Wiki Posts
Search

Something changed and I suck now

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
How are you liking the KO so far? Like I said, I would really like to try one, especially for 1/12th.
The KO ergonomics just fit me better. In the end that's all that matters. I do like that the trigger has more travel than the airtronics. And wheel travel can be custom set as well.

The weird thing is my hitec steering servo seems quieter when being pumped signals from the ko vs the airtronics. While my JR throttle servo is noisier.

Don't worry fatam, we will get you fast.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here is what nobody is understanding, its not about going fast. Im saying that all around I suck more now. Im over steering everything. Im not hitting jumps like I should. I am not on the throttle like I was. It has nothing to do with the fact that I feel slower its the fact the the buggy or radio doesnt feel right.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

I need answers to my expo questions. If that's the case it could be why your timings are off.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by johnny t
I need answers to my expo questions. If that's the case it could be why your timings are off.
Damn it hulk that would mean I would have to go outside and check it out. I can tell you I bought the radio used and know nothing about it. But I did have shane go through it and set all my shit for me. So Im assuming that its right but who knows. Ill check and get back to you on that.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Hulkamania runs wild on you?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Damn Johnny T you are a funny man.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatam
Damn it hulk that would mean I would have to go outside and check it out. I can tell you I bought the radio used and know nothing about it. But I did have shane go through it and set all my shit for me. So Im assuming that its right but who knows. Ill check and get back to you on that.
theres your problem right there. letting other people setup your equipment for you. people giving you advise is one thing, but its your responsibility to know your own equipment and set it up to your personal liking. other people will set it up to how THEY like it. not the way you like it/need it to be.

if anybody came to me and started messing with my radio settings they would be in a world of pain
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Back in the early days of our onroad club, newer racers were always asking me to drive their cars to see if I could find out what was wrong with it or what have you. Almost ALL of them had so much freakin negative expo on the steering that I couldn't drive them at all. If I had one of them setting up my radio for me, I'd never finish a race.

A couple of them have since got pretty good so I have let them drive my car to see what an a main winning car feels like. The usual response: "my god that thing turns"
Old 03-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Awe nuts, and I just switched to KO eurus from a M11x.

Fatam. Did you run expo on your old radio? The m11 needs expo to be turned on before it actually works. Under the expo graph it should say ACT and not INH. Just an FYI.

I spent a good three months struggling with the m11 till I figured that one out.
Yes it is active. Oh and do you people think I would let just some random guy set up my radio. He is a sponsered driver that has been working with me for a year now. He knows my driving style better than me. Everyone wants to come on here and hate. Trust me my guys no how I drive and what my set ups need to be. As for the buggy I have tried many set ups. The one Im running now is the best but still not great.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well it sounds like you already know what it is then, sounds like you're not looking for advice.

If you think it's the equipment, get something else, pretty simple.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Well it sounds like you already know what it is then, sounds like you're not looking for advice.

If you think it's the equipment, get something else, pretty simple.
+1

sometimes, it's easier to just go back to basics. kit setup, default the radio, etc. I would just try another radio though.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatam
Yes it is active. Oh and do you people think I would let just some random guy set up my radio. He is a sponsered driver that has been working with me for a year now. He knows my driving style better than me. Everyone wants to come on here and hate. Trust me my guys no how I drive and what my set ups need to be. As for the buggy I have tried many set ups. The one Im running now is the best but still not great.
sorry, didnt mean to have that come off as "hateful"

but i run with season sponsored guys and world champions right hand man. these people know their shit, and i would NEVER let them touch my radio or make any random adjustments on my equipment.

like i said, listening to their advise is one thing, but letting them set it all up for you is another thing. and more then likely they are changing 5 different things at once "cause thats how they have it"

make one change at a time yourself. so you know what it does and how it feels after you did it
Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

This also may just be a case of trying too hard. I know it gets me all the time; you think too hard about how fast your were or should be and you just end up driving over your head.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This also may just be a case of trying too hard. I know it gets me all the time; you think too hard about how fast your were or should be and you just end up driving over your head.
+1

Slow is fast, be patient, and practice as much as you can. Also, don't let yourself get frustrated, this is suposed to be fun ya know?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Fatam- as we have all said just slow down speed will come.

also you have to remeber in that mugen u had a stock PLUS4, now you are running a MODDED B5 LMAO (total truggy engine to say the lease)

once we get a B6 in their and some minor tweaking you will be set!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.