R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-31-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default I got a Slayer Pro 4x4 what wheels work with this truck?

I have a Slayer Pro 4x4 and I need some better tires, but not sure which models have same hub. Will the Slash 4x4 wheels work with Slayer if not which popular model will because I can only find stock Traxxas wheels and tires for Slayer? I was also curious about using 1/8 scale wheels and tires are there any plug and play 1/8 wheels that will work with Slayer? If I can't use 1/8 I would like to put some JConcepts on it. Thanks for any info/help with finding good wheels and tires for SC club racing other than Revo monster tires!
savannahmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahmick View Post
I have a Slayer Pro 4x4 and I need some better tires, but not sure which models have same hub. Will the Slash 4x4 wheels work with Slayer if not which popular model will because I can only find stock Traxxas wheels and tires for Slayer? I was also curious about using 1/8 scale wheels and tires are there any plug and play 1/8 wheels that will work with Slayer? If I can't use 1/8 I would like to put some JConcepts on it. Thanks for any info/help with finding good wheels and tires for SC club racing other than Revo monster tires!
They don't really make any upgrade wheels for the Slayer. It uses a 14mm hex which is the same as the Revo. No 1/8th scale wheels would work as they are 17mm and any Jconcepts wheel would be 12mm for short course.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default So what kind of hex conversion would work do they make one for either 12/14mm?

What can I do to change to SC or 1/8 scale wheels/tires on my Slayer? Proline makes a beadlock wheel with tires for Slayer but i not sure if the tire will benefit me on clay local track. Anyway any info on changing hex hubs to a more common size SC or 1/8 scale would be great, THANKS AGAIN!
savannahmick is offline   Reply With Quote