R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #46
Tech Prophet

its all i can afford anyways and love the fact it has the upgrades to tune it all ready on there .

and its competive with the other newer truggys ive heard from a couple of people that i race with and have one.

crazy: maybe i should it called that lol.

Last edited by tc5 man; 02-15-2011 at 10:18 AM.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea, i meant ounces i have aka premount truggy tires so that takes a good bit of weight off anyways alright im getting the rc8t ce thats final in march \

rc8t ce specs : 9.3 pounds without electrics and engine etc.

eight-t 2.0 : 8.5 pounds i believe without the electrics and fuel engine etc.

i dont think i will notice a diffrence im just a club racer.
XT8 - 4.98 pounds (2262g) without fuel, electronics, motor
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #48
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Weaver View Post

im just sticking to what the guys run at my track outside which is losi/associated rc8, rc8t for setup help and other things.

eight-t 2.0 eight-2.0.

but that is light for a truggy you posted !
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

One thing you need to keep in mind TC5man is that more time is made up in turns than when jumping. You say you drive on a rough track. then you should be worried about how the truggy handles the rough stuff and turns in it than how well it jumps. since 90% of the lap you arent jumping.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #50
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
One thing you need to keep in mind TC5man is that more time is made up in turns than when jumping. You say you drive on a rough track. then you should be worried about how the truggy handles the rough stuff and turns in it than how well it jumps. since 90% of the lap you arent jumping.

i know that
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Nice try Weaver. Sure WITHOUT any gear. There isn't a truggy around(1/8 scale... no mini truggy BS) that weighs under 5lbs ready to go. The Xray truggy is light, but it ain't that light.

Shameless plug.

TC5, you've got your weights mixed up. Those are with gear installed. Not just rolling chassis.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Nice try Weaver. Sure WITHOUT any gear. There isn't a truggy around(1/8 scale... no mini truggy BS) that weighs under 5lbs ready to go. The Xray truggy is light, but it ain't that light.

Shameless plug.

TC5, you've got your weights mixed up. Those are with gear installed. Not just rolling chassis.

so your saying for instance the rc8t ce says 9.3 pounds with the gear installed so with the fuel it whould be my guess 9.7 pounds or less ?
thats what the specs on it says.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
yea, i meant ounces i have aka premount truggy tires so that takes a good bit of weight off anyways alright im getting the rc8t ce thats final in march \

rc8t ce specs : 9.3 pounds without electrics and engine etc.

eight-t 2.0 : 8.5 pounds i believe without the electrics and fuel engine etc.

i dont think i will notice a diffrence im just a club racer.

RC8-T CE is a dialed truggy. So is the Losi, Mugen, HB, and some others. Dont just focus on weight- focus on drivability, parts availability. You will notice a difference in how different truggies will handle, and it's not just about weight. You'll be happy with the RC8, but if you have an opportunity to check out some others, you might want to take advantage of that opportunity. That'll either reinforce your decision to go with the RC8 or will turn you on to something else that you like. Either way, you'll be a better racer in the long run. Just make sure you can get parts locally.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

4,000 grams = ~8.18 pounds, thats the magic number for truggy. I know some Mugen guys have to add lead weight to their cars to get them up to way, and that is exactly what you want. It is very costly to try and buy an overweight truggy and get all the option parts for it to make it lighter, for that price you could of just got a Mugen or Losi. When people put a heavy car on a diet, they don't change anything so shocks are off, etc. and it is twitchy. Now for some reason people think heavy=stable, which is only true in few select situations. The closer you can get to 3200 for buggy and 4000 for truggy, and set your car up correctly, the faster it will be, it will use less tires and fuel, go over the potholes instead of digging into them, and be more stable.

Don't go by specs the mfg. provides, buy yourself a scale.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post

Shameless plug.

LMAO I said without gear. I just weighed my truggy and it weighs 8.19lbs with everything (including a full tank of fuel).

In my opinion, a heavy truck isn't better than a light truck at anything. People may say the heavier trucks have more stability, but to be honest, that comes down to set-up. Just my opinion...
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #56
Tech Prophet

Quote:
LMAO I said without gear. I just weighed my truggy and it weighs 8.19lbs with everything (including a full tank of fuel).

In my opinion, a heavy truck isn't better than a light truck at anything. People may say the heavier trucks have more stability, but to be honest, that comes down to set-up. Just my opinion...

yea but arent you a pro driver though ?

you guys can tell diffences in anything
Old 02-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #57
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
RC8-T CE is a dialed truggy. So is the Losi, Mugen, HB, and some others. Dont just focus on weight- focus on drivability, parts availability. You will notice a difference in how different truggies will handle, and it's not just about weight. You'll be happy with the RC8, but if you have an opportunity to check out some others, you might want to take advantage of that opportunity. That'll either reinforce your decision to go with the RC8 or will turn you on to something else that you like. Either way, you'll be a better racer in the long run. Just make sure you can get parts locally.

im focusing on tuneabity and the way it drives also just not the weight i havnt heard anything bad about the way a rc8t ce drives in a almost stock setup on a smooth and rough track they all said its good jumping, turning , steering.

so what im doing is keeping my 1.0 t just incase i dont like it .
but it has so many tuning abiltys i should figure it out.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
so your saying for instance the rc8t ce says 9.3 pounds with the gear installed so with the fuel it whould be my guess 9.7 pounds or less ?
thats what the specs on it says.
tc5 man you hit it right about on the head my rc8t ce weighs about 9lbs 8.oz with fuel.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #59
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
tc5 man you hit it right about on the head my rc8t ce weighs about 9lbs 8.oz with fuel.

yup thanks 9.8 pounds isnt bad for a truggy i know theres ones that are 10 pounds in more the old designed truggys.

so that must be the weight with everything on it ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 02-17-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #60
Tech Initiate

Alright, where does my tank......I mean my Hyper ST fall in with weight? I know she's old and heavy, but she can run and fly with the best of them.
lika1 is offline   Reply With Quote