R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to alexortega2003
Default Any Big Brand on the works of a new 1/8th buggy/truggy series?

Just wondering if anyone has any info or has heard of any new buggy or truggy being on the works? Losi 3.0? MBX7?

Just wondering.

^.--**--.~^Racing Team ORGU^~.--**--.~^
alexortega2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Tech Adept

just wondering because its been 2 years since anyone has released any new buggy/truggy

Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The new Jammin buggy will be present at The Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany runs from 3-7th Feb..
Hong Nor plans to announce their brand new 1/8th scale buggy along a number of other cars which may still only be in prototype form and under wraps.
here is the report...
HongNor appreciate those who patiently waited for our new 1/8 off-road racing buggy. We'd like to announce that the newly developed 1/8 buggy along with a number of new cars (these may be prototype only) will be presented at the Nurnberg Toy Fair next month. Unfortunately we couldn't get one of the best spots available in Hall 7A, but we managed to make our debut as a first-timer at the New Exhibitor Center in Hall 11.1 (stand NEC36). We welcome all of you to stop by and visit HongNor booth at the toy fair during Feb. 3rd to Feb. 7th.

HongNor going to Nurnberg. See you there!

Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
The new Jammin buggy will be present at The Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany runs from 3-7th Feb..
Hong Nor plans to announce their brand new 1/8th scale buggy along a number of other cars which may still only be in prototype form and under wraps...
Hong Nor is Jammin

No new cars? lol there's more cars now than ever. We figured it out, you can run a different car every day and it would take you almost a month to run them all lol
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

serpent buggy is just about 10 months old the new tray out we have had zero issue with it and the truggy will be out at the end of feb.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Tech Adept

seems like there are new cars that i have never heard about. But any news about a big brand coming up with a new buggy? im talking about the big 3, Losi, Team Associated or Mugen?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Mugen has been quietly making running changes to the MBX6T, and they have a new electric coming out. Additionally, there's a new chassis that's coming out.

losi... the 2.0 is still selling quite well, and it's quite a potent platform. I would hope that they release the EU version stateside in some form or another.

kyosho has a new TKI2 version of the MP9. Looks legit.

I'm sure they're all working on something...
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Ae has been testing new geometry for months... I've heard of a new Losi in the works. Mugen I doubt anything new for a while

Around here the "big" 3 are Hot Bodies, Losi and AE in a distant 3rd.

IMO the Hot Bodies is the best bang for the buck out there period.... every single hopup in the box for $340ish and is glued to the track, theyre by far the most popular car here
Old 01-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
Tech Adept

i have heard that HB is one of the best buggies out there and one of the less expensive out there in the market. Maybe 1 day ill try it and its good to hear that ae is on the works of something. Could the banner at their webpage mean something? As to what i can see, its going to be something but for 10th scale, or you never know, thehhy may surprise us with something new.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
Tech Champion

its a 1/10 4wd SC truck..... new buggy wont hit til probably mid year at the soonest
Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
its a 1/10 4wd SC truck..... new buggy wont hit til probably mid year at the soonest
thats what i was guessing, a 4wd.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Hong Nor is the manufacturer and no longer have any ties to Jammin so there is no jammin buggy , only Hong Nor
martin w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexortega2003 View Post
seems like there are new cars that i have never heard about. But any news about a big brand coming up with a new buggy? im talking about the big 3, Losi, Team Associated or Mugen?
Serpent has a new truggy coming out soon, as well as there buggy that's is still new. Durango also coming out with a truggy.What are you looking for? Not wanting to buy if a new car is gonna be out? I am waiting onhe Serpent truck to come out before I make my choose to switch over.
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #14
Tech Adept

Of all the big names, I would guess AE are the ones who NEED a new design.

The RC8B is a wide chassis car and a bit dated. It is however still a competitive vehicle, so minor tweaks may be enough for a little bit longer.

The issue for many of the brands is the cost of re-tooling and in these tough times, they probably wanna milk each model for all they are worth.

Agama, Durango, JQ and a few others have all come into the fray with competent packages, but nothing noticably better than the big boys current offerings. Sure, some will say they are miles better, but Losi, Mugen etc are still getting good results more often than not.
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
Of all the big names, I would guess AE are the ones who NEED a new design.

The RC8B is a wide chassis car and a bit dated. It is however still a competitive vehicle, so minor tweaks may be enough for a little bit longer.

The issue for many of the brands is the cost of re-tooling and in these tough times, they probably wanna milk each model for all they are worth.

Agama, Durango, JQ and a few others have all come into the fray with competent packages, but nothing noticably better than the big boys current offerings. Sure, some will say they are miles better, but Losi, Mugen etc are still getting good results more often than not.
These companies that are coming out now are just now touching Losi technology. My question is why do Losi or AE have to change anything. It will not be because the "other brands" are beating them.