Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are different cars made?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know for a fact that 80% of the xray xt8 is cross compatable with the mugen mbx5t....
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hustler777
i know for a fact that 80% of the xray xt8 is cross compatable with the mugen mbx5t....
Could say the same about the Xray RX8 and Mugen MRX4. Or the NT1 and MTX4. But they still are NOT made in the same plant.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

never said they were....
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I honestly do not believe (my opinion) that xray drivetrain is made in slovakia. It is too similar to other brands.
definitly your opinion, I bought a pinion gear for my 808, that package says made in slovakia.

this is on xray website. http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...891a67bd6320e4

They have some serious ( 150 000 €) machine tool, I guess that enought to make drivetrain
Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This thread makes me laugh, a little.... Well maybe not a little, but a lot.

Manufacturing as a whole and specifically outsourcing is a touchy subject that no company, RC related or not, is really going to go out a divulge upon. Taiwan is pretty much the epicenter for RC manufacturing, with china a distant second.

Quality wise-- Japan, Europe and America/Canada are about equivalent in terms of quality. Taiwan is a distant 2nd and China is a centuries away 3rd.

Here's a quick reference for anyone that really gives a s***.

I have produced parts for full sized motorsports applications. When I was first getting in the business, I got quotes from all over the world and was a bit shocked at the pricing. Below is an example of what it would cost me for a small production run on a medium sized suspension piece. Not a whole component, just a piece of the component.

America: $900/per piece
China: $100/per piece (+ Import/Export)
Malaysia: $400/per piece (+ Import/Export)
Europe (Germany, IIRC): $1050/per piece (+ Import/Export)

Obviously, America and Europe were expensive for a reason. They could provide me with spec'd aluminum, could hold super tight tolerances and produced quality pieces. They even went out of the way to clarify dimensions and tolerances, correcting me on one or two fitments as well.

Malaysia was better than China for sure, but didn't provide much support, used older CNC machines and had trouble securing spec'd aluminum. China, well lets just say the pieces were only going to be "kind of" like what I designed. A company I dealt with even had the pleasure of dealing with China's shady business practices. Engineer spec'd a 7075-T651 aluminum... Well come to find out (after the pieces failed and were sent to a metallurgist) it wasn't even graded aluminum.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I honestly do not believe (my opinion) that xray drivetrain is made in slovakia. It is too similar to other brands.
hudy/xray has been designing and making parts for other brands for quite a long time.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

China and Taiwan are really great and having fun, last week i was at a factory in China where they made Iphone4 and 5 with Samsung parts!

The only thing Apple is good at is there marketing strategy but bottom line is that even the Iphone is a phone like all the other chinese/taiwan stuff.

And the Samsung makes a Galaxy and Apple start to complain, very funny all.

Regards
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Well then, it is quite possible that some of the Asians are getting their drivetrain parts from Slovakia then. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

As long as it is as durable as everyone else and has as tight of tolerances as everyone else, I don't care where it is made or who it is made by.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I totally agree with TC5 man. Obama took over a 3 trillion-dollar surplus from Clinton and spent it in 9 months. Obama spend 21 trillion on the war in Iraq to capture Mr. Husain because his father wanted him dead due to how he re-appropriates his oil sales, instead how he treated his countrymen. ..lol
(it’s funny how everyone wants to blame the current president, but forget about the past dumbass)
Let’s be honest, it didn’t matter who won the presidential race the country has be in a downward spiral since Bush was in office.
And the bill to save the banks was passed by congress not the president ….. wow

And let’s not talk about war crimes. America put Husain on trail for the exact same thing Bush did, Killing his citizens for no apparent reason. .AKA Iraq and Afghanistan wars looking for the still unfound WMD.

Ok I'm done just my $0.02....lol I LOVE THIS SITE.....

COME ON GUYS WHERE JUST PLAYING WITH TOYS CARS

Last edited by offroad dude; 09-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I totally agree with TC5 man. Obama took over a 3 trillion-dollars surplus from Clinton and spent it in 9 months. Obama spend 21 trillion on the war in Iraq to capture Mr. Husain because his father wanted him dead due to how he re-appropriates his oil sale, instead how he treated his countrymen. ..lol
(it’s funny how everyone wants to blame the current president, but forget about the past dumbass)
Let’s be honest, it didn’t matter who won the presidential race the country has be in a downward spiral since Bush was in office.
And the bill to save the banks was passed by congress not the president ….. wow

And let’s not talk about war crimes. America put Husain on trail for the exact same thing Bush did, Killing his citizens for no apparent reason. .AKA Iraq and Afghanistan wars looking for the still unfound WMD.

Ok I'm done just my $0.02....lol I LOVE THIS SITE.....

COME ON GUYS WHERE JUST PLAYING WITH TOYS CARS

Offroad dude- you might be one of the smartest people i know!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

We all know Mugen is a japanese company but how much of its parts are made in Taiwan?
If they are doing parts for the likes of Mugen then they are making a good job of it (unless they are molding the front arms) jk I don't have a problem with front arms on my 6T but seen a few broken ones, the plastic is a very hard rigid type and obviously molded at high temps, gas seems to get trapped within the plastic so looking at a broken one you see small air pockets, just my observation.

But back to the topic, we have a rough idea were most brands are made but one i'm not sure about is Durango? it was designed and tested in Europe but who manufactures it.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by curacing2
But back to the topic, we have a rough idea were most brands are made but one i'm not sure about is Durango? it was designed and tested in Europe but who manufactures it.
Kingstar in Tawain manufactures TD designed products.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't care where the damn thing is made as long as lets me finish races in a decent position and not taking an arm/leg for it.

As for the economy, there is nothing anyone can do at this point, but slow the process to the final crash. We are taxed to death in the USA, making it impossible to maintain a manufacturing base in competition with China. Look at what happened to Gibson Guitar. They are basically being harassed by the govt to move manufacturing to an Asian country and/or because of political affiliation.

i just took a glance at what I have on my table here... almost everything is made in China/Taiwan. Hey, what do you expect in a age where even Toyota engines are being made in China?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This thread is hilarious. Favourite part is the bit about communism. Let me just clarify really quickly for some of you. Communism = very far to the left of the political spectrum. Dictatorship = EXTREME right wing. Now, a lot of communist leaders have gone sour as soon as they were in power, so I can understand your confusion to some extent. And I understand why people are so afraid of the C word, what with the whole Red Scare and all that.

I'm actually really surprised how defensive people are when the concept of communism comes up. Especially considering the obvious failure of conservatism...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bata
Hi guy's, i am sorry to say you are really dreaming if you think that they are making molds, etc.. in Japan

Kinstar is proud to make molds, parts, etc.. for big company's like Kyosho, Hpi, Axial, etc.. look at they're website and wake up!

w w w.ksracing.tw/CooperationKS.html

Regards
All the Kyosho race bred stuff is molded in Japan. The Spec A was even assembled there..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.