I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

I heard CEN Racing is out of business! I have tried contacting them for a month now and nada, no answering emails or the phones.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

FORUM seems unchanged...
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skavenger
I heard CEN Racing is out of business! I have tried contacting them for a month now and nada, no answering emails or the phones.
Strainge 1st post.....

You have heard or is it your own conclusion from what you are experiencing?

If you are contacting the factory let me remind you it is French and most French people only like to read and write French.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

As of 2 weeks ago, they were in the middle of moving their offices. I was working on becoming a dealer for them and was told to give them about a month.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I called and spoke to them last week. They were finishing up the process of moving to new offices.

Please do some research before you post trash like this.

Thank you.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roelof
most French people only like to read and write French.
LOL!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

no answering emails or the phones.
I'd try looking for a translator online, type your email and convert it. I do that over here in Japan. The sentence structure is a little different, but they understand what I'm trying to say.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They are not out of business. I know a cen dealer and he just recently got some new products from them
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am a CEN Dealer. It may seem they are out of business, but they aren't yet. They did move last year and I have heard that they are moving again. From what I hear, they only have 2 employees left in the California Location. The Retail site is updated with The new Buggy and Truggy, but there are no parts listings for anything. The dealer site does not even have any new stuff on it. nothing has been done with the dealer site in 2011. CEN has gone through a lot of changes in the last year, which they claim are for the better. I can't understand how downsizing, and ignoring customers and dealers can be better, but what do I know. I still have my Matrix Arena TR and there are quite a few in my area. I have still been able to get parts by emailing them to order. I am afraid to order any new products because of the lack of parts support.

If anyone knows anything I don't, fill us in!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

As this was your first post, and a real controvercial one to say the least, will you be so kind as to share with us where you HEARD it?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave1GP
As this was your first post, and a real controvercial one to say the least, will you be so kind as to share with us where you HEARD it?
Im kinda wondering the same thing. I ordered some parts for my TR Arena about a month and a half ago. Received part of it but lower a arms have been back ordered. I called July 26 at 2:45 their time and was told the part was in and they shipped it that day at NO CHARGE because of the long delay. I added a couple bearings to the order at just over $12. Had an issue with my card and he told me he would go ahead and ship it and I could call back on the 27th when I got the fraud lock removed from my card and pay for the items. I called back the next morning at the same number and it was disconnected.
So was the fax number listed on the site. Now it states the numbers are no longer in service. I sent two emails requesting they contact me with info on how to pay for the item they sent, still no answer. When I contacted them two months ago to order the parts I was told they had new owners and were in the process of taking things over.

Kinda funny how they went from great customer service with the new owners to having their phones shut off. By the way they did in fact ship the items and they are due to be delivered to my house in Georgia tomorrow according the the tracking info.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spanky916
Kinda funny how they went from great customer service with the new owners to having their phones shut off. By the way they did in fact ship the items and they are due to be delivered to my house in Georgia tomorrow according the the tracking info.
Customer Service w/ the new owners was horrendous, right out the gate. The new ownership has made a huge number of bad decisions- from getting rid of any US-based development efforts, cutting the race kits from the line entirely, and basically not shipping orders. Such a shame... they had a lot of potential.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Wow some people are very critcal hes new cut him some slack.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm to the RC world and bought a used CEN GST a few weeks ago. When I took it into the local shop for tuning I learned that I need a new pull start assembly and one-way bearing. Unfortunately I can't find any CEN dealers in Canada so I tried calling their parts department and had the same experience...message says that the number has been disconnected. I'm able to find the pull start assembly on ebay, but no luck with the one-way bearing...any suggestions on where I may be able to find a bearing? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Sean
Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjtkway
I'm able to find the pull start assembly on ebay, but no luck with the one-way bearing...any suggestions on where I may be able to find a bearing?
Depends on which motor it is. I had the same problem when I got my Matrix TR new. The one way bearing crapped out. I called CEN and they said there was a problem with the design and sent me a new motor. It was slightly larger as I recall and designed different. Never had a problem with that one. With regard to locating a bearing you have two options switch to a roto start back plate and check your hobby store heli section. Most 250 and up size CP helis have them on the main shaft. You may find one that will work.

Cheers,

Spanky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.