R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default tiger st-1 truggy

i just ordered this truggy from amain and aparently they had it for less than 300.00. anyone had experience with this truck i would like to know a little bit about it. thanx for any help you may provide.
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The truck is not bad i ran one for a little while if ur going to race it u will wont to get the wing mount for sure and some better tires the ones that come with it or ok but not that good i really didnt break anything but im sure some extra hubs,arms and few other parts would be good to have.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
The truck is not bad i ran one for a little while if ur going to race it u will wont to get the wing mount for sure and some better tires the ones that come with it or ok but not that good i really didnt break anything but im sure some extra hubs,arms and few other parts would be good to have.
how was the engine....in the instruction manual they tell you to seat the hsn and go 2.5 turns counterclock wise and keep richening until it stalls,and then clockwise one turn and break the motor in at that setting. or is it ready to break in right out of the box?
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I couldnt tell u man i didnt run the motor that come with it.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Me and my brother ran two PROs before the RC8T was released and they werent too bad. The carbon parts are alittle risky but other than that very tough. We had a BCE chassis on one of them and it seemed to help smooth it out but wasnt needed. Good luck
ROSCOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
sac
Tech Regular

The ST-1 is a tough truck .May not be the fastest one out there ,and the handling a decent .There is a steering mod you can do to give more steering.My local hobby shop carried them a lot in the past but is now banging out there remaining stock of parts a hop-up parts,only because they sell more electrics now than nitro.I had one when they first came out and like i said very tough trucks.Tough as anything out there currently.Thunder Tiger has a electric truck coming out soon based on the ST-1 chassie.There are still a father and son that races at my local track with ST-1's and do very well with them.The stock engine isn't bad .Good for some one who is just getting into nitro.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote