R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
savageman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Default what nitro off road?

i am new to nitro rc cars. can anyone tell me what would be the funnest nitro rc car to get?
savageman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
savageman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Default

i was thinking about a savage xl k5.9.
savageman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,866
Default

do you mean bashing wise or racing wise ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
savageman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Default

id like to do some racing. what would you reccomed for that?
savageman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageman42 View Post
id like to do some racing. what would you reccomed for that?


for nitro i whould have to say truggy if your track has a turnout for them
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
savageman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Default

ohh. what would you think would be good for just tearing it up and showing it off to the friends in a yard or something?
savageman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageman42 View Post
id like to do some racing. what would you reccomed for that?
Not a savage.

There are a zillion threads on here just like this one. But, welcome to nitro racing. The best place to start is determine a budget for yourself. That will most likely dictate what you will end up getting. Then decide if a race roller or RTR is the way you want to go. Personally, all I do is race and I'd never even consider an RTR ever. But that's my opinion.

Don't listen to people who say "this is the brand to get, they're the best". The truth is, all the buggy platforms are very close in performance. All of the brands have some sort of flaw or issue in some peoples' eyes. There is no such thing as the fastest or best car/buggy/truggy. The driver, tires, and setup account for 99.99% of the success. Have a look on Amain and see what the popular kits are, pick a budget, and go from there! Good luck!
__________________
Sean Gaffney
...where some sponsors used to be...
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageman42 View Post
ohh. what would you think would be good for just tearing it up and showing it off to the friends in a yard or something?
Pretty much anything...
__________________
Sean Gaffney
...where some sponsors used to be...
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 52
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
Not a savage.

There are a zillion threads on here just like this one. But, welcome to nitro racing. The best place to start is determine a budget for yourself. That will most likely dictate what you will end up getting. Then decide if a race roller or RTR is the way you want to go. Personally, all I do is race and I'd never even consider an RTR ever. But that's my opinion.

Don't listen to people who say "this is the brand to get, they're the best". The truth is, all the buggy platforms are very close in performance. All of the brands have some sort of flaw or issue in some peoples' eyes. There is no such thing as the fastest or best car/buggy/truggy. The driver, tires, and setup account for 99.99% of the success. Have a look on Amain and see what the popular kits are, pick a budget, and go from there! Good luck!
VERY good advise here ! DO NOT get caught up in the "brand wars". Any major brand that has been around for a while makes a good product. Inferior manufacturers don't stay in business very long because of the competitive nature of this hobby. Any buggy or truggy from any of the major brands will serve you well. Do not change rides/brands often. Buy a ride...learn the ride.....get to know all it's in's & out's and you'll go alot farther in the long run.
crazdgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
Tech Rookie
 
savageman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 16
Default

thanks for the advice everyone.
savageman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazdgunman View Post
VERY good advise here ! DO NOT get caught up in the "brand wars". Any major brand that has been around for a while makes a good product. Inferior manufacturers don't stay in business very long because of the competitive nature of this hobby. Any buggy or truggy from any of the major brands will serve you well. Do not change rides/brands often. Buy a ride...learn the ride.....get to know all it's in's & out's and you'll go alot farther in the long run.
+1

Pick what you like, and don't regret it. If your local hobbyshop supports it and other racers at the track have it, that's just yet another bonus.
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Tech Elite
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,432
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler350 View Post
+1

Pick what you like, and don't regret it. If your local hobbyshop supports it and other racers at the track have it, that's just yet another bonus.
+1 great advice and have fun racing or bashing!
__________________
Jason Burks
--------------------------------
Psycho Cells Racing~Hal's Hobby Warehouse~Murfdogg Products~Avid RC
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Just buy a real brand car you like. No prefrences really just make sure it sell on like amainhobbies because buying a fake like achme, red cat, and even duratrax are cheaply made easy to brake and heard to buy parts for.I would say lookin to buy a fun lil beater buy a electric slash 4x4, nitro is a lil tense to just drive around. You have tunning aspects which isnt easy and it requires much more maitnence. To just drive i would say hpi savage, losi lst or aftershock series, losi 810 rtr, or somthing rtr that is a monster truck or a basher/driver.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
mx51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: great falls,montana
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

As long as its rc theres no way you cant have fun.But for me i love the sc class i think its a blast!!!!
mx51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
Tech Apprentice
 
8racer707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 50
Default

Personally if i could do it all again i would buy a nitro truggy, you bash them, you can race them, and their easy to drive. As far as kit, race roller, or RTR as stated above thats up to preference and budget. Im not trying to be a brand pusher but a losi 8ight-t 2.0 rtr would be a great way to start it comes with a starterbox, 2.4ghz radio (that can be used with many vehichles and is a descent to radio to start off with), and can easily be upgraded as you progress (engine, servo's, and if wanted u can upgrade the shock towers and chassi and you have a race roller). Thats just my opinion i hope this helps.
__________________
P1hobbies.com
Mp9 tki3, nova btts, savox servos
St-rr evo, nova bonito, savox servos
FT T4.1, lrps sxx tc spec v2, reedy sonic, savox servo
FT SC10 Castle mamba max pro, tekin redline, savox servo
8racer707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS busta774 Nitro Off-Road 391 07-02-2010 04:01 PM
'08 ROAR NITRO OFF-ROAD TRUCK NATIONALS - ENTRIES OPEN Mike Dana Northwest Racers 78 05-02-2008 11:34 AM
2007 RC Pro Florida Nitro Off-Road Series Machine's R/C H Florida Racing 181 12-05-2007 12:35 PM
WHAT MAKES OFF ROAD RACING MORE FUN THAN ON ROAD RACING???? RED-LINE M03 Electric Off-Road 44 01-30-2006 10:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net