R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #31
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

I'm a cen Dealer as well that is wondering whats going on. I brought some stock through dealer website which went to backorder and last heard from them on 7th Sep been ringing & emailing for the last 2 weeks with no reply either. I feel like the writing is on the wall as no business just disappears for 2 weeks. Currently have high stock levels in some area's.

I imagine if and when this rumour is confirmed stock will fly out as everyone stocks up on what parts they can.

If any does need anything that they cant get a hold of i have a lot of buggy & truggy parts currently. very light on vehicles though.
Cen Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #32
Tech Rookie

Default I'm still trying

With only 2 guys working their from my understanding currently, I'm not giving up hope Cen have produced great products i hope it continues. I'm now into week three since i last spoke to someone
Cen Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #33
Tech Rookie

Can't tell what week I'm on now since I last spoke to someone but surely over a month This sucks the least they could have done is send an email or post something up on their site. Now I dont even know how I would get my money back for all the stuff that I ordered and paid for.
jmartinez1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry guys, but I have given up. It has been a long time since I talked with anyone at CEN, and when I did, it was the same bulls**t story. "We have lots of vehicles here and the parts will be in next week" That "next week" went on for about 2 months. For my last order, I was getting scared, so I placed a small $150 order for some desperately needed parts. They took my money for all of it and sent me about $100 worth of parts. I just think about the dealers who may have sent a few thousand for the vehicles that were never there.
I have heard from another dealer that they "went under".
My first Nitro Truck was the CEN Genesis .46, My first buggy was the C-1, My first truggy was the Arena TR. I still have my arena TR, but it sits on a shelf where it will probably stay until I just throw it away.

I do still have a lot of GST, Genesis, etc. parts left here and also some Matrix and TR parts. I have moved on to another brand with much better customer support and parts support.

I did love the CEN R/C's, but it is time to let go.
www.terranovahobby.ca
TERRA NOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez1228 View Post
Has anyone heard any update on this place lately? I was speaking to Rick every few days until about almost 2 weeks ago. Now nobody picks up the phone or anything.

Last thing he told me is some big wig from taiwan or japan was coming down and that whatever parts were supposed to be there never showed up. Then poof everybody disappeared. SUx mang i have a fun factor waiting for one gear to get it running.
What gear do you need? I still have some FF parts left.
www.terranovahobby.ca
Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Is this true? Cen is gone?

Bloody spewing cos I've got the TR fre and it's an awesome truggy
It's in bits at the moment cos I'm in need of some parts but didn't want to order until I new what was going on with CEN

It's a shame if they go under because they were such a good design. People always commented on my truggy on how it was made.

Anyway fingers crossed that it doesn't happen

Mark
Old 10-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Hey hammerbugg, the Arena FRE is a great truggy. I have one here myself and a few of my customers still run them. I won't have enough parts to last much longer though. Sometimes we have to move on. According to your signature, you already have a better truggy. I have moved on to the Z-Car (they manufacture your S8TX) and I love it. I thought my Arena was tough until I got my first ZMXT-8.
www.terranovahobby.ca
Old 10-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

hi tera nova i know what you mean! not many people run the S8tx/ZMxt-8 in oz anymore so parts are getting harder to find. still havnt run it yet (bloddy rain)

when i decided to get it i was looking for info andcame across your site, so i did some investigations and found that they are very strong just like the TR fre.

the good thing was when i bought i got a great deal, got 2 for the price of 1 lol

awsome truggy's i must add lol

do u know if CEN is really shutting down? im after the front diff housing, pinion gear and a drive cup.

im having trouble getting the old one off. ive used heat, smashing technique (lol) and pulling at it, would you know of any possible way to get it off. if you can help it would be great or if you know of anything else that would be compatible with it ould be a great help

cheers Mark

Last edited by hammerbugg; 10-15-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: wording in sentence
hammerbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

I don't think anyone knows for sure if CEN is finished, but with no replies from them and the people who placed their orders and never received them, it seems obvious.

I know the trouble you are having with the Arena. I have had the same problem. CEN always seemed to go excessive with red thread lock. I used a butane torch to heat the cup. Then clamp vise grips on the base of the cup. Lay the vise grips on something solid like a work bench or block of wood with the diff over the edge. Put a bolt or steel punch inside the cup and "beat" the pinion out of it.
Let me know if it works for you. I do have pinions, cups, and diff cases here.
www.terranovahobby.ca
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the advice Terra, will give it a go when I get a chance

I had a look on your site nice vids. I need a new diff cup anyways cos the front/centre dog bones have chewed them out. Whats the price on them posted to Australia if ya don't mind me asking?

I just wish the weather over here would get better som I could run the lrp but for now that's running and would like to get my TR up and going again

Will let ya now how I go with your advice

Cheers mark
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerbugg View Post
Thanks for the advice Terra, will give it a go when I get a chance

I had a look on your site nice vids. I need a new diff cup anyways cos the front/centre dog bones have chewed them out. Whats the price on them posted to Australia if ya don't mind me asking?

I just wish the weather over here would get better som I could run the lrp but for now that's running and would like to get my TR up and going again

Will let ya now how I go with your advice

Cheers mark
email me with your shipping address and I will check the shipping price.
My email is sales@terranovahobby.ca
www.terranovahobby.ca
Old 10-18-2011, 03:27 AM   #42
Tech Adept

If you guys arnt getting the parts you ordered, either cancel the order or contact the Better Business Bureau. A company, even one that is downsizing, has to fill there obligations and you guys dont deserve to lose money for ANY reason. Ive also noticed some very rude remarks on this post, Im sure the original creators of this thread didnt mean to offend anyone or CEN racing, and people get mad when they order things and dont get them. If anyone has any new news on whats going on with CEN racing, please let us know, thanks!
Zotter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter7 View Post
If you guys arnt getting the parts you ordered, either cancel the order or contact the Better Business Bureau. A company, even one that is downsizing, has to fill there obligations and you guys dont deserve to lose money for ANY reason. Ive also noticed some very rude remarks on this post, Im sure the original creators of this thread didnt mean to offend anyone or CEN racing, and people get mad when they order things and dont get them. If anyone has any new news on whats going on with CEN racing, please let us know, thanks!
I have not noticed the rude comments. I don't think anyone means to bash CEN. I certainly enjoyed the time I had as a CEN dealer and personally loved their products. If I didn't like their products, I would not have used them and certainly would not have sold them.
www.terranovahobby.ca
Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #44
Tech Apprentice

^^^^^^ agreed with Terra Nova. i too love their products they produce but it would be nice to hear from some one from CEN to know whats going on. especialy myself because im in Australia and the only info i gather is from their forums which are and have been slowly dying.

Anyways hope they dont go under

Terra nova just letting you know that i'll email you tonight with the stuff i need

cheers Mark
Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #45
Tech Rookie

Zotter thanks for your nice comments but respectively please leave the fun police work to the mods. I'm sure if they had an issue with someones comments they would have contacted them or deleted the post.
Also just as a note. You cant cancel your order or even look at it anymore because that whole part of the site is "Down for maintenance"

So back to my original comment. Just tried to contact them and got the "that number has been disconnected" message.
Please dont tell me it's true, Cen may be officially gone.
I think the last meeting that Rick(guy at Cen) had was them telling him his job is gone. Which really sucks that guys was stressing trying to get parts to us. Really cool person to talk to.

Maybe they are just fixing their issues before they come back online? Who knows now.

Tera nova got your email. Will keep in touch about parts. Thanks
jmartinez1228 is offline   Reply With Quote