R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #76
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Stock 427 + Revo + 60mph = [Not possible.

PS RTV copper is Not a Fuel proof silicone. It Will break down over time. If you want a 100% nitro proof sealant your lookin at Three bond 1211 or Racer's Edge Carb sealant. Both will work 1000x better then RTV.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
Yes, there are pry marks on the outside of the case where the PO tried to remove the carb I imagine. They do not reach into the opening where the carb goes though.

I'll grab some copper RTV. Is there anything I can wrap the carb neck with to tighten up the seal as a precaution? I've thought of pipe tape and electrical tape, but I don't know how either would hold up.
I would worry about leaks. I'll look in my parts to see if I have an old carb that will work. I know I have a sirio and rb carb, and I should have a axial case to test fit it. I have a racers edge 32 in my old mgt, I know they are the same carb.
Muggified LST- Teal head 427, RD logic pipe, JR servos, panther tires
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #78
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Stock 427 + Revo + 60mph = [Not possible.

PS RTV copper is Not a Fuel proof silicone. It Will break down over time. If you want a 100% nitro proof sealant your lookin at Three bond 1211 or Racer's Edge Carb sealant. Both will work 1000x better then RTV.
Alright, I stand corrected. I assumed the radar would be right but hey, it's not that big of a deal haha.

Thank you, I'll order some of the Racers Edge sealant along with my aluminum servo horn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkendi View Post
I would worry about leaks. I'll look in my parts to see if I have an old carb that will work. I know I have a sirio and rb carb, and I should have a axial case to test fit it. I have a racers edge 32 in my old mgt, I know they are the same carb.
Alright let me know, I'd be interested in buying a carb second hand if it where in decent shape.

Also, is the carb body the only thing that I need to replace? Amain has replacement bodies for the Axial for $16, which seems like a decent price.
Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #79
Tech Master

Question. From the pics posted, the carb body looks to be metal rather than phenolic/plastic. So I don't see how the pinch bolt could have deformed the carb throat. It might be leaking from scratches or whatever, but I don't see why it won't tighten down. No matter what, it would be a good idea to seal it.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #80
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Question. From the pics posted, the carb body looks to be metal rather than phenolic/plastic. So I don't see how the pinch bolt could have deformed the carb throat. It might be leaking from scratches or whatever, but I don't see why it won't tighten down. No matter what, it would be a good idea to seal it.

Carb body is metal, and I do not know for a fact that it is leaking, it is simply loose. However, I cannot pull it out when the bolt is snugged, just twist it side to side.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #81
Tech Initiate

Sealing the carb worked wonders.

However I have yet another small issue. Has anyone else has a problem with the wheel rubbing the end of the turnbuckle at full-lock steering? I adjusted my epa to avoid this, but it takes alot of the travel out of the wheel.

Pictures:

Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Common thing. Mugen angle rod ends As well as RC8T ones. I am running vtr tires and do not have this problem.
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #83
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
However I have yet another small issue. Has anyone else has a problem with the wheel rubbing the end of the turnbuckle at full-lock steering? I adjusted my epa to avoid this, but it takes alot of the travel out of the wheel.
I hate to be harsh, but have you ever used the search function? I searched for "wheel rub" and "rim rub" and guess what I found? You got it, a answer to your question.

I know the D8T thread is a bit long, but the search function can be a helpful tool. If everyone started their own "I got questions" thread instead of browsing the original D8T thread, what a mess it would be.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #84
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
I hate to be harsh, but have you ever used the search function? I searched for "wheel rub" and "rim rub" and guess what I found? You got it, a answer to your question.

I know the D8T thread is a bit long, but the search function can be a helpful tool. If everyone started their own "I got questions" thread instead of browsing the original D8T thread, what a mess it would be.
Sorry, I will search from here on out. I normally do, I just felt that this was more than likely my error, and since I had this thread already I thought I'd re-use it.