R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #46
Tech Master

408 fan bois are gonna be flamin on this.
honestly, $300 car or $900 car... doesn't matter if you suck. it's all in the driver and setup. other than that, just a big chicken fest.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc23 View Post
dude, your motor mounts crooked... you're not allowed to post
I was never hating on the DNX, i was just pointing out that its more than 50$ over most buggys.

i see where the extra cost is.. there is lots of CNC'd aluminum bits on it, more than any other buggy i have seen. And production wise it costs alot more to mill something out of billet than it does to injection mold it.... start up cost is less , but production cost is way more.
Dnano
fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Come on guys WHY???? Will someone please delete this tread asap please.
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

stupid, stupid thread.
one8updragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Wow, another hb car that already has more slop then jenna jameson now gets a plastic chassis ..........lol..

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by we go hard View Post
obviously you havent seen a 408 in person. and this car in the pics here is garbage. hpi has and never will make anything that is made to the standards of a 408. they make stuff for cats like you though, hobby shop fan boy specials, i have no issue with the d8,although i would never buy one, but this thing NO dont be mad because you dont have 700 for a kit. this is priced right in your ally. scoop up a lil picco an youll be good to go. i think your just looking for stupid responces to your really dumb post. people with 40 posts like you love starting dumb threads.
Waiting on the DNX408T !
Kolunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #52
Tech Regular

As previous people has written there are no best cars, its all personal preference.
Some cars are better at some things and when it all comes down to it its more feelings involved than actual logic.
I for example chose serpent for 2011 because I love the complicated technology and that they require more work and finetuning to get them to run but when you do, oboy.
Some people might prefer a simple and easy car to work on, for example XRAY where everything just falls into place.
And with some choices you cant really explain why. I for example cant explain why I dont like Durango and chose Serpent instead. Its all in the head I guess.

One thing I do know though is that, few of us will actualy notice the differences in performance of these cars so much that you can rule any of them out.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_ View Post

if hot bodies decides to sell this for $399, it will put the durango to shame
and how does this car put the dnx to shame??
the 408 is about center of gravity the new HB looks like its about flex and lightness or just about being different.

also the 408 is about having a tight narrow chassis to help with corner bumps and jumps. the cr8 also claims this and it does look tight and narrow until you connect the servos, receiver and battery.

i am sure its going to be a good buggy but one thing i am not sure of is if its a good idea or bad idea how they have the servo and battery tray detached from the main chassis??? what do you guy think??
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrozilla View Post
i am sure its going to be a good buggy but one thing i am not sure of is if its a good idea or bad idea how they have the servo and battery tray detached from the main chassis??? what do you guy think??
Good idea. Can't see a downside. Like the D8, the modular design makes cleaning easier.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The price of a buggy doesn't affect its sales. If it did, virtually all of the top brands would've gone out of business years ago when the D8 came out. Yet since that time, K-cars have been pushing the G-note and Durango can't seem to keep enough stock on hand.

I think the new hb prototype is very interesting, and I'm always happy to see innovation in the hobby. I do, however, have some reservations about 2 aspects of the new buggy: the battery being under the tank causes me concern because the tank doesn't seem to have a very prominent splash/spill guard, and we almost all have sloppy re-fills at some point.

Second, the engine looks almost perfectly centered along the chassis. They accomodated the rear diff housing la Losi by flipping the ring gear/pinion, but the front diff looks standard and with a very extreme angle on the CVD, leading me to suspect that the shaft may be at/over its maximum throw angle and thusly, be a point of high wear. Merely speculating on these, of course.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
The price of a buggy doesn't affect its sales. If it did, virtually all of the top brands would've gone out of business years ago when the D8 came out. Yet since that time, K-cars have been pushing the G-note and Durango can't seem to keep enough stock on hand.

I think the new hb prototype is very interesting, and I'm always happy to see innovation in the hobby. I do, however, have some reservations about 2 aspects of the new buggy: the battery being under the tank causes me concern because the tank doesn't seem to have a very prominent splash/spill guard, and we almost all have sloppy re-fills at some point.

Second, the engine looks almost perfectly centered along the chassis. They accomodated the rear diff housing la Losi by flipping the ring gear/pinion, but the front diff looks standard and with a very extreme angle on the CVD, leading me to suspect that the shaft may be at/over its maximum throw angle and thusly, be a point of high wear. Merely speculating on these, of course.
I'll agree ur to points r great, what happens when I over fill my tank, does my battery start a spark n fire to the tank n it's a bigger problem because now I need to worry about carrying a fire extinguisher around with me at the track, n 2 the angle of the front bone is aggressive and a big wear point now, so why not fix this by doing the same thing to the front ring and pinion as the rear and have the bone come in straight to the housing to a flipped ring gear, it won't affect a thing right? And the fuel tank issue could b fixed by hacking out whatever compartment they made for the battery and just making the tank sit normal and moving the battery to wherever u can find room, I really don't understand the placement of the battery, it craziness.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Fire from a battery compartment? Come on guys seriously let's all think about it for a minute the battery on the D8 (and many other buggies) is right next to the fuel tank and I have yet to see a fire on any of them.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
And the fuel tank issue could b fixed by hacking out whatever compartment they made for the battery and just making the tank sit normal and moving the battery to wherever u can find room, I really don't understand the placement of the battery, it craziness.
The reason for it's placement is to keep the center of gravity lower and centered more on the chassis.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #59
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
The reason for it's placement is to keep the center of gravity lower and centered more on the chassis.
So how do youkeepthe center of gravity low when you raise the fuel tank up?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

So how is the battery access? Do you have to pull the tank every time you want to swap a battery?
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote