R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

8T's are as tough as anything on the market. Slop actually makes them drive better. They fly perfect, land perfect, get off corners well, float through whoop sections and are overall a blast to drive when you attack the track. 250 for well used, but I would go on the prowl for someone's backup/spare truck with low/no miles and offer north of 300 for package deal with new parts, tires and extra stuff. They're around if you cast a wide enough net.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I had 8ight-B 2.0 and 8ight-T 1.5 last summer. I think 2.0 is even better.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default slop

Its a good question about how sloppy a car is and I guess it wont effect race performance etc. But when I felt a new LRP truggy it felt terrible, brand new, and same for losi 8t brand new, this is one in the shop that was made, but it was better than lrp one. I know that doesnt mean much, but still.
But I bought a 8t from a sponsored racer who has raced it 9 times and wow, no slop just feels tight as fuck. Im glad I chose associated as going back......17 years ago or so I ran associated and losi trucks and it was the same back then, just IMHO a better build from AE. But I dont know about these days, lots of success with losis etc. and they are both obvious great trucks as is HB, but for me personally, Ive always thought that AE feels better quality, less slop, stronger, firmer. U dont wanna buy from a backyard hack imho, as someone said here, a racer who is getting rid of spare or something like that is the way to go.
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

its, not just the slop in the losis the losi truggys get pretty sloppy it does make it drive better but man i get tried of the "drivetrain" wearing so fast the eight truggy wear faster than the eight buggys.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

your making it out to be a bigger deal than what it really is. they all need freshening up periodically. you can piss and moan about any of the trucks, but your best 3 choices are the losi, mugen, or xray. not in any particular order but as of now those are the 3 most durable capable kits, yet all have their weeknesses but if thats what ppl dwelled on noone would ever buy anything.
........ how the hell did it even get to this he just wanted to know what a used losi cost?
eb mod 18tm
swirlvike666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
to dam much

the cheapest ive seen for one brand new its $569 at overdrive r/c there is truggys just as good for cheaper .

READ the TITLE of the thread, Might help you make more sensible responses.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
???

when you see them get listed, you have to move quick.They sell real fast.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Default Get an MP-9, They're cheaper and don't wear out!

You guys should just get an MP-9. The Kyosho is less expensive than the Losi and far more durable.

The drive train on the Kyosho alone is worth the switch. The CV style Losi drive train is not near as durable as the universals that come with the Kyosho.

Amain has the MP-9 for 584.00 and the Losi for 599.00 or something to that effect.

...oh and no you can't compare the K team kit to the Losi, the 8 doesn't come with all that hop up stuff on it. Go buy front and rear alum hubs, alum radio tray, alum adjust hinge pins etc (all that stuff is on the team kit) add up all that cost and compare if you want to compare to the team kit.

Add all the hopups to your ride to make it apples to apples and look at the cost is the point. You'll find it is negligible.

About the only thing Kyosho is expesive on is parts(a dollar or two in most cases, not gonna break the bank) but you break/wear less so does that really matter? I bet guys go through more drive train stuff on their losi than I do in all broke parts in a year...not kidding.

Not to mention the MP-9 is the most dominate car on the track right now.

...ranting a bit here but tired of hearing how Kyosho is so expensive when all anyone does is compare a totally bling'd out kit to their std. kit with no options. Oh a little tid bit for ya. when the orig. TK I was out of stock, all team drivers were driving the SE kit and just as competitive. Translation you don't have to have all the bling'd stuff to be fast. it is a bullet proof kind of deal, added strength if you will. For ex. the rear hubs in alum. I don't run them. I like the plastic ones for some reason. Same with the threaded shocks. I like the clips. I know exactly how many mil I need and I like that, to each his own.

Get a Kyosho! You'll never look back.
cfish8u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

I was going though that too.But decided to get a new RC8T and tune the wheels off it whether than buy a used losi good luck
Old 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfish8u2 View Post
You guys should just get an MP-9. The Kyosho is less expensive than the Losi and far more durable.

The drive train on the Kyosho alone is worth the switch. The CV style Losi drive train is not near as durable as the universals that come with the Kyosho.

Amain has the MP-9 for 584.00 and the Losi for 599.00 or something to that effect.

...oh and no you can't compare the K team kit to the Losi, the 8 doesn't come with all that hop up stuff on it. Go buy front and rear alum hubs, alum radio tray, alum adjust hinge pins etc (all that stuff is on the team kit) add up all that cost and compare if you want to compare to the team kit.

Add all the hopups to your ride to make it apples to apples and look at the cost is the point. You'll find it is negligible.

About the only thing Kyosho is expesive on is parts(a dollar or two in most cases, not gonna break the bank) but you break/wear less so does that really matter? I bet guys go through more drive train stuff on their losi than I do in all broke parts in a year...not kidding.

Not to mention the MP-9 is the most dominate car on the track right now.

...ranting a bit here but tired of hearing how Kyosho is so expensive when all anyone does is compare a totally bling'd out kit to their std. kit with no options. Oh a little tid bit for ya. when the orig. TK I was out of stock, all team drivers were driving the SE kit and just as competitive. Translation you don't have to have all the bling'd stuff to be fast. it is a bullet proof kind of deal, added strength if you will. For ex. the rear hubs in alum. I don't run them. I like the plastic ones for some reason. Same with the threaded shocks. I like the clips. I know exactly how many mil I need and I like that, to each his own.

Get a Kyosho! You'll never look back.

Before you bless us with your Kyosho knowledge, read the post and then think about it a little.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Before you bless us with your Kyosho knowledge, read the post and then think about it a little.
Greg, give it up. No other hobby/sport is saturated with jackasses like this one, lol.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #28
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
Greg, give it up. No other hobby/sport is saturated with jackasses like this one, lol.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

LOL, I hear ya.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Alright guys I bought 8ight-T 2.0 for $250,just waiting for USPS

I had few Kyosho Inferno buggies, but Losi was better for me. Plus I'm done for buggy racing. So no MP9. Which is better, Kyosho ST-RR or Losi 8ight-T 2.0?
I think Losi is my answer