R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Post OFNA Jammin X1x Sport

Well, the title says what this thread is about. I want to know what people think about this car. I've read that Jammin are good cars. So, is this a car worth the price? I've also read that you pay for what you get, and this car costs around 300$. Is this car worth the price? or will I end up paying more for repairs than the car itself. And also, what about racing with this car. Are there any upgrades that are needed to make to make this car racing legal?
Paldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

The Jammin buggy was a good buggy, but its a little dated. But they are tough and can take a beating. But if you plan on racing you will need a .21 sized engine at most tracks.

If money is a issuse buy used there are a lot of nice kits here on Rctech. you can get a nice D8 for about 150-200.
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

I dont really have a budget, but I don't really want to spend more than 500$ on a Nitro buggy. I was gonna buy an x-ray xb808 but it was way over my price range, so would you suggest starting with this buggy? or is there another buggy you can think of that is a good starter. I can buy a hyper 7, hyper 8.5, and the losi 810 in the shops around town, are any of these cars better?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
Tech Master

Yeah you can get a Hotbodies D8, Associated RC8B, Agama A8 Evo, Hyper 9 2.0, Serpant 811 and the Mugen MBX6 is 479.00 @ Amainhobbies.com. BUt do want a kit or RTR?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

I was hoping to find a kit for less than 500$ at the end, which from what I've seen is impossible. But RTRs are okay with me. What about the three cars that I gave you, I actually prefer buying them here than through the internet.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
Tech Master

The Hyper would my choice out the three, but if you can get an Associated RC8 rtr for around 500 or so.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

which hyper would you suggest, the 7 or 8.5 in terms of durability and racing.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #8
Tech Master

The 8 because it is the newer out of the 2 both are tough and great starter buggies.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

I was looking at a comparison between the jammin and the hyper 8.5 and the person was saying that the Jammin was a way better racer than the hyper was. So I dont know which one to buy. And I dont think that the age of the car really matters.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paldude View Post
I was looking at a comparison between the jammin and the hyper 8.5 and the person was saying that the Jammin was a way better racer than the hyper was. So I dont know which one to buy. And I dont think that the age of the car really matters.
First off its great you want to support your lhs. between the two buggies i would go with the jammin. Just my opinion. with any RTR buggy you should plan on upgrading the steering servo right away. the servos included just wont last. for steering i recomend the hitec 7955tg theese are realy bullet proof. other than that the only thing that is going to make you a fast driver is alot of practice. good luck and good racing
markkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paldude View Post
I dont really have a budget, but I don't really want to spend more than 500$ on a Nitro buggy. I was gonna buy an x-ray xb808 but it was way over my price range, so would you suggest starting with this buggy? or is there another buggy you can think of that is a good starter. I can buy a hyper 7, hyper 8.5, and the losi 810 in the shops around town, are any of these cars better?
I have a used 08 scec xray 808 for sale if your interested.pm for a price. Also I would go with the jammin if your picking between the hyper and the jammin jmo.
bcr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went with the jammin x1 3months ago. I really like it. Ive put some setup time into it and Its hooked up. I have a buddy that has a kyosho and really like the way mine handled. Plan on getting some good servos and a better radio though, savox servos are really good and fair priced. Airtronics has the mx-sport and for the $89 its well worth it. Also, like koopesv said you will want a .21 for racing at most places. Good luck
smccolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the x1 is a really good buggy, better than the X2 IMHO, i owned both and did far better with the X1 when i had them... chad bradly even ran the X1 until he switched to JQ recently... all you would need is some decently good servos and a better radio, MX-sport or MX-3x (far better!) for a good radio. ... a 21 isnt a must right off, most club events will let you run a 28 no problem, once you get better and more into it then you would like a 21 ... you can even run the radio that comes with it if you dont want to spend much right off, but servos are a MUST, ALL RTR SERVOS ARE JUNK! they will burn up fast, def steering. the one RTR i bought new when i started, the steering servo lasted 1 tank on the track, it was a hyper 7. hyper 7 isnt a racer at all. the jammin is tougher and a great racing buggy, and bashing isnt a problem either with it.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Here's the low down. The x1 is still a very capable racer, super tough. Buy good servos a decent .21 engine & that will be more than enough buggy for club racing. Once you have one you may find it's hard to get rid of. Overall good parts support & hard not to like, easy to set up and drive IMHO.
www.TerraNovaHobby.ca
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the answers everyone. And another question completely errelevant to this topic, but what do you guys think about the kyosho inferno neo. My lhs has more parts for it and in some other forums it was suggested as a good started buggy.