Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are different cars made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ganymede
Nope, the Chinese have snapped up many natural resources around the world because of the cheap USD policy by the US government...

The Chinese are furious snapping up iron ore in Australia and natural gas around the world...
+1 right there , not to mention the amount of DEBT of the usa that china owns.. owning sumones debt is power!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panman9
well they have a factory in usa, what do they make there?
A warehouse is not a factory. Check out their "careers" section. They are hiring for all kinds of positions but no machinists or operators or manufacturing jobs. Just marketers, CDL drivers, engineers, IT, etc.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by sly6t
+1 right there , not to mention the amount of DEBT of the usa that china owns.. owning sumones debt is power!

im trying not to place blame but we can blame obama for that one .
Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burgerchow
OK, so nothing is made in the good ol U.S.A anymore?
Man, what did I start? Doesn't matter where the product is made, as long as the quality control is there. If it means that everybody can afford a Plasma TV for under $500, I'm all for it.
I've been to China many times over the last 20 years, and the growth and the modernization is exponential year to year. The city of Beijing alone has 1000 new car registrations every day. The " communist" party is just a name now. There aren't any real communist ideologies practiced anymore ( well , maybe freedom of speech ) but I don't care how liberal one's beliefs are, in order to keep peace and order in a country of 1.2 billion people, you've got to have some kind of strong authoritarian government. In China, the average worker in the factory might only make 2000 yuan a month ( about $400 usd ) but the cost of living is pretty low. About the same as a north american worker making $2000 usd a month. Most people now have a pretty good life.
As for quality of products, the quality is great for all big name brand manufacturing. Even BMW cars have a plant in China . Nothing wrong with those cars rolling off the assembly line, cause they have great quality control.
Do you think the kyosho mp9 is 2 times the car of an associated rc8e? Sure it might come with some extra hopups, but at twice the price? They're charging for the quality control, cause you know that when you put their kits together, they will assemble perfectly and you won't be having to take out the dremel..
Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure this thread means you should buy an Xray, I did, but not because it was made somewhere outside of china. It's just the best car around, and the 2011 spec is soon to come out. Jump on that!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I'm pretty sure this thread means you should buy an Xray, I did, but not because it was made somewhere outside of china. It's just the best car around, and the 2011 spec is soon to come out. Jump on that!

Lol! +1 on that!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im trying not to place blame but we can blame obama for that one .
The current predicaments faced by America didn't just happen overnight when Bush stepped down and Obama take up the Presidency. Putting the blame on a single person because of his unpopular policies is childish.

If we don't have made in China RC cars and engines, how many of us can afford this hobby running nothing but Italian mills and European chassis. But then, will the blame shift to the EU instead of China?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
some little birdie told me otherwise yesterday but i am not sure i buy it just yet , does anybody know FOR FACT where Kyosho cars are made? past and present
Some are made in Taiwan by Kingstar:

http://www.ksracing.tw/
Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by BSW47S; 01-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ganymede
The current predicaments faced by America didn't just happen overnight when Bush stepped down and Obama take up the Presidency. Putting the blame on a single person because of his unpopular policies is childish.

If we don't have made in China RC cars and engines, how many of us can afford this hobby running nothing but Italian mills and European chassis. But then, will the blame shift to the EU instead of China?

ok, and you think obama and his libral friends dint make the debt way higher than bush did hello how have you looked at the debt get your head out of the sand.

the debt was never that high from bush or the past pres.

i dont why anybody would defend obama his policys are way worse.

anyways yea i get what your saying espially right now having stuff cheaper in this ecomony does help people get into the racing scene.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
ok, and you think obama and his libral friends dint make the debt way higher than bush did hello how have you looked at the debt get your head out of the sand.

the debt was never that high from bush or the past pres.

i dont why anybody would defend obama his policys are way worse.

anyways yea i get what your saying espially right now having stuff cheaper in this ecomony does help people get into the racing scene.
Debt is accumulative, meaning it accumulate year on year and 1+1 = 2...

Bush's debt does not disappear once he pass his Presidency to Obama...

To make it simpler, Bush's debt + Obama's debt >> Bush's debt
Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
D8
Tech Master

as long as the product is good & works I don't care where it was made... it can be made in Dominican Republic for what i care!., if it works and is durable then is good..

Last edited by D8; 01-24-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D8
as long as the product is good & works I don't care where it was made... it can be made Dominican Republic for what i care!., if it works and is durable then is good..
To some here, as long as it is not made in china then it is ok, regardless it works or otherwise...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Behold the largest running quote in history!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by burgerchow
OK, so nothing is made in the good ol U.S.A anymore?
Soon grasshopper early '12 there will be 100% american made racing engines

Originally Posted by wingracer
Not much. Lot's of bodies, proline, protoform, parma, etc.

I hear rumors of an all US motor in the pipeline. We'll see.

Originally Posted by jonski
AKA is USA too

I would say the only thing you can do in this hobby is support a US based company. Companies like Losi, AE, O'donnell are US based.
All mentioned are made in china/taiwan but a few AKA products (not all)

Originally Posted by pedrinho
RB's are made in france, and aka is from kyosho,and it means red,i do't think they are made i us
Some RB engines are made in taiwan

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
RB is not made in France. It's a company in France only. RB has stuff made in Italy and China.

Originally Posted by dragracechief
I could be wrong but I don't believe AKA is from Kyosho, and they claim at least they are US made.
some items are, not all

Originally Posted by bgbelden
I believe Odonnell is 100% American. I'm anti China products also but more on the everyday stuff like shoes and clothes and toys for my grandson.
odonnell is made in china and taiwan

Originally Posted by houston
anybody?
your suspicions serve you well young ninja, the force is strong in this one

Originally Posted by jonski
It's getting to the point where there is no more USA companies anyway. In this hobby, it's a losing battle. When I started racing AE, Losi, Tekin and Novak were all made in USA. I doubt any of those still are. It's nice to see that Pro-Line and AKA are, but I don't think we will see anymore. I don't know if it's better or worse to associate with an American who sends work overseas or to just buy it from there. If you don't want to buy things made in China/Japan, it won't be very fun rolling around a set of tires

On a side note, my Pit Pals are made here with aluminum that's made here, but welded with a Lincoln welder that is probably made in mexico
Pl and AKA make most of their products here but alot of things are made in china

Originally Posted by jpas
Yes, I go monthly. I have a plant there, and if I have a choice I buy from anywhere but CHINA. There products are CRAP, they ALWAYS find ways to cut corners and make a few cents more.

Taiwan is leaps and bounds ahead China, but I would still prefer to buy from America, Canada, Mexico, EU......

Just look at the box your kit came in, AE is from China, LOSI, Durango and others are from Taiwan. Put these parts beside Xray parts and you instantly see the difference in quality of the materials and the production processes.

MIP is in California, how does he make drive shafts that sell for the same price as others made in Asia?
24hr swiss manufacturing

Originally Posted by MadRacer
Kyosho is made in Japan.

At least all their Top Line Kits are. Not sure about the RTR's though.

I bought a MP6 RTR thinking it will be good as it was the same componets as the MP6 Comp. Boy was i wrong . Chassis bent with in the first decent jump i did. The diff gears were made of white metal only and only two star gears not four, The ring and pinion was white metal as well. Wore out so quick with the whizzy GS 21 motor that which did not have a A,B,C liner. .

But now i have a MP9 TKI 1 and just love it.

PRO LINE header cards say designed in U.S.A made in China.

Are Losi still being made in U.S.A. Being Horizion i should think not.??????
losi cars and parts are made in taiwan, the factory that manufactures theyre engines would surprise many

Originally Posted by fallguy
Is mugen made in Japan?

if you want to be anti china... it might be hard to do in his hobby
some parts are

Originally Posted by wingracer
Or Kyosho or one of the rare over here Italian brands.
K has parts made in china/taiwan

traxxas is made in USA
Sorry you are badly mistaken, nothing is made here but possible some packaging. Everything is made in china

well they have a factory in usa, what do they make there?
nothing, they answer phones and store product. Its not a factory
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
nothing, they answer phones and store product. Its not a factory
Are you sure their call center is not in India?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.