Wiki Posts
Search

dorango dnx 408 vs jq the car

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
You may realise, that I am asking for info, where a customer chose the durango over THECar. Isn't that taking a dig at myself?
I feel no matter what you say there will always be a target on your head with some ppl.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
Ok thanks. That's what I found also when testing the durango compared to THECar. I think weight is one reason, and I will have ballast weights as options. We will be testing them shortly!
We spoke about this extensively. The CAR is light....but I feel maybe to light and that may hinder some driving features its has or is capable of. I think more centralized weight on the chassis would calm the car down significantly. Possibly offer a thicker or a chassis with less milling done on it.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rider313
I feel no matter what you say there will always be a target on your head with some ppl.
Originally Posted by JQ
You may realise, that I am asking for info, where a customer chose the durango over THECar. Isn't that taking a dig at myself?
It was more your first sentance I was referring to.....i.e:

Originally Posted by JQ
We could do the same picture ensemble with Durango pins and broken shafts.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JQ
Ok thanks. That's what I found also when testing the durango compared to THECar. I think weight is one reason, and I will have ballast weights as options. We will be testing them shortly!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris-s
Not the exact way I would fix a Top level car....but if it floats your boat.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
It was more your first sentance I was referring to.....i.e:
Everyone has a right to defend themselves. Your pov is clear, since you didn't comment on the other post.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

My point of view is simply that I want all the rubbish/flaming to stop as it doesn't help anyone and is pointless....and I can't see that happening unless you help it too by not having digs at other brands. I appreciate you have the right to defend your product and probably have a huge amount riding on it which takes a lot of balls and I honestly wish you all the best with it. If you had simply said, yes, there have been issues but we are on the case and maybe just said that most new cars (and even those from more established brands) also have teething issues, fine....but having a dig at the Durango in my opinion was unfair. Yes, I know it is a JQ v Durango topic but it doesn't have to be a fight. No Durango owner had attacked your car in this thread from what I saw. If you wanted to refer to a brand specifically, you could of pointed to the issues Hobao had when the Hyper 9 was first released seeing that is what the guy owns...

The Durango has had a few issues with some driveshafts breaking. So far, mine have been ok. There are some things on the car I would prefer to be slightly different, such as the radio box (so it is easier to change batteries), maybe clips to adjust the inner wheelbase like the Mugen has - rather than spacers that you have to remove the toe blocks to adjust, maybe an oring on the servo saver rather than threadlock (although, have had no problems with it - is just all of my other cars used an o-ring), a splash guard for the steering servo (I have made one out of lexan for now). I would also like the number of adjustment holes in the wing top mounts to be less (or the material made a bit stronger) as there is not much material between them and you can end up with a self adjusting rear wing). Having said that, there is nothing major that would put me off buying the car. No, it is not perfect in my eyes (yet)....but I'm sure Durango will look to address any major issues they come across or to simply improve it...just like I'm sure you will.

Last edited by Jaf1977; 02-07-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Not the exact way I would fix a Top level car....but if it floats your boat.
Good enough for Rheinard!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Durango!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris-s
Where do you get these weights at?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
JQ, the car was twitchy.... Even with the car being dialed you always have the chassis design and suspension characteristics that make the car feel a certain way. He had a Losi 2.0 and had it dialed, but he had to drive the car carefully or it would bite him....very little room for mistakes. To him THE CAR was a little better then the Losi, but still was nervous when driven hard, though much better steering. I would have liked to try one, but he sold it instead of handing to me and letting me tinker with it. The DNX just fit his style a little more since it can be driven more like a truggy then a buggy. It is very consistent and is fast once you get a real setup on the buggy. As far as durability he never broke anything on either car the whole time....
If The car is twitchy, move the engine back. Makes it react much slower and easier to drive. Best feature of this car IMO.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
Where do you get these weights at?
You can get them from pretty much anywhere that installs tires (they are wheel weights) I have found a few places that will just give you a some for free just by asking... I believe pretty much any Goodyear store will have those exact weights!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THE CAR is great once you get the setup dialled i borrowed a setup from Aaron and the car was on rails on the weekend and i love driving the thing were we have two guys with Durango's and they cant drive the things and have gone back to there Mugen's as they feel better suited to them.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You're right Jaf, threads like this bickering doesn't help anyone, it actually hurts the companies involved.

My cousin and I are a prime example. My cousin (RB Brian) made a post in the JQ forum and got no response. There is plenty of people willing to defend THE Car but none were willing to answer his simple question, guess what? He ordered a Hara D8, should be here mid week.

I too was interested in The CAR, but with all the users on here acting like children arguing over xbox or playstation, I decided to just buy 10º inclinded spindles, aluminum rear hubs, quick change mount, smart center diff, and a ton of spares for my losi.

So, because of idiots on this forum, and the lack of simple support of a question, JQ lost 2 sales. I'm sure JQ is a fantastic guy, but maybe JQ will see my post and instead of talking about Ice Cream, try and get all of his customers to act a little better.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I think the Durango is great. No issues, parts are affordable.

I wonder how many problems with broken shafts, etc were from mistakes in assembley .

I dont know anything about the JQ car, as I own a Durango.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.