R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #46
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkris View Post
i dont believe its either the radio or buggy. its all in the set up. at the end of last season i was able to drive a mbx 6, the owner of it has the same driving style as i do. lots of throttle and drifting around corners whenever possible. i could not keep the car on the track and was way slower than i am with my ofna picco rtr(insert laughs and jokes here). does this mean the ofna is a better car than the mbx 6? heck no it simply means his set up for that car was way off for me even though we have the same driving style. in my short time racing or trying to race ive learnedthat no one can set a car up for some one else. try to pinpoint one thing u dont like in your set up and make one change at a time untill it gets better.then move on to the next issue.making only one change at a time. rememberthe car does not make the driver. the driver makes the the car. switching brands again will only start the headaches all over again. sorry i got a little long winded but tried to explain it the best i could with out giving people more to argue about instead of trying to find a way to solve YOUR PROBLEM. good luck
Almost certainly the case. Just wanted to point out that there are some other possibilities.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
From what I have seen and heard, it is. Really want to try one out but I just love my M11 too much to do it.
i tried KO and ill say this, i wont be running one, sticking to my M11X
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #48
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
Just noticed your sig. M11 with Futaba servos, hell yes!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I have a D8 with a Spektrum DX3R and have never had a problem with either the buggy nor the radio....keep practicing and experiment with different set ups till you find something you feel comfortable with
endy0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatam View Post
Last year was my first year racing buggy and rc in general. I started out with a mugen mbx6 and a dx3r radio. With about 3 races left in the season I got really tired of Mugen prices on broken parts so I sold everything and bought a HB D8 and a MX11 radio. I have raced this winter with it and I am way worse then I was last year. Im trying to figure out weather or not its the radio or the buggy. The radios are very different and so are the cars. Any thoughts on what I should do? Stay with what I got or try new radio or new buggy? Thanks guys.

How many race day's do you have on the radio and D8? Also is it at the same track/same surface/tires?

Also what does the car do that you don't like? not enough steerin/push? lack of rear traction? etc...
Old 03-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Fatam,

IT's all about car maintance and keeping it off the pipes. Starting out everyone thinks how hard can it be to drive a toy car, it's not really hard, but very hard to drive it slow and consistant (slow=fast). Keeping the buggy checked over so that little things don't take you out (develope a checklist) remember what went wrong before and always look them over before you go out and race/practice.

The high bite track you been running on this winter is way different then the slide around and forgiving midwest dirt tracks of summer. Trust me running fast at LH takes time and alot of practice to figure out that dirt.

Oh ya MUGEN!

kbone
kbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbone View Post
Fatam,

IT's all about car maintance and keeping it off the pipes. Starting out everyone thinks how hard can it be to drive a toy car, it's not really hard, but very hard to drive it slow and consistant (slow=fast). Keeping the buggy checked over so that little things don't take you out (develope a checklist) remember what went wrong before and always look them over before you go out and race/practice.

The high bite track you been running on this winter is way different then the slide around and forgiving midwest dirt tracks of summer. Trust me running fast at LH takes time and alot of practice to figure out that dirt.

Oh ya MUGEN!

kbone
Great response, except for the Mugen part

Can't we all just get along....
Proudly using: Spektrum DX4R, Viper-RC Electronics, Reedy Batteries, & Pro-Line
Cancer Sucks
willbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbe View Post
Great response, except for the Mugen part

Can't we all just get along....
I imagine so...

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #54
Tech Master

What are you trying to do with the D8? Make a new world record for the highest jump? If the D8 is not durable enough for you, then you need to practice more.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Just noticed your sig. M11 with Futaba servos, hell yes!
Awe nuts, and I just switched to KO eurus from a M11x.

Fatam. Did you run expo on your old radio? The m11 needs expo to be turned on before it actually works. Under the expo graph it should say ACT and not INH. Just an FYI.

I spent a good three months struggling with the m11 till I figured that one out.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #56
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

The manual says it all.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #57
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbone View Post
Aha, I don't recall him ever saying that he was also running a different track with much different conditions.

I don't know anything about the tracks he's running but yes, high bite is a COMPLETELY different animal from low bite.

In some ways it can be easier. Once you find a set-up that's driveable, it can be easier to get the car around. Actually being fast, that's a different story.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #58
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
Awe nuts, and I just switched to KO eurus from a M11x.

Fatam. Did you run expo on your old radio? The m11 needs expo to be turned on before it actually works. Under the expo graph it should say ACT and not INH. Just an FYI.

I spent a good three months struggling with the m11 till I figured that one out.
Man, I actually didn't know that myself. Good thing I'm not an expo user

How are you liking the KO so far? Like I said, I would really like to try one, especially for 1/12th.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Practice is what its all about.When I got my d8 two years ago I thought it had too much steering but as i drove it for two seasons and i can drive it as hard as i want it too.The d8 is a great buggy.There is no such thing as a buggy that suited for everybody that would be foolish to say.Now i got a JQ buggy and now thats a hand full btw you will never get a straight answer out of a fanboy sometimes you have to figure it out for yourself.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

O

Last edited by johnny t; 03-01-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote