R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would def. get that ST-RR that was posted way before any Losi. I am a team associated fan and would get it before the RC8T RS.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9graffix View Post
Take a look at this..... This is kinda the deal you might be looking for. Just always make sure they have high rating, don't be afraid to ask for a phone number if you are truely interested, when dealing with something priced this high.
Kyosho ST-RR w/Orion motor. Ready to run with lots of parts!

wow now thats something i whould buy used thats in great shape !
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

like i said before, there are other truggies out there that are on the same level as the losi, but none of them come with the caliber of radio the losi does.

Believe me, i just went threw this.Spend the extra money now and save later.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

Again thanks for all the helpful info. I can't see myself doing much more than club level racing, but I don't want to be limited by my equipment should I decide to go to a higher level.

Last night (before I read the replies unfortunately ) I took the leap and bought a Hot Bodies D8T.

It comes with 4 new Proline Caliber dish wheels and tires, 4 new Crime Fighter Proline tires and dish wheels, OFNA starter box with the big duel motors, original owners manual, Skyline XR pipe, humpback TX battery, Hitec HS645MG steering and throttle servos, and an Axial .28 Silver Top Motor.
All for $300.

The truggy itself looks very very clean in pictures.

It needs a radio and receiver but I plan to get a Spektrum DX3E for it. Also, I'm going to replace those servos with something more capable.

I know the Axial isn't optimal for racing, but I've been told it'll be fine for a practice engine.

What kind of deal do you guys think I got?
Redrawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the 645 will work fine for your throttle. But as for the steering you want more torque. This is what I run. works fantastic.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
Tech Champion

I say just get it and run it and see how it goes for starters. Later, if you want to upgrade your steering servo, consider the Tower brand equivalent or Hobbico CS-170.. It's the same as the Hitec but cheaper...

As for the Axial, it's probably not an ideal racing engine cuz it will drink a lot and won't have the greatest top-end, but for starters it'll get the job done. Should also be good out of the corners and for run-ups to jumps with the extra torque...

Enjoy..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #22
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9graffix View Post
the 645 will work fine for your throttle. But as for the steering you want more torque. This is what I run. works fantastic.
I was a planning on switching to the Hobbico equivalent to that servo, and I might as well upgrade the throttle servo while I'm at it. That way I can sell the two Hs645's as a lot.

But yes, I agree I'll try to run it 'as is' for a little while just to see how much more I need.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #23
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
Again thanks for all the helpful info. I can't see myself doing much more than club level racing, but I don't want to be limited by my equipment should I decide to go to a higher level.

Last night (before I read the replies unfortunately ) I took the leap and bought a Hot Bodies D8T.

It comes with 4 new Proline Caliber dish wheels and tires, 4 new Crime Fighter Proline tires and dish wheels, OFNA starter box with the big duel motors, original owners manual, Skyline XR pipe, humpback TX battery, Hitec HS645MG steering and throttle servos, and an Axial .28 Silver Top Motor.
All for $300.

The truggy itself looks very very clean in pictures.

It needs a radio and receiver but I plan to get a Spektrum DX3E for it. Also, I'm going to replace those servos with something more capable.

I know the Axial isn't optimal for racing, but I've been told it'll be fine for a practice engine.

What kind of deal do you guys think I got?

thats, a good deal one thing though il tell you when i bought my 1.0 t used from a racer i knew it looked good on the outside but the drivetrain and the other things yikes alot of $$ for replacements .

so just double check the diff cases/diff gears/diff oil also.

as, for the engine its a .28 it will get you started but i know you will evently get a .21 inless you drive smooth on the throttle because it will cost $$ in fuel with .28.

the, servos since you got the d8t than go ahead and get the $100+ servos than dont know if there better really they have titanuim gears thats the only thing that seems diffrent to be honest.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
thats, a good deal one thing though il tell you when i bought my 1.0 t used from a racer i knew it looked good on the outside but the drivetrain and the other things yikes alot of $$ for replacements .

so just double check the diff cases/diff gears/diff oil also.

as, for the engine its a .28 it will get you started but i know you will evently get a .21 inless you drive smooth on the throttle because it will cost $$ in fuel with .28.

the, servos since you got the d8t than go ahead and get the $100+ servos than dont know if there better really they have titanuim gears thats the only thing that seems diffrent to be honest.
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed about the internal components then. I'll go to my LHS sometime this week and get diff and shock fluid and do an immediate tear-down when it arrives.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrawker View Post
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed about the internal components then. I'll go to my LHS sometime this week and get diff and shock fluid and do an immediate tear-down when it arrives.

if its from a pro racer than most likely it wont be bad still check it though i dont know the wear rate on the d8t drivetrain compared to losi.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you will like the d8t
Muggified LST- Teal head 427, RD logic pipe, JR servos, panther tires
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote