Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle servo acted weird, kinda scary actually

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Throttle servo acted weird, kinda scary actually

I was trying to tune my Losi 82.0 buggy on a wet parking lot when all of a sudden my throttle wasn't responding. I checked to see if steering is still on and yes, its still working. I went closer to my buggy and tried throttle several more times and it seems dead. I ended up turning off the receiver and when I turned it back on, throttle is working again. hhmmm. I played with my buggy for half more hour and the problem never came back.

i feel kinda lucky that my throttle didnt die at open position but still not sure if its never gonna happen again since i dont have a clue on what went wrong

has this ever happen to anyone? i had the boddy off when i was tuning but it didnt look like moisture got into the electronics since the batt n receiver cover were fairly dry just some water splatters on the side plastics of the car.

radio system used: Futaba 3PM

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

has happened to me before, but a few reasons could've been....first u might have gotten a radio glitch from something in the area....like a buisness or such....next re-bind ur radio to reciever just to make sure....also depending on the servo u r using that could be sign of it starting to quit....usually u will notice when ur running the car that the servo will act irradicate and twitch that is the sign.....check ur wires on the servo also make sure they are not pinched and no exposed wires....other than that just run the car and if it happens again then start from there...good luck
Old 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like it coulda been the failsafe?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Originally Posted by bboard
+1
Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboard
Is that a switch? Cause it could be a bad switch. Check ur connections, take the switch out and plug ur battery directly into the receiver to see if it is. Also, make sure u have a throttle return spring like a rubberband or something on ur motor's carb so if the servo goes dead the throttle linkage gets pulled back to idle position.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

binding in the linkage?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

What kind of servo? I know that with my hitech 7955tg's if they are stalled out for too long they tend to go into overload protection and basically turn off for a minute or so and if you turn off your receiver then turn it back on it resets and works like normal... Same thing will happen if your battery is dieing...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ghost68
What kind of servo? I know that with my hitech 7955tg's if they are stalled out for too long they tend to go into overload protection and basically turn off for a minute or so and if you turn off your receiver then turn it back on it resets and works like normal... Same thing will happen if your battery is dieing...
im using the stock 812 servo that came with my 8 2.0 for the throttle. anyway i found out that i didn't have any clearance on the throttle linkage and thats messin up the idle(thought i had a leak somewhere in the engine). maybe that had to do something with the throttle servo going out, maybe... but i just ordered a Savox 1258 for the throttle to pair it up with the 1256 for the steering.

as for the failsafe, i don't really have a failsafe cbl.. im jus using the radio failsafe feature but i have to be in HRS mode for it to work.

Thanks again guys