling either, in fact, I probably do it 3x more than what I have to just because I like to be up close to the racing..

The only time that ive ever really been made to feel angry since I started in this sport is when I did this Losi 8ight-T 1.0 Race Roller FREE!!!!!! ... I haven't heard word one from him! But I do hope the kid still has the truggy and is getting use out of it...

Losi 8T 2.0, ClockWorkRacing O.S. 25XZ, S&W fuel.....
abqNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #101
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

i know THAT GUY
PAGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 337 (100%+)

What about the guy that never buys anything from the track/hobby shop he runs at ....and goes around telling people that he saw this or that on Towers web site or some other web site and tells them to go online to buy their parts.Yea he walks around feeling smart that he saved ten bucks from a 80 dollar order.But when the track closes down he gets all upset and blames the track owners and the track management. Any body know that guy ? A lot of those: ''that guy'' is why we have been with out local track for so long.
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-If we trade lower feedback always ships first.#41-#18. Team Associated B6-B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-DESC210-Intech-Tylenol-Pizza
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Yeh well I know this guy that is just plain out a jerk. He drives an agama and owns a furniture store he is from NY and is a Cowboys fan.

I forgot his name though.

Oh James I have your batteries but only 4 of them. Is that ok.
James said you owe him batteries does that mean just any 4 AA batteries? Dead or fully charged? LOL
Mugen MBX7T with Reds R5S,
Kevin_M is offline   Reply With Quote