R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi Buggy Tire

Has anyone tried these. It seems the tracks I race on get real slippery when it's dry and hardpacked, I tried the revolvers but they slid too much in the loose sections, then I tried the Calibers and they are good, but I'm sure something else would work better,,,then I throw on the I Beams in the main when the moisture comes out of the ground in the evening I'm hooked up and do well, but in qualifying I feel that I suffer in the slick outdoor conditions during the day..

I came across these G2 tires and they look just about in the middle of the larger pin tires and the smaller pin tires.

On a super prepped track the dust and loose dirt are dealt with, and sure the smaller pin tires will work, but in the real world the tracks have mixed conditions, and they change fast. I have calibers, revolvers, I beams, City blocks, crossbraces, ,,What am I missing???

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Foam-Green-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-Yellow-2
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
Has anyone tried these. It seems the tracks I race on get real slippery when it's dry and hardpacked, I tried the revolvers but they slid too much in the loose sections, then I tried the Calibers and they are good, but I'm sure something else would work better,,,then I throw on the I Beams in the main when the moisture comes out of the ground in the evening I'm hooked up and do well, but in qualifying I feel that I suffer in the slick outdoor conditions during the day..

I came across these G2 tires and they look just about in the middle of the larger pin tires and the smaller pin tires.

On a super prepped track the dust and loose dirt are dealt with, and sure the smaller pin tires will work, but in the real world the tracks have mixed conditions, and they change fast. I have calibers, revolvers, I beams, City blocks, crossbraces, ,,What am I missing???

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Foam-Green-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tires-Yellow-2
Have you tried the Losi XBT up front with the Losi Eclipse in the back. Its a nice set up.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You sound like you're on a typical outdoor clay track.

Dry/dusty/groove tries to form but can't during the day.

Moisture may rise at night and it goes tacky and/or slick depending on the amount of moisture.

Of the Losi tires, the G2 Digits (regular digits; NOT ultra) work great all around and drive much better/more consistent than PL Calibers.

Or, of the JC tires, try Crowbars/Crossbows if you want steering and loosen the car up a bit in the rear. This drive similar, but has a bit more steering and is "sharper" handling than the Losi XBT/Eclipse Combo. The Losi XBT/Eclipse is smooth and easy to drive overall and I use it a lot on outdoor tracks like what you described.

JC Hitmen are like the older version of Crowbars. They have a neutral feel, very predictable.

Of the tires you have, you could try running Cityblock/Ibeams (beams on rear) during the day. I've never liked CB on buggy though, they don't have enough turn-in for my taste.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I would try what dishsoap suggested. Red compound should work fairly well when its dry and a bit of loose on top.

You could also try green G2 blockheads, which i think is losi's best all around tire for most track conditions.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

The Digits and BlockHeads are great tires. I run them on occassion.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Blockheads are an awesome tire. Sounds like that track condition would be perfect for you.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Default Thanks alot guys...

I will check some of these out....Keep it coming...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I will check some of these out....Keep it coming...
Mad dog I ran the Digits at Vertigo, awesome for that track when IBEAMs dont seam to work.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Default Cool man

I need more tires for harder tracks, mostly during qualifying....I will try them out, so the digits, not the g2's is that the consensus....Is that how you spell consensus????