R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #16
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post
Yep, I've been here going on 6 years from Cali. I love AZ and the ability to race so much. I'm 15min from The Nitro Pit & 15-20 min from 2 other tracks & within a hr from probably 8-9 others. I live in Surprise AZ and have a daughter that just turned 10. Summers can be a bit brutal but we shoot to San Diego to the beach some weekends or even lake pleasant to take the boat out which is about 20min from my house.
Oh thats cool. 20 minutes from a lake a that close to the pit also. I am grinning from ear to ear. Well in the summer it gets hot here to so I am pretty much conditioned to it. Thank you for the great info
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
RC-BATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: INDY
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

You guys left out Florida and Texas, alot of tracks in both states and racing year round...
I do agree, tho i dont live there, Arizona would be my top choice...
__________________
Mugen MBX7R//rw-mods.com
REX Racing//Futaba//Hitec//Pro Match Racing
Darkside Designs//Rapicon Race Fuels
JPC The Midwest Monster
RC-BATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Well if you decide to move to AZ there are schools that are pretty to notch and rank high based on national averages.

Call me crazy but I love living in Tucson. Its smaller than PHX but we are still at a 1 million in population sot its not that small.

If you do decide on Tucson the Vail School District is an over performing district with teachers that are highly skilled.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-BATT View Post
You guys left out Florida and Texas, alot of tracks in both states and racing year round...
I do agree, tho i dont live there, Arizona would be my top choice...
I didn't forget about florida that was thrid on my list and texas i just don't know about living their either. But I do appreciate the ideas.
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Well if you decide to move to AZ there are schools that are pretty to notch and rank high based on national averages.

Call me crazy but I love living in Tucson. Its smaller than PHX but we are still at a 1 million in population sot its not that small.

If you do decide on Tucson the Vail School District is an over performing district with teachers that are highly skilled.
WOW !!! that is really good to hear that about the schools their. I just feel education should be top priority for the kids, and the schools suck around here.

So what is your closest track? How far ya from the pit? If I may ask what do you do for a living? I have already found a job in Tucson. If that ain't crazy.
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrosse View Post
WOW !!! that is really good to hear that about the schools their. I just feel education should be top priority for the kids, and the schools suck around here.

So what is your closest track? How far ya from the pit? If I may ask what do you do for a living? I have already found a job in Tucson. If that ain't crazy.
I am 15 min from Canyon Vista nitro and electric. 20 Min from Hobby Town USA electric only and 30 min from Competiton Hobby electric only.

2 hours and 30 min from the pit. The drive to tucson to phx is nearly the same time it takes to get the pit starting in phx depending where you live.

I work for a consulting firm.

Where did you land a job at in tucson?
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #22
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
I am 15 min from Canyon Vista nitro and electric. 20 Min from Hobby Town USA electric only and 30 min from Competiton Hobby electric only.

2 hours and 30 min from the pit. The drive to tucson to phx is nearly the same time it takes to get the pit starting in phx depending where you live.

I work for a consulting firm.

Where did you land a job at in tucson?
Holy Smokes 3 tracks and the farthest one is 30 minutes from you. Now that is awesome, as far as the job I found it on craigslist. I haven't excepted it but the guy Mike would love for me to come down and work for him. But my fiancée doesn't want me to do that so I haven't excepted. But I did already have a job offer which is way better then what I have been experiencing here in Idaho. Here is the add http://tucson.craigslist.org/lab/2175882447.html

So are you a counselor?
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU

Last edited by calrosse; 01-27-2011 at 03:13 PM.
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
dishsoap's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrosse View Post
Holy Smokes 3 tracks and the farthest one is 30 minutes from you. Now that is awesome, as far as the job I found it on craigslist. I haven't excepted it but the guy Mike would love for me to come down and work for him. But my fiancée doesn't want me to do that so I haven't excepted. But I did already have a job offer which is way better then what I have been experiencing here in Idaho. Here is the add http://tucson.craigslist.org/lab/2175882447.html

So are you a counselor?
No not a counselor. More of a consultant for travel related industries.
__________________
HobbyTown USA Tucson!!! HobbyTown USA SRS!!!!
dishsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #24
Tech Adept
 
calrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: B main and movin up to the A main
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
No not a counselor. More of a consultant for travel related industries.
Oh that's cool.
__________________
THIS SITE HAS THE BEST PEOPLE..........THANK YOU
calrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
Snowbum32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,596
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I would look up Gilbert AZ. Its one of the top rated cities to live in in the country. Very Clean Schools are AWESOME and the housing market is holding stronger there than surrounding cities. Tracks are all close and their parks are really well taken care of.
Snowbum32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T44 i am building one, please share information if you have any!! NJA82 Electric Off-Road 14 12-23-2008 08:08 AM
Burned Out 2 Throttle Servos....Any Ideas?? tunerjetta29 Nitro On-Road 9 01-12-2005 06:31 PM
Looking for first airbrush set? Any ideas, reasonable price $100 or less gentleman81 Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 16 09-30-2004 09:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net