Wiki Posts
Search

Something changed and I suck now

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Real mature for a sponsored driver? Just because you didnt like doesn't mean it sucks.
But it is a true pile, and no its not setup or lack of maintenace. Thats why mine is for sale and i'm joining the Serpent camp
Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mccutch12001
But it is a true pile, and no its not setup or lack of maintenace. Thats why mine is for sale and i'm joining the Serpent camp
Also i'm not saying it drives like a pile, i love how it drives but its a cheap car and the materials reflect such. If it would stay together I would keep it
Old 02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not for nothing I recently drove my buddies d-8 for a 7 min qualifier.

I have a mugen and an m11 for a radio. His d-8 is hooked up with DX radio.

I was all over the place and could not even judge turns. I was clipping pipes left and right.

To me my mugen just felt like a planted race car and the d-8 felt like you had to finess it everywhere.

I would just bet that I am so used to the mugen though with a heavier radio.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Prophet

why would a radio make you a better driver inless you mess with your steering and throttle expos really ? and the basic steering trim , epa all radios have the same thing.

i been running my futaba 3pk radio for a long time yea its not the lightest but it feels like a radio not a toy.

i know not all radios have expo ive used cheaper controllers.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A pile? You guys get ur heads full of bs then go talk bs. Just because you cant drive it doesn't make it a pile. Tell me this, the d8 won ifmar worlds first release. Also is cheapest car on market and finished second this worlds. THATS A REAL PILE? Yeah ok, whats ur comeback. Hara can drive anything. Maybe but it holds up and is fast! No car on the market is a pile, may it be opinions are opinions but dont bad mouth thses comapanies because you dont like how the car handled for you. THATS A JOKE. Go mature up and learn to set up a car and if it dont drive like you want try somthing new. Its called driving style. Atleast HB didnt have multiple tray flaws causing alot of anger. Not only that but did same thing twice.....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
why would a radio make you a better driver inless you mess with your steering and throttle expos really ? and the basic steering trim , throw all radio have the same thing.

i been running my futaba 3pk radio for a long time yea its not the lightest but it feels like a radio not a toy.
+1 It's most likely just the change of car. When i went from my MBX5R to the D8 it was totally different and took a long time to learn how to drive it. I guess if you had a realllly slow steering servo it could be radio related
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatam
Last year was my first year racing buggy and rc in general. I started out with a mugen mbx6 and a dx3r radio. With about 3 races left in the season I got really tired of Mugen prices on broken parts so I sold everything and bought a HB D8 and a MX11 radio. I have raced this winter with it and I am way worse then I was last year. Im trying to figure out weather or not its the radio or the buggy. The radios are very different and so are the cars. Any thoughts on what I should do? Stay with what I got or try new radio or new buggy? Thanks guys.
With just over a year racing sucking should be expected. It takes years to be a fast guy.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Prophet

+1 It's most likely just the change of car. When i went from my MBX5R to the D8 it was totally different and took a long time to learn how to drive it. I guess if you had a realllly slow steering servo it could be radio related

im, not sure if running a slower servo whould be radio reactive because ive used slower servos and tried to mess with the expo and make it higher and dint notice much of a diffrence.

with a faster servo you can tell if you made the expo slower or higher.

im getting a diffrent truggy this mouth and have to learn how to drive it also.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
A pile? You guys get ur heads full of bs then go talk bs. Just because you cant drive it doesn't make it a pile. Tell me this, the d8 won ifmar worlds first release. Also is cheapest car on market and finished second this worlds. THATS A REAL PILE? Yeah ok, whats ur comeback. Hara can drive anything. Maybe but it holds up and is fast! No car on the market is a pile, may it be opinions are opinions but dont bad mouth thses comapanies because you dont like how the car handled for you. THATS A JOKE. Go mature up and learn to set up a car and if it dont drive like you want try somthing new. Its called driving style. Atleast HB didnt have multiple tray flaws causing alot of anger. Not only that but did same thing twice.....
Never said it didn't drive well, as perhaps you should read in my second post. Ever heard of hipocracy? Tell me not to bad mouth HB and then you bring up the Serpent radio tray issue......

D8 is a great car, I loved it. My problem with it is that it has limited durability due to lesser quality materials to keep the price down. If you can drive like Hara, Robbers, Tessman, or are just a good local guy you probably don't take too many tumbles to stress anything. However if you are the typical club racer, it breaks alot more than most. All cars will break at some point due to the speed and stress they are put through and all cars have their own problems in some way, that can not be denied. In the end, you get what you pay for. Some are just better than others.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Geez. You guys are harsh. I went from an XRay 808 (09 Spec) to a standard Hot Bodies D8 and was FASTER with the Hot Bodies. It's such a stable car...I just bought a brand new Hara Edition. There is nothing wrong with Hot Bodies at all....after nearly a full season on my D8 I broke exactly 0 parts....and only replaced a handful due to wear and believe me I have had my fair share of stellar crashes with it. I'm about to bump myself up from Sportsman to Pro after Psycho Nitro Blast...but I don't run anywhere near Pro speeds consistently for a full main.

It's not the car or the radio....practice practice practice....and when you're done go study some setup guides and research the pros setups to see where you can improve your car's handling. We all drive differently, therefore what works for me....might totally suck for you and vice versa. I mean look at the way Ryan Lutz drives and sets up his car. He's out there drifting on an off road track half the time and doing it VERY VERY well. It works for him. If I set my car up that way I'd probably spend half the race on my lid. hehe

Play with setups.....get frustrated and find your magical setup. We all go through it right?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TX definitely makes a difference, I went from a 3PK to a DX3R and could not drive as I did with the 3PK (same chassis) I was better with the 3PK. Back in 2008 when I returned to the hobby, I purchase a RC8 team kit and really enjoyed it, but it was a pain to get to the diffs, sold it and got a MBX5R...easiest car for me to drive, very stable and predictable. for 2009 I got the MBX6 and it did not fit me, at the same time I got the Losi 2.0t and that was a great driving truggy hands down the best IMO, but maintenance was on the heavy side, at this time I also got a M11x, and driving improved a lot. Sold the MBX6 and got me a Losi 2.0b and got better, In 2010 I got the MP9 TKI and ST-RR and this year I am still with Kyosho they fit me just right. But like many mentioned practice and setup means lots, I spent days at the track setting up the cars, I mean hours and hours, till I feel the car is right for me.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im, not sure if running a slower servo whould be radio reactive because ive used slower servos and tried to mess with the expo and make it higher and dint notice much of a diffrence.

with a faster servo you can tell if you made the expo slower or higher.

im getting a diffrent truggy this mouth and have to learn how to drive it also.
i think he was joking or being sarcastic lol
Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Never said it didn't drive well, as perhaps you should read in my second post. Ever heard of hipocracy? Tell me not to bad mouth HB and then you bring up the Serpent radio tray issue......

D8 is a great car, I loved it. My problem with it is that it has limited durability due to lesser quality materials to keep the price down. If you can drive like Hara, Robbers, Tessman, or are just a good local guy you probably don't take too many tumbles to stress anything. However if you are the typical club racer, it breaks alot more than most. All cars will break at some point due to the speed and stress they are put through and all cars have their own problems in some way, that can not be denied. In the end, you get what you pay for. Some are just better than others.
Hey who said i brought up serpent? I never said any names, theres more then them who had tray issues. Just was an example.All i have to say is Chop is a good head filler and ive never heard so much bad mouthing from a sponsored guy and his fellow followers. Dont try to sell off another car when everything has issues. With that said im saying my side. I think some things i said are wrong and im not going to edit this. Read it and think what you think. I dont care because ive talked to chop for a while and i know what he does when he cant back anything. Also now i see why you dislike the car. I see why u dont like it. But its not a pile. I ran a d8 for 8 months breaking a rear hub and thats it. Im a typical club racer ill say. Car held up great and drove amazing. Steering wasn't what i liked but set ups helped get it closer. I think all cars require a personal touch for everyones liking. It may just be a lil upgrade or change but that one thing can make a whole worlds diffrence.

Last edited by NitroXray80809; 02-28-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok guys, same servos same everything but radio and buggy. the reason I thought it could be the radio is that the m11 wheel is much tighter and the throttle trigger is very tight. Much more so then the dx3r. I am not saying anything bad about the d8 it is a very durable and good car. I have done many different setups. Two of my good friends are sponsered HB drivers. They have worked with me a lot on setups.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Lord

why would a radio make you a better driver inless you mess with your steering and throttle expos really ?
It has nothing to do with expo or other settings. It's all about latency. Some radios (even high end ones) have very high latency and some have very low latency and it does make a difference. Not so much in terms of one being better than the other as what you are used to.

Now in offroad, it isn't as noticeable. Only the top pros would really notice the difference, but that difference is there. Go 1/12th mod or 1/8th onroad racing and get good enough to compete for a mains against good comp. Try some different radios then and you WILL see the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.