R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Post Kyosho Inferno Neo RTR

Hello everyone. I am looking to get my hands on one of these to finally start off with 1:8 scale nitro buggies. I was wondering what upgrades would be necessary for making this car track-worthy (as some say it isn't). What types of servos are recommended, radios, etc. The engine is the least of my worries, unless it will end up exploding and destroying my car. And before you think of posting something, post something helpful like what I asked, instead of posting something saying that I should buy another car.
Paldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why not just run it as-is? Just get whatever the popular tire is for your track, some spare glow plugs, diff and shock oils, and go to town. That platform's pretty bulletproof, but may not be as light as many of the "newer" buggies. Should you decide to stick with it, there are a ton of lightweight parts available, like suspension balls, driveshafts, carbon fiber, etc.

You can get a decent Novarossi engine for less than $200 when the stock engine dies, which should be more than enough for club racing.

As for replacement electronics, just get a steering servo with at least 200oz. and a better radio like something from Spektrum.

Great thing about these cars is that the platform dates to back around 2000, IIRC, so you'll have no problems finding spares for awhile.

Hope this helps.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, that actually helps.
Paldude is offline   Reply With Quote