Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (90%+)
Default Throttle control?

hey guys ive been racing rc for about 5 years now and i would like to know what you guys think about this. Last winter i raced stock SC indoor and seemed to be a lot smoother in nitro this past year.. over the summer everyone told me to run 2wd buggy and it will help even more,which i have been this winter and it deff seems a lot harder to control, but i wanted to know is there much of a difference between the two if im using them to help my nitro skills? say if i run mod SC with a 8.5 or a mod buggy with a 8.5 in the long run will they pretty much do the same as far as throttle control and smooth driving?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by milan07
hey guys ive been racing rc for about 5 years now and i would like to know what you guys think about this. Last winter i raced stock SC indoor and seemed to be a lot smoother in nitro this past year.. over the summer everyone told me to run 2wd buggy and it will help even more,which i have been this winter and it deff seems a lot harder to control, but i wanted to know is there much of a difference between the two if im using them to help my nitro skills? say if i run mod SC with a 8.5 or a mod buggy with a 8.5 in the long run will they pretty much do the same as far as throttle control and smooth driving?
I don't know anything about electrics, but if you race anything 2WD it will help you in 4WD.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Very much so, much more when you go to a 6.5 or lower motor. I think it helps more on outdoor tracks, because the outdoor tracks tend to be a little looser, which calls for more throttle control. Similar to driving a rear wheels drive car in the rain or snow, caution is sometimes needed. I say it helps a lot some will say it wont.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yea, i know what you mean. In winter I run sedan and notice improvements at the start of the year. But remember, exponential is friend.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Prophet

i, dont know really i mean i raced "2wd mod truck" outside and "sc truck" also and both were electric and when i ran nitro buggy/truggy yes it helps you on throttle control but you have to drive a nitro powerband diffrently.

now did it make me better not sure really i guess.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

True it is a different powerband but we all know the punch and power of brushless and lipos. And mod 2wd buggy can be a handfull.

2wd electric and 4wd drive nitro both require a certain amount of throttle control. All im saying is, if you can wheel mod 2wd buugy it will help driving 4wd nitro.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Racing anthing 2wd is what teaches the most. Not really what type it is, you can race a bone stock 2wd slash and it will make you better. 2wd racing teaches throttle control out of turns and power band. In 2wd going into a fst section or coming out of a turn you can pin it or you will loose traction and slide. So 2wd teaches you to not do that other wise known as throttle control.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Racing anthing 2wd is what teaches the most. Not really what type it is, you can race a bone stock 2wd slash and it will make you better. 2wd racing teaches throttle control out of turns and power band. In 2wd going into a fst section or coming out of a turn you can pin it or you will loose traction and slide. So 2wd teaches you to not do that other wise known as throttle control.
+1 very true
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by koopesv
Very much so, much more when you go to a 6.5 or lower motor. I think it helps more on outdoor tracks, because the outdoor tracks tend to be a little looser, which calls for more throttle control. Similar to driving a rear wheels drive car in the rain or snow, caution is sometimes needed. I say it helps a lot some will say it wont.

i , get what your saying also with 2wd when you enter corners the best way to me anyways is point and shoot and than hit a jump.
thats the a drive any 2wd.

with the 4wd you dont have to do that much.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Yup you got it. I love when you exit a turn lined up and just go, man they track so straight and fast.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes I would also say that you shouldn't just stick with one class. Expanding to different classes will over all help you understand throttle control.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (90%+)

thanks guys i dont like running more than one class so ill swtich between my SC and B4
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

spend same amount of time with a 2wd buggy and a 2wd sct..........the 2wd buggy will make you a better driver.....it teaches you to be smooth......due to the nature of sct racing they are muscled around......2wd buggy will allow you to focus on lines and staying clean. It has made me a better gas driver for sure.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

I agree anything 2wd will help, but more so just getting the extra wheel time and keeping your skills sharp all winter will help at the start of summer racing.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i, dont know really i mean i raced "2wd mod truck" outside and "sc truck" also and both were electric and when i ran nitro buggy/truggy yes it helps you on throttle control but you have to drive a nitro powerband diffrently.

now did it make me better not sure really i guess.
The difference between driving an electric vs nitro powerband is not as significant as you imply. To be fast in 1/10 electric you need to hold corner speed and be smooth on the throttle. In 1/8th nitro you can be smooth on the throttle and also turn very fast laps. Just like 1/10th scale, it's all about corner speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.