R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Losi 2.0 clutch help

Ok i bought a used rtr losi 2.0 and i have it striped down to bare chassis.I am rebuilding it ground up switching all the rtr stuff out with the race buggy parts shock towers,shock caps hinge pin brace's,etc,etc.That being said i am thinking of using the kingsheadz clutch shoes and need some help in understanding the spring colors and what to run? thanks for the help.
mfroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfroot View Post
Ok i bought a used rtr losi 2.0 and i have it striped down to bare chassis.I am rebuilding it ground up switching all the rtr stuff out with the race buggy parts shock towers,shock caps hinge pin brace's,etc,etc.That being said i am thinking of using the kingsheadz clutch shoes and need some help in understanding the spring colors and what to run? thanks for the help.
A lot depends on what engine you are running. For the clutch I always ran king headz 6061 shoes with 2 green and 2 black but that's with a speed engine. Start with 2 green a d 2 gold and 2 alum and 2 composite shoes unless you like it real snappy. Then use all alum shoes. If the buggy feels to much like a rubber band when it takes off then go down to green and black sprigs. Black are the lightest then green, gold, and sliver are the strongest.

Btw what engine are you running?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
A lot depends on what engine you are running. For the clutch I always ran king headz 6061 shoes with 2 green and 2 black but that's with a speed engine. Start with 2 green a d 2 gold and 2 alum and 2 composite shoes unless you like it real snappy. Then use all alum shoes. If the buggy feels to much like a rubber band when it takes off then go down to green and black sprigs. Black are the lightest then green, gold, and sliver are the strongest.

Btw what engine are you running?
what frank said ^^
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am going to be running the mach 427 its going to be modded and a re-11 pipe or a jp-2 which ever work the best. I know alot ppl don't run that motor so i want to see what i can get out of it. lol i like challenges.
mfroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfroot View Post
I am going to be running the mach 427 its going to be modded and a re-11 pipe or a jp-2 which ever work the best. I know alot ppl don't run that motor so i want to see what i can get out of it. lol i like challenges.
Start with 2 green and 2 gold and all alum 6061 shoes. Then if it's too snappy use 2 composite shoes and if it's still too snappy 2 green and 2 black with all alum. The softest would be 2 green 2 black with 2 alum and 2 composite.

I think that engine with 2 green and 2 gold with all alum or 2 alum and 2 composite would be perfect.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
what frank said ^^
yes what frank said he knows what he is talking about
newuserlosi8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t View Post
yes what frank said he knows what he is talking about
Thanks. Some guys would say you are crazy but I ran these cars for awhile. I like the simplicity of the Losi clutch just too bad it dosent fit in much else without some serious mods.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

Default Help too

Hi frank, I'm kinda in the same boat as mfroot I too just got a losi buggy but I'm running a GRP Tune Line engine and I really don't know much about the losi clutch set up and what spring does what and all that I just want a good all around set up with a little snap....Thanks in advance...
Brokeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The std. clutch setup works well with most engines, worked for me when I had a GRP in my buggy.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeagain View Post
Hi frank, I'm kinda in the same boat as mfroot I too just got a losi buggy but I'm running a GRP Tune Line engine and I really don't know much about the losi clutch set up and what spring does what and all that I just want a good all around set up with a little snap....Thanks in advance...

Gold and Green with alum and comp and your good to go. Its Imo one of the best buggy clutch's out there.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Gold and green for me too, but I like it best with the all aluminum KHZ shoes. That's what's in my buggy right now.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeagain View Post
The 2 green and 2 gold should work fine. If you want more snap out of the bottom end then try to change the green springs to silver one at a time.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Alot of guys will blow me up over this but trust me.... Try all losi composite with all green.. if thats not enough then go all gold with composite.. Your shoes, bell and bearings will last forever and depending on your engine should half plenty of rip......Acctually look closely at my avatar, thats not a slap wheely, thats just coming onto the straight away!
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE View Post
Alot of guys will blow me up over this but trust me.... Try all losi composite with all green.. if thats not enough then go all gold with composite.. Your shoes, bell and bearings will last forever and depending on your engine should half plenty of rip......Acctually look closely at my avatar, thats not a slap wheely, thats just coming onto the straight away!
havent had real good luck with any composit shoes, aluminum is the way to go with losi clutch.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE View Post
+1 your 100% correct

Set it like this guy said and your GOOD TO GO