R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default I was wondering if ???

I am new to this site and and to rc,and i gotta say i am now hooked.But racing isent very big where i live theres only about 12 of us and most of us are pretty new to rc.There are a couple guys that have been doin it for a while but dont like to give out to much info,one of witch races in my class,and i badly want to beat him.I have an sc8 that is stock other than i just ordered a o.s .25xz motor for it.I was wondering if anyone had some setup tips or advise on aftermarket parts i could buy to help the performence of this truck to better my chances of beating this guy,im sick of listening to him talk about how good he is!!!!!
mx51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Not sure about a setup but i can tell you is to keep practicing. Make good tire selections. Your SC8 is basicly a truggy with buggy arms, the OS .25 is a monster and might get a lot of wheel spin. Get yourself some good servos and have some fun the winning will come.
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Its not the car that beats someone its the driver. As for tips just practice practice practice and drive drive drive. As for the engine you bought might be a lil to much power and a gas hog which means more pits in a main. I would of bought a werks b5 or b6 for it. Also dont buy aluminum a arms thinking your making it better because ur not. Max aluminum you want on race cars is hubs, knuckles, and chassi braces maybe!

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's simple... invest your hooby cash on the following three hop-ups....

1. tires... nothing will help you win or loose better than tires
2. fuel... can't race without it and it makes the last hop-up possible
3. practice... unless your drag racing this is the best way to make your car faster...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPACTPLAYR View Post
It's simple... invest your hooby cash on the following three hop-ups....

1. tires... nothing will help you win or loose better than tires
2. fuel... can't race without it and it makes the last hop-up possible
3. practice... unless your drag racing this is the best way to make your car faster...
Exactly. I mean unless your truck set up is like way out of wack. Lol. Im sure there's probky a nice team setup on the site. You will grow to hate this hobby if you think it just takes buying the best eqpt. Id be willing to be you swap cars with that guy and he still beats you. Just practice man.. practice not crashing and being consistent
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx51 View Post
I am new to this site and and to rc,and i gotta say i am now hooked.But racing isent very big where i live theres only about 12 of us and most of us are pretty new to rc.There are a couple guys that have been doin it for a while but dont like to give out to much info,one of witch races in my class,and i badly want to beat him.I have an sc8 that is stock other than i just ordered a o.s .25xz motor for it.I was wondering if anyone had some setup tips or advise on aftermarket parts i could buy to help the performence of this truck to better my chances of beating this guy,im sick of listening to him talk about how good he is!!!!!
Well I purchased a truck from the hobbyshop there in the mall in Great Falls and I plan on racing this year. The guy that sold me the truck said most of you guys are really slow and wreck alot. I seen he now going to pay prize money and I will beat all of you this year. He said those SC8s are overrated and no faster then the Redcats. I've been practicing at the skate park and have my truck running real fast.
REDCATRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=REDCATRACER;8597466]Well I purchased a truck from the hobbyshop there in the mall in Great Falls and I plan on racing this year. The guy that sold me the truck said most of you guys are really slow and wreck alot. I seen he now going to pay prize money and I will beat all of you this year. He said those SC8s are overrated and no faster then the Redcats. I've been practicing at the skate park and have my truck running real fast.[/ //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// . the guy in the mall sold me the optional wings and super sonic servos and now i can take off. once i get into second gear. they pay me prize money at the skate park too, i dont have a redcat though. i have a ninja donkey,u space cadet. i didnt know people like you really existed.
WWW.ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ.COM////////TEAM DURANGO//////O.S SPEED///////ACE /////////////BYRONS GEN2 30///////WWW.RCALLSTICKERS.COM////////WWW.GETSMACKEDINTHEMOUTHJUSTFORBREATHING.COM/////////////SPEKTRUM////////
we go hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Talking you answer to beatink this jerk

Ill tell you plain and simple how to beat him ,sneek over to his pit table just before your race and loosen his wheel nuts ,That will teach him .Just kidding ,practice ,practice ,practice and then practice some more .If that dont work try my idea ,it worked for me ..Sorry just kidding again .Good luck

Last edited by Bjeepn; 02-03-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Bjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Tech Master

hey thanks alot guys i have good tires (AKA endros) that seem to work real good at out track but i guess i need to concentrate on practicing.Just to let you know i did beat him the very last race we had back in november.... he was not happy!!!!!! yeah buddy..... LOL
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Tech Rookie

Well I'm the guy mx51 is trying to beat. Look I don't brag about how good I am I just let the blue ribbons tell the story. I spent hundreds of hours looking up stuff on the net about setting up suspensions and motors. But like MX51 said we are just beginning up here so to brag about winning anything would be like bragging about taking first place in the special Olympics.

Look I consider Mx51 a friend, and I just couldn't see that disappointed shattered look while he aimlessly wandered around the track with his pink ribbon anymore.. I did tell him he could barrow some of my ribbons and just tell his family he's a winner but he declined. One day after I lapped him twice in the main, I caught him hiding under the driver stand curled up in the fetal position, clinching his set-up mat with a snot bubble hanging out of his nose. I knew right then I had to man up and let him win one, but after carrying so much of his water getting him up and running last season, when I let him win one race you'd swear he was Clubber Lang.This is the reason I stopped sharing what I found out or what setup I'm running and had him begin to turn wrenches on his own stuff so he can be his own man.

I finally got him to get a computer and do his own research but now I see him on here trying to get somebody else to be his waterboy. I'm happy he did get on here though and I hope to have him over soon to setup spell-check on his comp and maybe a few lessons of hooked on phonics.

I really feel with your guy's help he will be a contender next season and maybe with some words of encouragement, us guys at the club can get him to take off the yellow helmet and quit licking the windows of his pickup.

As far as the Redcat guy goes. LOL! First off I talked the hobby shop owner into getting redcats for beginners because they are cheap. In the economy up here, cheap works to get people into the hobby. Redcats are NOT for racing, I know I have bought two for my some-day-maybe wife to try out.

You would be better off trying to race with a ninja donkey and an os .25 for sure. But hey we can always use more traffic.

About my special Olympics quip:
Please don't take me wrong, I have nothing against the special Olympics, in fact I think it's a wonderful program for the underprivileged and MX51 to compete and have a feeling of accomplishment.

Last edited by deserteagle; 02-04-2011 at 12:00 PM.
deserteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
Tech Master

O-M-god...hilarious. But seriously, this sport is more about building some friendships and having fun unless you're a pro and get paid. Helping people out is what attracks new people to the sport. Karma is funny sometimes...
Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can you say D Bag
Snowbum32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Deserteagle, it sure was nice of you to let him nurse from the tit of your knowledge. It sounds like you really know what you are doing since you have to let other people have a pitty win. I look forward to making you look like a fool this coming season. If my Redcat doesn't seem to be up to par its all good. I have been working a lot of extra hours at work and should be able to sink a ton of money into an SC8 if I choose to get one.
A guy I work with has a huge heated barn and we are in the works of building a track in it so we can get plently of drive time in before summer hits.
REDCATRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

This hobby is about fun. If you want to beat the $#@! of him, try MMA.

On a serious note, tires are your most important part of a setup other than the actual driving. Practice makes perfect applies to pretty much everything.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
Tech Master

wow deserteagle i was gonna leave out the part about you acting like a two year old school girl after i beat you but dam if that was a pitty win i guess i wont try to win anymore cuz i dont want to see how you act when i beat you when you really try... And i would be scared to see what happens to your car after that beings how busted up it was after your tantrum the last time!!!! And the corner marshels wont have a 9 lb car flying at them if i just hold back and let you do your thing