Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative To Kal-Gard Degreaser?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
Your one of the few then... At least at the half a dozen tracks I race at... LMAO!!!
do you really think I care? I race around plenty of super fast guys at my hometrack. I have NEVER seen any of them use a hose on their rc car, tires yes, car..............no.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
do you really think I care? I race around plenty of super fast guys at my hometrack. I have NEVER seen any of them use a hose on their rc car, tires yes, car..............no.
i dont really use a hose i break the car down and use the sink it less work then taking it outside in the heat then drying it off and back inside
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I could care less if you care or not... I am just saying if it works for you then keep doing it. You have your way and I have mine, neither which is the wrong way as lond as the end result is the same.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
At this time I unable to get Kal Gard products locally anymore.

My 3 favorite products are De greaser, 30/30 and Prep N Shine.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with other products such as these that you can get a moto shop or a local hardware store.

Recently I had to go back to the old method of Simple Green (cleaning) WD-40 (bearings) Orange Pledge (shine + dust repellent). It just is not the same and does not do half as good of a job.

Any suggestion for any one of the mentioned products.

Thanks
I can drop ship to your door...PM if you have a ? and for price!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

that's fine.....everything I have learned has been from full ride Factory guys. I do it how they have showed me and not one of them(out of 3) ever mentioned a garden hose.....anyways.....KalGard was awesome stuff......are they out of business now?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

that's fine.....everything I have learned has been from full ride Factory guys. I do it how they have showed me and not one of them(out of 3) ever mentioned a garden hose.....anyways.....KalGard was awesome stuff......are they out of business now?
No they are not out of business... Being distributed now by Cold Fusion Fuels. Trevor let me know if you need KalGard products...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

I used it before and it worked good. I race with JR Mitch, Billy Easton, Jason Ruona, and a bunch of other fast guys and the way I clean my car is the same way they do. Everyone has their own way...even the fast guys. Good luck with everything...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

great news! I will be in touch for sure!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why don't you just order from them directly? And I think Alan @ the speed shop sells it as well. I knock off all the big stuff then grow it in the dishwasher. Then relube and done.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Im just glad to see it's still available, it's a great product.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I can drop ship to anyone. PM for great prices and shipping...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

If you got a air hose I don't see the big deal with useing the water hose. Im not familiar with all these other cleaners. But you don't use any water at all? Just 100% cleaner? And how do you rinse it? Sounds like ALOT of money in cleaner if your soaking and rinsing in 100% cleaner.. and the car wont get rusty after useing it? Seems like the after wash maintenance would be exactly the same. Just alot less chemical use rinsing with water.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPACEBOY
To replace prep n shine use Pledge. No foolin. It's the best stuff for a good shine. I use it on all my street and race bikes.
+1

Pledge and a toothbrush then an aircompressor works magic. I still breakdown my car after every race but use Pledge on plastics, chassis, etc. Just picked up an ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight and am using that with some 1:1 simple green/water for metal components/bearings.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Originally Posted by BigAlz
If you got a air hose I don't see the big deal with useing the water hose. Im not familiar with all these other cleaners. But you don't use any water at all? Just 100% cleaner? And how do you rinse it? Sounds like ALOT of money in cleaner if your soaking and rinsing in 100% cleaner.. and the car wont get rusty after useing it? Seems like the after wash maintenance would be exactly the same. Just alot less chemical use rinsing with water.
using kal-gard 30-30 on metal peices after cleaning actually prevents rust issues
Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Simple green use a tooth brush hit with air then pledge done. Works great on LIDS 2 give it a whirl trust me.

Also when you hit with pledge sit in the sun for a few it works even better.

Track day the dust comes off easy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.