R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
As you question on losi and mugen. No they wont be making a new ride im sure in at least 2 more years. Losi released the eu edition losi 2.0 and mugen is just releasing an mbx6e. If the companies were planning on releasing a new kit these wouldn't of been made im sure. But they are doing little changes to kits but most companies i dont see a new kit anytime soon. As for serpent, agama, durango, jq and hobao-hong nor-jammin... They just released new buggies and truggies to come from most of them.
Regarding Mugen- they tend to "quietly" update their kits, revising them as they go. Also, there's a new (longer) chassis out, which is similar to the new ECO chassis.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=token;8561816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post

lol. Im just saying that it took 4 years for the 1/8 scale industry to catch up to Losi. So all these new chassis will be 4 years behind when Losi comes out with new 8th scale. As far as performance and durability
durango has done more then catch up with losi , they have surpassed losi and dnx408 is the leading 1/8 buggy when it comes to innovation and design.

that said when losi releases a1/8 buggy im sure its going to be killer.
o doubt the dnx408 will be 4 years behind it though
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #33
Tech Prophet

how, about this new odonnell truggy its supposed to be completely diffrent than the old one im just wondering when its coming out if its in spring thats to late for me but im keeping a eye on it though.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There must be something going wrong at Losi. Drake is actually posting in the buggy thread now. My guess is the JQ and Durango are causing a big sales plunge for them.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #35
Tech Prophet

il, say this if my outdoor track doesnt have more than 1 person that shoes up regularly with mugens , serpent, hb, truggys than with losis and associated they have my support

samething with buggys.

now maybe that will change in 2011 outdoor season .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just my opinion but the way I see it some of the new designs don't appear to be any more ''technologicaly'' advancened than most of the current models, some just appear flashier and have been built up with so much hype its starting to be irratating. I uderstand that if bringing a new kit to the 1/8 market you need to try and be different in a market flooded with choices, but being different doesn't automatically make it better just different and there is nothing wrong with that. I believe that a good racer can take any of the so called older kits or a ''newer'' kit and win, the brands are all that close. Losi, Mugen, AE, even Kyosho seem to just be refining their kits and I think people mistake that for standing still. All those designs are outstanding performing vehicles that are evolving as time goes by. I am sure the newer brands such as Durango, JQ or Serpant will be doing the same as the others and refine their designs as time goes by. A company doesn't have to totally revamp their designs to stay competitive if the design is proven and is sound. A lot of people get caught up in the new car hype and want the latest great thing when what they already have is probably just as capable. But to each their own and if it makes you happy have a day with it, just remember just cause its flashy doesn't mean its faster.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

+1
kit is only a very small part of the equation.
swirlvike666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

out of all the posts in this thread I cant believe only one person has mentioned this did I miss something
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...kategoria=2302
The 2011 version of the XRAY's 808 is coming soon. With major improvements the new 808 brings higher performance, higher reliability and higher enjoyment.

2011 main news:

• New chassis
• New and improved handling
• New suspension geometry
• New improved weight balance
• New diff bulkheads
• New central drivetrain system
• New central drive shafts
• New pinion gears
• New diff ball-bearings
• New shock -rings
• New rear brace
• New front and rear alu suspension holders
• New composite eccentric bushings
• New suspension pins
• New high-downforce body
• New lightweight diff outdrives
• New graphite radio plate
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #39
Tech Elite

You have to give the new buggies advertisers credit for all the hype. It's worked for sales. As long as the big teams have top drivers things won't change much as long as they keep developing there products.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
You have to give the new buggies advertisers credit for all the hype. It's worked for sales. As long as the big teams have top drivers things won't change much as long as they keep developing there products.
team durango is a classic example of that
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #41
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericspainter View Post
this topic right here is wat has me wondering wat i want to buy.im getting back into racing and i belive im going to go back with the 8t 2.0 .mainly just b/c with the 1.0 i had really good luck with when i use to race few years back.but thats the only truggy i ever drove to.
I think hte best answer is run what you know. If you've been out of the hobby for a wile (like I have), I would suggest getting your feet wet with something you're familier with,other than taking a risk on somethig you're not comfortable with based on suggestion from others and or media hype. Another thing to consider, however, is what is supported at you local club. It does make it nice if they have parts on hand and is what several people are running locally.

Myself, I'm a kyosho guy. I ran the Inferno, MP5, 6, 7, and 7.5. I did dable with other cars in there like Mugan, and frankly they didn't suit my tastes. Not to say they're bad cars, just not for meh.

All that being said, as I get back into the hobby I'll be running an Xray XB8, but only becuase it is being geven to me. I will run this for a little big as I save up for the new MP9 TKi2.
Slayer337 is offline   Reply With Quote