R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #76
Tech Elite
 
tonyv2382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,725
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tonyv2382
Default

I still dont get why a thread should be locked. we are discussing a topic, we dont live in a communist country where we cant discuss these things. Secondly there is something fishy about all of this. Random first post about which car to buy from someone with no history and rumors that insiders are writing reviews on amain. Thats a F'n serious topic. If you ask me this thread should be called "THE thread". lol

And seriously I wouldnt buy that thing just off the assumption that this all may be true.
__________________
~ No, I don't do Trades ~
tonyv2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #77
Tech Regular
 
supercross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London UK
Posts: 404
Default

i'd like to know more about the so called "insiders" posting reviews on Amain?

i was aware there had been some crap reviews posted up by people with no experience of the car before it was even released but i've not seen anything else since they were removed
__________________
Adam Lewis - JQ Design - JQ Products - SMD - LMR - oOple - MutinyRC -
supercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #78
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,499
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercross View Post
i'd like to know more about the so called "insiders" posting reviews on Amain?

i was aware there had been some crap reviews posted up by people with no experience of the car before it was even released but i've not seen anything else since they were removed
Everything you need to know about the JQ car is posted on the JQ website. From the drivers themselves.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #79
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

(Puts on flame proof suit)

Have been thinking abuot wether or not to bump this thread, and have decided to as I am considering both these buggys as the next toy now that the Serpent has been sold.

So, 5 months on from this thread started, have these buggys improved and been cured of the issues outlines earlier in this thread?

I see there is now the updated kit at Amain for the JQ which seemd to have fixed most of the earlier issues?

From the Durango thread it seems that the fuel tank is perhaps the only issue left, which also doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

Would love to hear from anyone who has stuck it out with each of these about the improvement, or jumped on board lately, and if the buggys are now on the right track to being a solid buggy choice.
thorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:06 AM   #80
Tech Master
 
cary's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

OMG here we go
__________________
Xray XB8 14,AE RC8T3,XB9 13,Kyosho wheeler,Losi SCTE 2.0,+ More
> The Animal,Frank L. Jr. <
~~~~RedRock Hobbies~~~~
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #81
JQ
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,588
Default

I cant wait
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic
 
bcr500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dayton TN
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I dont own either one but I would vote for the JQ at this moment. JQ is on top of his game with customer support and getting all the little problems fixed.JMO
__________________
MBX6R
XRAY XB808
NOVAROSSI
bcr500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #83
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns View Post
(Puts on flame proof suit)

Have been thinking abuot wether or not to bump this thread, and have decided to as I am considering both these buggys as the next toy now that the Serpent has been sold.

So, 5 months on from this thread started, have these buggys improved and been cured of the issues outlines earlier in this thread?

I see there is now the updated kit at Amain for the JQ which seemd to have fixed most of the earlier issues?

From the Durango thread it seems that the fuel tank is perhaps the only issue left, which also doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

Would love to hear from anyone who has stuck it out with each of these about the improvement, or jumped on board lately, and if the buggys are now on the right track to being a solid buggy choice.

Between those 2 cars.......Durango.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #84
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv2382 View Post
I still dont get why a thread should be locked. we are discussing a topic, we dont live in a communist country where we cant discuss these things.
Oh, sweet! I love these kinds of comments. The red scare never really wears off, does it?
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #85
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,518
Default

Awesome designed diffs
__________________
Serpent BeNeLux teamdriver // FX Engines // Nitrolux fuel
My blog: http://scrubbingspeed.wordpress.com
morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net