R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #76
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Stock 427 + Revo + 60mph = [Not possible.


PS RTV copper is Not a Fuel proof silicone. It Will break down over time. If you want a 100% nitro proof sealant your lookin at Three bond 1211 or Racer's Edge Carb sealant. Both will work 1000x better then RTV.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #77
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
Yes, there are pry marks on the outside of the case where the PO tried to remove the carb I imagine. They do not reach into the opening where the carb goes though.

I'll grab some copper RTV. Is there anything I can wrap the carb neck with to tighten up the seal as a precaution? I've thought of pipe tape and electrical tape, but I don't know how either would hold up.
I would worry about leaks. I'll look in my parts to see if I have an old carb that will work. I know I have a sirio and rb carb, and I should have a axial case to test fit it. I have a racers edge 32 in my old mgt, I know they are the same carb.
__________________
Hot Bodies D8t- Clockwork JL 21/ AB mods C6, JP-1, Spektrum DX3R, JR servos, AKA tires
Hot Bodies D8- RB WS7 III, GRP 2053 pipe, Spektrum DX3R, JR servos, AKA tires
Losi 8t 1.0 mostly upgraded to 2.0 via ebay- RB C5, dynomite 086, spektrum DX3S, orion servos, AKA tires
Muggified LST- Teal head 427, RD logic pipe, JR servos, panther tires
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #78
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Stock 427 + Revo + 60mph = [Not possible.


PS RTV copper is Not a Fuel proof silicone. It Will break down over time. If you want a 100% nitro proof sealant your lookin at Three bond 1211 or Racer's Edge Carb sealant. Both will work 1000x better then RTV.
Alright, I stand corrected. I assumed the radar would be right but hey, it's not that big of a deal haha.

Thank you, I'll order some of the Racers Edge sealant along with my aluminum servo horn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkendi View Post
I would worry about leaks. I'll look in my parts to see if I have an old carb that will work. I know I have a sirio and rb carb, and I should have a axial case to test fit it. I have a racers edge 32 in my old mgt, I know they are the same carb.
Alright let me know, I'd be interested in buying a carb second hand if it where in decent shape.

Also, is the carb body the only thing that I need to replace? Amain has replacement bodies for the Axial for $16, which seems like a decent price.
Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #79
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Question. From the pics posted, the carb body looks to be metal rather than phenolic/plastic. So I don't see how the pinch bolt could have deformed the carb throat. It might be leaking from scratches or whatever, but I don't see why it won't tighten down. No matter what, it would be a good idea to seal it.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #80
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Question. From the pics posted, the carb body looks to be metal rather than phenolic/plastic. So I don't see how the pinch bolt could have deformed the carb throat. It might be leaking from scratches or whatever, but I don't see why it won't tighten down. No matter what, it would be a good idea to seal it.

Carb body is metal, and I do not know for a fact that it is leaking, it is simply loose. However, I cannot pull it out when the bolt is snugged, just twist it side to side.
Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #81
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Sealing the carb worked wonders.

However I have yet another small issue. Has anyone else has a problem with the wheel rubbing the end of the turnbuckle at full-lock steering? I adjusted my epa to avoid this, but it takes alot of the travel out of the wheel.

Pictures:

Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #82
Tech Addict
 
DezSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Common thing. Mugen angle rod ends As well as RC8T ones. I am running vtr tires and do not have this problem.
__________________
Companies I support
Hot Bodies*Futaba*Novarossi*JConcepts*Hitec*Upgrade Rc*Kalgard*Sidewinder Fuel*Dialed
Arcor Raceway
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
nitroexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
However I have yet another small issue. Has anyone else has a problem with the wheel rubbing the end of the turnbuckle at full-lock steering? I adjusted my epa to avoid this, but it takes alot of the travel out of the wheel.
I hate to be harsh, but have you ever used the search function? I searched for "wheel rub" and "rim rub" and guess what I found? You got it, a answer to your question.

I know the D8T thread is a bit long, but the search function can be a helpful tool. If everyone started their own "I got questions" thread instead of browsing the original D8T thread, what a mess it would be.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #84
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
I hate to be harsh, but have you ever used the search function? I searched for "wheel rub" and "rim rub" and guess what I found? You got it, a answer to your question.

I know the D8T thread is a bit long, but the search function can be a helpful tool. If everyone started their own "I got questions" thread instead of browsing the original D8T thread, what a mess it would be.
Sorry, I will search from here on out. I normally do, I just felt that this was more than likely my error, and since I had this thread already I thought I'd re-use it.
Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine Werks Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 9300 03-27-2017 05:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net