Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fallguy

Wow...not good.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fallguy

UGH...

As for the spurs everyone gets a free replacement and they are shipping out now

No one has popped a front drive shaft yet even with crazy crashes. If this really bugs you put the rear shafts on the left side of the car and the fronts on the right and you will be good to go...

There are what maybe two reports of the diff pins being cut wrong? AND its an easy fix...
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

what he didn't actually tell you alongside those pics is if you get an incorrectly made part in your kit then a new correctly made one will be rushed out to you FREE.
if you suffer a spur gear failure due to having a spur gear from the affected first run (or even if yours doesn't fail but is of that type) then a new modified replacement will be sent out to you FREE
as for the driveshaft pin running close to the edge of the outdrive, it isn't a problem, it has never been a problem & you wont ever have a shaft pop out

i wont bash the durango for the reported issues as they are all on here for everyone to see. why don't you just read BOTH threads & decide for yourself?

asking opinions will just get the same " buy this because thats what i bought & its the best" answers & replies
Old 02-07-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by supercross
what he didn't actually tell you alongside those pics is if you get an incorrectly made part in your kit then a new correctly made one will be rushed out to you FREE.
if you suffer a spur gear failure due to having a spur gear from the affected first run (or even if yours doesn't fail but is of that type) then a new modified replacement will be sent out to you FREE
as for the driveshaft pin running close to the edge of the outdrive, it isn't a problem, it has never been a problem & you wont ever have a shaft pop out

i wont bash the durango for the reported issues as they are all on here for everyone to see. why don't you just read BOTH threads & decide for yourself?

asking opinions will just get the same " buy this because thats what i bought & its the best" answers & replies
+1

dubious thread as well its his first post...............
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Awe come on guys. Freedom of speech is what its all about. spotr wants real opinions and isnt that the majoy purpose of forum based communication? Sans the attitude and let the people report. I mean you wouldnt find this type of behavior in other threads where information is shared positive or negative.

Every time someone posts something negative about the JQ car the defcon goes straight to red. It is very interesting to me that this attitude prevails inherently on RCTech regarding this topic. All new cars have growing pains and the severity of the defensiveness that comes across the screen is troubling at best. So dont dam freedom of speech or you might as well start burning American Flags too.

Last edited by Frank L; 02-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whichever one your gut tells you to go with. Best thing is to feel confident and happy with what you're racing.

Also, thanks for using my picture of my diff with the pin cut wrong. I had the pin fixed and working within 15 minutes, and had a replacement from Victor Garcia of Precision Hobbies(Canadian JQ Distro) within 48 hours...
Old 02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
JQ
Tech Master

We could do the same picture ensemble with Durango pins and broken shafts.

Give us some useful feedback. Like why the guy who bought both cars sold THECar eventhough the basic set up was better?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Typical! Someone (who's sig incidentally says they have a Hyper and not a Durango), posts some pics of some of the JQ 'issues'....and THE defense is to deflect and have a dig at the Durango....classy!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah i dont have a JQ or a durango... i have a hyper and will be picking up another MBX6T with a tekno V4 conversion...

I have only seen the DNX in person, but reading the threads i have seen some issues with the JQ.. not so much with the Durango..

But im not the type who buys something when its only a few months old... i sit back and wait to see the problems.. then i pick what i can deal with.

I know the MBX6T has weak front arms.. but i can deal with that.. i like the strong drive line for the brushless setup.

And the hyper9e i liked the price and layout for the brushless one.. but it has its problems as well.. the front arms are kinda weak as well, but they might of fixed that by now.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Consider parts support as well. I really don't like waiting for parts in the mail so if I had a choice, I would choose Durango.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JQ
We could do the same picture ensemble with Durango pins and broken shafts.

Give us some useful feedback. Like why the guy who bought both cars sold THECar eventhough the basic set up was better?
JQ, the car was twitchy.... Even with the car being dialed you always have the chassis design and suspension characteristics that make the car feel a certain way. He had a Losi 2.0 and had it dialed, but he had to drive the car carefully or it would bite him....very little room for mistakes. To him THE CAR was a little better then the Losi, but still was nervous when driven hard, though much better steering. I would have liked to try one, but he sold it instead of handing to me and letting me tinker with it. The DNX just fit his style a little more since it can be driven more like a truggy then a buggy. It is very consistent and is fast once you get a real setup on the buggy. As far as durability he never broke anything on either car the whole time....
Old 02-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
JQ, the car was twitchy.... Even with the car being dialed you always have the chassis design and suspension characteristics that make the car feel a certain way. He had a Losi 2.0 and had it dialed, but he had to drive the car carefully or it would bite him....very little room for mistakes. To him THE CAR was a little better then the Losi, but still was nervous when driven hard, though much better steering. I would have liked to try one, but he sold it instead of handing to me and letting me tinker with it. The DNX just fit his style a little more since it can be driven more like a truggy then a buggy. It is very consistent and is fast once you get a real setup on the buggy. As far as durability he never broke anything on either car the whole time....
Now that is a good unbiased opinion. Told what the driver felt with each car and it ended with it one fit his style better.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rider313
Now that is a good unbiased opinion. Told what the driver felt with each car and it ended with it one fit his style better.
That is what it comes down to......driver feel. JQ, designed the car around his driving style and what he felt was fastest with this style of driving. Gerd designed the buggy around his style.....happens to be his style was closer to my cousins style. Nothing taken away from THE CAR...just driver preference.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
Typical! Someone (who's sig incidentally says they have a Hyper and not a Durango), posts some pics of some of the JQ 'issues'....and THE defense is to deflect and have a dig at the Durango....classy!
You may realise, that I am asking for info, where a customer chose the durango over THECar. Isn't that taking a dig at myself?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Ok thanks. That's what I found also when testing the durango compared to THECar. I think weight is one reason, and I will have ballast weights as options. We will be testing them shortly!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.