Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #91
am
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanmathews View Post
Ever even heard of a sweatshop???
Long live America were we are not forced to make shitty products
Are you brainwashed? :-) LOL. You have not made one real car yet that actually is as good as the japan or european made car! Hey, when i think of it, did not Chevrolet buy Kia or something... LOL

Maybe you are not forced, but you do make shitty products.

I am sorry, but i had to say this. Alot of American products is just not up to par, are they better than china, yes, but better than Japan or Europe, well, i have to say no.
am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #92
Tech Regular

So I might have missed it but where was Mugen made? I thought they manufactured in Japan?
ratjayfala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 AM   #93
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Don't mix China and Japan. The wealth in Japan is as good as Europe and north america.
I'm lost on this statement.

China is massively wealthy, but the distribution of the wealth is somewhat unbalanced.

Having bought fasteners (a technical product that requires various processeses to get it right) with these countries for 20 years I'll post my observations.

Japan - Excellent quality, but slow turn around and expensive.

Taiwan - Quicker turn around and very high quality. They manufacture many fasteners for Aerospace and Automotive industries, so their technical no how is excellent.

China - The "No problem" country. Unfortunately "No problem" often leads to a problem!! Quick turn around, but shoddy quality control and high product defect quantities. Cheap prices (usually up to 20-25% cheaper than Taiwan) do not hide the fact that the Chinese are good at making plastic gnomes for your garden, but not so good on the technical front.
Getting much better than before, but the prices are rising to within a few % of the Taiwanese.

Taiwan offers the best value for money currently IMHO.
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #94
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
Pay peanuts, get monkeys... As simple as that...

If you willing to pay more you can definitely get better quality products. China has some of the latest and most advance machinery in mold design and plastic injection...
Now that I stopped laughing, have you ever seen the latest Chinese injection molding machines and their mold making technology! If you have and are impressed you need to take a trip to Husky or maybe Germany and look at some real tech. No doubt the Chinese will try to copy their latest machines, but like you said you get what you pay for, you want cheap crap, buy Chinese.
jpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratjayfala View Post
So I might have missed it but where was Mugen made? I thought they manufactured in Japan?
Yes, they are .
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpas View Post
Now that I stopped laughing, have you ever seen the latest Chinese injection molding machines and their mold making technology! If you have and are impressed you need to take a trip to Husky or maybe Germany and look at some real tech. No doubt the Chinese will try to copy their latest machines, but like you said you get what you pay for, you want cheap crap, buy Chinese.
We should all wirte into How Its Made and have them do a video
Snowbum32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #97
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpas View Post
FYI, the Chinese are using the latest injection molding machines from state side, Germany, Switzerland etc...

You sure the Chinese are not using Husky injection molding machines but their own cheap knockoffs?

http://www.husky.ca/release.aspx?id=4012

http://www.husky.ca/release.aspx?id=3714

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
as long as the product is good & works I don't care where it was made... it can be made Dominican Republic for what i care!., if it works and is durable then is good..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
I'm lost on this statement.

China is massively wealthy, but the distribution of the wealth is somewhat unbalanced.

Having bought fasteners (a technical product that requires various processeses to get it right) with these countries for 20 years I'll post my observations.

Japan - Excellent quality, but slow turn around and expensive.

Taiwan - Quicker turn around and very high quality. They manufacture many fasteners for Aerospace and Automotive industries, so their technical no how is excellent.

China - The "No problem" country. Unfortunately "No problem" often leads to a problem!! Quick turn around, but shoddy quality control and high product defect quantities. Cheap prices (usually up to 20-25% cheaper than Taiwan) do not hide the fact that the Chinese are good at making plastic gnomes for your garden, but not so good on the technical front.
Getting much better than before, but the prices are rising to within a few % of the Taiwanese.

Taiwan offers the best value for money currently IMHO.
I'm that the people in Japan have a luxury life like the people in Europe, Australia and the USA. The life standards are not the same as in china. The threadstarter doesn't want to buy a car from china because a lot are working there 16h a day and they are still poor. The ppl in Japan have a normal life like we have.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #99
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
I'm that the people in Japan have a luxury life like the people in Europe, Australia and the USA. The life standards are not the same as in china. The threadstarter doesn't want to buy a car from china because a lot are working there 16h a day and they are still poor. The ppl in Japan have a normal life like we have.
I live in England and work the best part of 16hrs a day!!!

It boils down to work ethics. the Chinese live to work and serve as do many of the non westernised cultures.
Unfortunately I think the west has got fat off the land and has got lazy. This is why we are starving our industries to death with over complicated health and safety, work shy government policies designed to tax the crap out of everything we touch whilst taking hope massive saleries for doing the bare minimum.

Sorry for the rant. It makes no sense to not buy Chinese because of their labour conditions. I'm sure most would prefer to work long hours and in poor conditions to feed their kids, than starve because there is no work to be had.

If people want to target workers rights, the best way to do it is to get the people who buy these goods to ensure fair working practices.
We have bought from China, and the factories have always been safe, modern and efficient. The staff have always looked clean and fed and they are not employing children.

It is simply not the case that all chinese factories are sweat shops, they are a massively rich economy. Like India, there is a growing community of wealth that many fail to see.

I'm sure I've heard of people living off road kill and sleeping in trailers in the US, it doesn't mean that the whole of the country is like that.
Flipfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #100
Tech Elite

I guess I am confused. I thought that Taiwan was to China what Hawaii is to the US.

I know that Caster Asia is out of Taiwan so we must be good according to this thread.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #101
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
I guess I am confused. I thought that Taiwan was to China what Hawaii is to the US.
You're on the internet, look it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan

Basically it depends on who you talk to. When the communists took over mainland China, the ROC (more or less democratic) fled to the island of Taiwan and set up government there. China claims Taiwan as theirs but do not rule it. So if you ask a Chinese official, he will say Taiwan is China. Ask most anyone else, it is not.

Of course, before then end of WWII it was actually Japanese territory.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Kyosho subassemblies at least used to be made in Taiwan, back with the 777. I dont know about the MP9.

Odonnel- made by nanda in China.
Zcar- Made by nanda in China.
Hong Nor/Jammin - made in china and Taiwan.
Agama- made in Taiwan
Durango - made in Taiwan
Serpent - made in China (I believe this is another Nanda design).
Losi - Made in Taiwan
Xray - Made in Slovakia
Mugen - "Made in Japan" - not sure where these subassemblies are made now, but Caster used to make them in Taiwan. Hence, the similarities between the MBX5 and the Caster designs.
New RB Buggy- Made in Taiwan
Sworks buggy - Made in Taiwan
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wasn't it the Iphone factory in China that gave everybody a pay raise because there were too many suicides at the factory, people were jumping off the roof of the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULxlnQx8Wo
one8updragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #104
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

keep in mind that Made in XXX country doesnt mean the parts that makeup that assembly (or product) dont necessarily come from the same country. Lets use Toyota as an example. They have two different manufacturing subsidiaries for the Tundra engine. One is Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, Inc. (Located in San Antonio, TX) and one is Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama, Inc. (Located in Huntsville, AL ).

Both of those facilities manufacture engines and parts for the tundra line of pickup. As you probably know, Tundras are stamped with "MADE IN THE USA." However, what many people dont realize is that the parts that they assemble these products from are made in Japan. GM, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler do this as well, so dont be fooled. The only truely "american made" vehicle on the market right now, is the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Everything in the vehicle from the sheetmetal, to the stitching in the interior is sourced stateside.

The same goes for just about any manufacturing industry. Look at the harley (an american icon) V-Rod. It has a porsche engine in it. Engines are made here in the states, but porsche designed it and makes many of the parts.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #105
Tech Regular

sooon it will all be put togther over there and shipped over .. next 10-15yrs ..

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote