Search

durango dnx408 vs hot bodies cr8

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bear_

the cr8 did it again

new buggy and getting better and better.

currently 0 durango in the amain as usual

Obviously you were not at that race. I was and the only durangos at that race were the one I was driving and the one my buddy was. We were both in the open class. Interesting how the band wagon goes. And if you were at that race then you know what the announcer was saying about another brand of car. But I guess people like to talk out of their a$$ all day long on here anyway. Hahaha
Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you really shouldn't be comparing the race results of these two cars. Its too early for that.

the reason why i think this is b/c the durango is a brand new car. It is going to take time for the drivers to tame her.

After watching the new video of the cr8 on neobuggy the designer confirmed my thoughts of why the cr8 has been doing so good. He made it pretty clear that the steering geometry and front and rear suspension geometry are identical to the d8 with some improved tweaks.if you put aside the composite chassis for a minute you could say that the cr8 is a upgraded d8. Kinda like a losi eight and eight2.0.He has taken a proven D8 and made it better. improved the balance, steering, suspension. and weight so its only a given that the cr8 will perform.

The question with the cr8 is going to be with durability not performance. and if the new designs like battery tray under fuel tank or the the new diff cases with the new easy access panel to the center drive shaft bearings. Oh and the composite chassis. I think the battery under the tank will work fine being that there is normally heat under the tank anyway.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Frank L

There is zero durango in amain at the nitro challenge

Dont't give silly excuses

"durango slow enough not to win anything"

Even JQ, a new car made it to amain.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Frank L

Man it's not a silly excuse. You were talking about the gas nats warm up race and your facts were wrong so there you go again talking out of your a$$. I just don't understand your dedicated animosity towards team Durango it seems ill-hearted at best. Were you at the nitro challenge? I was and I can tell you some stories about other cars at that race and at the gas nats that is not public information but what's the point? At the end of the day an a$$ is still an a$$
Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Wow some people are harsh this is my 2 cents. Since Team Durango scooped up a ton of talented drivers with new design people will hate its a common response. It adds pressure and cuase people are lacking in other departments they will post these stupid threads.

If you don't like the kit don't buy its that simple all this hating is a waste of energy. Durango could gave copied the LOSI, K-CAR etc but they build something new and different in my book that a huge plus its called innovation.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Frank L

So Bear, what did you think of the CR8 when you tried it?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i saw the durango run yesterday andthe car looked very good it had alot of mods done to eat by a team driver getting the car figured out looked nothing like a stock one had batt. upfront no bat box in back servo moved away from engine and up a little car is getting better in 6 months or a year once the pros have had time to get the setup right and work out the kinks this car is going to be good just like the others
Old 04-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
i saw the durango run yesterday andthe car looked very good it had alot of mods done to eat by a team driver getting the car figured out looked nothing like a stock one had batt. upfront no bat box in back servo moved away from engine and up a little car is getting better in 6 months or a year once the pros have had time to get the setup right and work out the kinks this car is going to be good just like the others
+1 this is a useless vs thread for a car thats not for sale to the public and a car that just came out.The durango is more than capable and im sure the the cr8 will be too.I had JQ THE CAR and I like it but in the end i like the d8 hara more.It doesnt mean the hara d8 is better than the JQ it just fits my driving style better There is no perfect buggy out there period
Old 04-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's all the driver. Give any modern car to any of the usual podium finishers, and the car will do good regardless. This versus that is all moot point unless a company comes out with something that bends the laws of physics
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Its by far the driver, but the car also counts, and the engine - give Lutz a proper engine and my guess he'll frequent the top in the a-mains.
Hard to be consistant with a budget engine.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

I built a Durango for a customer and it is a really nice car. I have a few complaints about the shims being the wrong size and the lack of shims to properly space the pinion gears. I have noticed a lot of noise from the drivetrain as a result of this slop.... then there is the center diff bearings going out after one race day. the diff bearings should be the normal size and unflanged....that alluminum center diff mount beats the bearings to death and develops slop quickly......

Now about how it drives. It rocks on the track. I took it for a spin and it drives different than any other car and it works great. Easy to drive fast, and really stable.....

The problems I see are related to being a new car and a fairly new company..It's not a 1/10 scale car so it needs beefier parts....the Steel used in the axels is cheap stuff, and or too thin....Bent fron axle the first race weekend....The front bumper fell off...

I also built a short course durango and broke a rear axle where the drive pin rids in the outdrive in 5 minutes on the track in it's first test drive on the track...Uh that was terrible....

Overall the Durango will be a great car, but not anytime soon. The shock caps ride on plastic bushings on the tower and develop tons of slop really fast. I had to use fuel tubing to prevent this...

It just seems like lots of maintenance and parts are neded to keep this car running, and the diff make a ton of noise....rattles, and the brakes suck...It took me an hour to get the brakes right because the ball ends pop off when I'm adjusting them.....Irritating.....

I think Durango should have spent the money on making the base car more durable and testing over the first year instead of signing top drivers to make them look good.... Making a car durable and fast takes time, and It seems they skipped a step.....I do like the price of their parts, very resonable, but the kit should have been 600 dollars not 700. and they should have a better braking system....more simple.....a wider mounting area for the bumper, and stronger steel for the axles.....A plastic center dif mount and standard bearing sizes......

I bet a 2.0 model will be out next year....with some of these changes....

the bottom line is that we were all excited about this car and it has been a bit of a letdown in several ways....I dont care who wins at the top, but I do care about finishing a raceday without replacing parts. Axles should last, bumpers should not fall off, and all the necessary shims shout be included and fit properly to make the car work out of the box....and this car does not do these things at the moment......I don't think all the mods that change geometry are necessary though, the car drives great, it just needs more durable parts....
Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by inpuressa
It's all the driver. Give any modern car to any of the usual podium finishers, and the car will do good regardless. This versus that is all moot point unless a company comes out with something that bends the laws of physics
Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To go along with this useless thread, here you go Bear how does that Crow taste? Looks to me that two Dingo's out qualified the CR8.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10089

Note: Im not bashing either car just showing that this 'debate' is stupid..
Old 04-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CaLaBeR
To go along with this useless thread, here you go Bear how does that Crow taste? Looks to me that two Dingo's out qualified the CR8.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10089

Note: Im not bashing either car just showing that this 'debate' is stupid..
+1
Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's like somebody said, you can make any car drive as good as the other now
but you like a design or not, it fills your needs or not
the D8 had many features I didn't like
but I like the design of this CR8 better, less parts and more simple is what I favor, and not buggys that use more and more parts,
and are complicated to work on
or use those silly, small, useless special bearings for no reason, like Serpent
that's why I bought a JQ buggy

the day the CR8 is available many buggys will look really ancient

Last edited by speedy2; 01-14-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.