R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

i wouldnt shop at ebay suport the small online r/c stores if you dont have a lhs which i dont .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmind View Post
Ask a question, get a answer. Thank you my friend. Even Cheaper then eBay Buy it Now's!
Best part is they're here in SoCal. Even with the cheapest shipping, you receive your items in one day.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to RockStar_199 Send a message via MSN to RockStar_199 Send a message via Yahoo to RockStar_199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
your local hobby shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
Exactly what I was going to say.
yes support your local hobby shops!!!

you really arent getting it cheaper online

BE SMART AND KICK THE CART!!!
J&T Bearing Co.
RC Pro TX10280
RockStar_199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Rockstar,

Don't get it cheaper anyway you say? It is possible if you look hard enough......

Back to the OP's question. First get a copy of the manual if you don't have one for the car/truck you are running. The Losi site has downloads for that. If nothing else at least get the exploaded parts view/list. Doing that will get you part numbers to look up or have for when you hit up the LHS to get them.

Now once at the LHS, if you are lucky they will have the parts you need on the wall. If that is the case, then you are good to go. The only issue might be price and that may change from shop to shop by a buck or two in many cases. If the parts are not on the wall for you to buy, the shop should be able to order what you need. If not, then you got some big problems. At the point where either the shop will have to order the parts you need or you go and do it, it's your call on that. If you choose to order your own parts going with Amain or Losi Parts House should have you covered. Depending on what parts you have to order, one or the other will have a better price, may not be much difference though. Last but not least is the trusty flea bay. If you know what you are looking for, you can find some real good deals but it might take a while to do that. So again it's you call. Hope you find what you need to keep on racing.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i wouldnt shop at ebay suport the small online r/c stores if you dont have a lhs which i dont .
Yeah but you can get really good deals. 8T 2.0 Chassis $129 LHS - $38 shipped Ebay. Yes - original LOSI Chassis, not Dragon. It sucks but saving money is saving money.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

and when your LHS closes, you'll know why.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
This is a very expensive hobby and any deals we can get so to stay racing, well...............
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
my nearest LHS is 30 min away and they dont even have 1/8 losi parts not 1/8 associated parts. They do have truggy and buggy tires and fuel but thats about it. I buy what i can from them but its not much since i dont drive a traxxas. So its really all internet shopping for me.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

I support my LHS when I can, we are only 3hrs from Horizon so it's a no-brainer for me most of the time..........I'll be honest though, they match the online prices so it works out.

for Losi parts online I shop here:

Losi Parts House
Amain Hobbies
Ebay
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
This is a very expensive hobby and any deals we can get so to stay racing, well...............

while i do agree but there is ways to cut cost with racing like being smoother on the throttle to save tires and other things.

it depends on what kind of racing you do if its just club racing theres ways to keep it cheaper if you race in big events i can see how that is expensive.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nickmind

Quote:
while i do agree but there is ways to cut cost with racing like being smoother on the throttle to save tires and other things.

it depends on what kind of racing you do if its just club racing theres ways to keep it cheaper if you race in big events i can see how that is expensive.
LOL, you have to be kidding me. You took the dude's post to literally, and that your complete to the ly wrong. You save money, by NOT spending it! You buy the tires and fuel to, well "USE!"

To everyone else. I would love to use LHS, but for me i can't. I practically drive by one going to and from work every day. But here is why i don't hardly ever buy from lhs. 80% of the time, they don't have the parts i need in stock. btw, its a pretty big hobby shop. The parts i need they CAN order. But for reals? Where do you think they order from? That's online. I have the internet too! And for the most part get the part for cheaper. Sometimes you can get it cheaper then their costs. Not to mention that the parts arrive that my door step, and not having to call the lhs to see if the part is there, and for me to go over to pick it up. Don't get me wrong I love going to lhs. Its our toy store, like when we were kids. But now I have kids, so I really don't have that much time.

So if they have the parts, and the cost is not more the 10% of what i can get online. Cool, but wait. Do you all know where i am? California, and have you seen the sales tax for California. 8.75% and for reals everyone, shipping is 90% of the time cheaper then sales tax for me. I even try to avoid by from Online store based from Cali. 8.75% adds up quickly in this hobby. My luck, losi parts house is here... DAM!

Someone here said something about, "so don't be surprised if they close shop". My answer to that is, be more competitively priced.

Anyways, thanks all for your online suggestions
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:

Dude this hobby is just ridiculous on the pocket book no matter what you race or fly......... The price is what keeps people away. If you race and want to stay at the top of your class, your gonna spend some money.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #28
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
Dude this hobby is just ridiculous on the pocket book no matter what you race or fly......... The price is what keeps people away. If you race and want to stay at the top of your class, your gonna spend some money.

dude, its not that bad compared to other hobbys you dont need to spend $120 on servos i run $98.00 servos on my truggy and never had problems with them and for tires i run them intill i have no grip or side grip.

yea, i know to stay on top of your class you need to spend it depends on what class you race in if its lets a sportsman buggy/truggy class if you keep the wheels on the ground and drive smooth and drive good thats all you need.

yea i spend some money but i see no need to spend like crazy if your just club racing.

of course i replace my bearings and change my diff oils and supension parts only when needed.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #29
Tech Prophet

Quote:
LOL, you have to be kidding me. You took the dude's post to literally, and that your complete to the ly wrong. You save money, by NOT spending it! You buy the tires and fuel to, well "USE!"

To everyone else. I would love to use LHS, but for me i can't. I practically drive by one going to and from work every day. But here is why i don't hardly ever buy from lhs. 80% of the time, they don't have the parts i need in stock. btw, its a pretty big hobby shop. The parts i need they CAN order. But for reals? Where do you think they order from? That's online. I have the internet too! And for the most part get the part for cheaper. Sometimes you can get it cheaper then their costs. Not to mention that the parts arrive that my door step, and not having to call the lhs to see if the part is there, and for me to go over to pick it up. Don't get me wrong I love going to lhs. Its our toy store, like when we were kids. But now I have kids, so I really don't have that much time.

So if they have the parts, and the cost is not more the 10% of what i can get online. Cool, but wait. Do you all know where i am? California, and have you seen the sales tax for California. 8.75% and for reals everyone, shipping is 90% of the time cheaper then sales tax for me. I even try to avoid by from Online store based from Cali. 8.75% adds up quickly in this hobby. My luck, losi parts house is here... DAM!

Someone here said something about, "so don't be surprised if they close shop". My answer to that is, be more competitively priced.

Anyways, thanks all for your online suggestions

ok

well of course i replace the bearings and get tires and fuel but i run my tires intill they have no grip not throw them away after 10 runs.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hello all,

Where is a good place to find and research parts for Losi 8ight models?

Thanks for your time and help,
Nick
www.overdriverc.com