New 1/8 needed! !!! >

New 1/8 needed! !!!

New 1/8 needed! !!!

Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New 1/8 needed! !!!

Guys I am looking for some ideas .
I have the original HB D8 car was great . Had a hard time at first getting the buggy to be planted but finally got it . So i decided to get the Atsushi Hara edition . Well long story short i haven't finished a race since . Seems like everything that can happen has happened to this car . All I would like is a car that stays together .
So my question is simple WHAT CAR TO BUY? ?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kenny maybury
Guys I am looking for some ideas .
I have the original HB D8 car was great . Had a hard time at first getting the buggy to be planted but finally got it . So i decided to get the Atsushi Hara edition . Well long story short i haven't finished a race since . Seems like everything that can happen has happened to this car . All I would like is a car that stays together .
So my question is simple WHAT CAR TO BUY? ?
I own Xray and Kyosho and i gurantee you mate that both of these buggies will stay togehter..

Last edited by didrace; 03-08-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Haven't got any problems with finishing races with my Mugen. I think it's one of the cars that has proven itself, although I think that the D8 is also a good platfrom?

What happens with your car? Screws comming lose? Or are you breaking parts?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i have a 8ight 1.0 that ive had for over 3 years, only thing that has broke is a wing mount and that was my fault.

any of the buggies listed here would hold up if driven correctly.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got a buddy that runs a d8 hara. He's never failed to finish a race due to anything chassis related that i can think of. You have to check every screw on every car after every run. Save u from some DNF's. And it only takes a minute or 2 after each qualifier.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

it's NOT the car.....it's either your driving or your building.....just saying man
Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
it's NOT the car.....it's either your driving or your building.....just saying man
I don't wanna be harsh, but that's what I'm thinking too. I haven't driven the D8 yet, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem to be a bad car.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As funny as that sounds that might be true . I bought this car prebuilt . Maybe its true you get what you pay for . I also read the hotbodies threads and it didn't look like anybody else had these issue's . I'm not sayiny their bad cars just seems like mine is not working out for me .
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Dude you need a Mugen MBX4 XR Works! that car is a tank. You can still find them lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenny maybury
As funny as that sounds that might be true . I bought this car prebuilt . Maybe its true you get what you pay for . I also read the hotbodies threads and it didn't look like anybody else had these issue's . I'm not sayiny their bad cars just seems like mine is not working out for me .
break it down and completely rebuild every part...and your first post sounds like you still have the original D8 and liked it, why not run it
Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

I ran a d8 and loved it. No problems but I keep up on the maintance Xray is pretty tough.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Losi 2.0 is a really, REALLY good platform. I ran one for a season and a half, just converted it to brushless around Christmas time and have been running it regularly since then. It is solid. I finally blew a rear ring+pinion after almost 2 years. My own fault for not keeping up on the shimming. That car is awesome.

I'm running the JQ for nitro this year simply because I want to. Pick the car that you WANT to run, you will be much happier and more confident.