cen matrix r3

Old 02-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default cen matrix r3

Any thoughts about the new r3 buggy been looking at it for a while now would like some opinions i'd kinda like to hold out for a kit though! I currently have a matrix tr truggy and a rc buggy would like to at least upgrade the buggy! Keep in mind im not a professional or sponsered racer
Old 02-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I don't recommend it. Company has lost all of it's R&D and has never really put out a full up to date race kit in 5 years. Spend your cash on something better.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was one of the biggest fans of CEN Racing. The Matrix Arena was my first Truggy, and I still have one. The C-1 Buggy was my style of Buggy, HEAVY and BulletProof.
CEN has moved to RTR cars now instead of Race Kits. I haven't even ordered any of the new R3 or TR3. I have heard they are available, but the dealer page on CEN's website still has the older models there, nothing about the new stuff. Their old sales rep would have called me by now and said "I got your buggies, how many do you want?" I haven't even heard from the new guys.
My point is: CEN makes great vehicles, but the new ones don't look much different than the old ones. Great cars are not enough, there has to be an energetic enthusiastic company behind them.

Last edited by TERRA NOVA; 02-12-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Sadly I think I have to agree with you guys! Going to look around see what I can find our lhs stocks ofna, associated, hpi and none of us use them but I bet hotbodies? I race Cen but they don't carry there parts but the cars have been durable! I like the d8 and the t but are they available in kit form ?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by secondhand_rc
Sadly I think I have to agree with you guys! Going to look around see what I can find our lhs stocks ofna, associated, hpi and none of us use them but I bet hotbodies? I race Cen but they don't carry there parts but the cars have been durable! I like the d8 and the t but are they available in kit form ?
It is sad. A lot of Hobby Shops have dropped CEN. Even my Distributors no longer carry CEN. I always ordered directly from CEN. As I said, I was a big fan of CEN. I sold many Matrix Arenas because I took mine to the track and Bashed it to the max and people liked it. They are tough. I still take my Arena to the track and my kid runs it. I now have the Z-CAR and it is also very durable. Still run my Arena sometimes, though.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

I like the z car but there's no local support for it! Just watched a few d8 vids online there tough my focus was the regular guy not the pros vids to see what they do and im very impressed
Old 02-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Both the hot bodies D8 and D8T come in kit form only..
Old 02-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by secondhand_rc
I like the z car but there's no local support for it! Just watched a few d8 vids online there tough my focus was the regular guy not the pros vids to see what they do and im very impressed
I agree support is limited for the Z-Car. We are working to improve that. I received a call from a guy in California who says he bought a Z-Car from a hobby shop about a year ago. He went back recently to get some upgrades, and they told him nothing is available. There is a main Dealer in the US and in Canada, its just not Hobby People anymore.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Im undecided but just have to keep looking around and ask my lhs to see what they offer for cars and upgrades got a few months before racing starts thanks to all for the help and opinions
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is that your nice way of saying "leave me alone I have heard enough, I will decide myself" ?