Community
Wiki Posts
Search

duratrax stadium truck wont move

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default duratrax stadium truck wont move

hello im new to this rc world i picked up this car which is a duratrax stadium truck but when i got it the truck starts fine revs but does not move the metal gear spins and the big plastic gear spins but the car will either not move or will move slowly after a while of mid range gas also when i pick the truck up the wheels spin fine, this truck is also RWD. when i roll it across the floor both gear spin fine.and i checked the drive cups screws and they are tight any ideas?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Sounds like one of the drive pins is missing. Take off the rear wheels and see.

Last edited by R/C Lidz; 01-23-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hatrecide
hello im new to this rc world i picked up this car which is a duratrax stadium truck but when i got it the truck starts fine revs but does not move the metal gear spins and the big plastic gear spins but the car will either not move or will move slowly after a while of mid range gas also when i pick the truck up the wheels spin fine, this truck is also RWD. when i roll it across the floor both gear spin fine.and i checked the drive cups screws and they are tight any ideas?
im not sure about how the duratrax is clutched, it could be simple.... is there a nut on that big plastic grear? if so....tighten it up...bet thats the slipper clutch.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

looks like to me that the drive pins are fine. i tried tightening the nut on the big gear and nothing. when i spin the big gear with my hand while its on the ground it spins freely trying to grab a little. but when i spin it in reverse it grabs and the car wants to move back ward dont know if this is correct. same when i spin the wheels they grab and the gear spins but will let go and spin freely
Old 01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hatrecide
looks like to me that the drive pins are fine. i tried tightening the nut on the big gear and nothing. when i spin the big gear with my hand while its on the ground it spins freely trying to grab a little. but when i spin it in reverse it grabs and the car wants to move back ward dont know if this is correct. same when i spin the wheels they grab and the gear spins but will let go and spin freely
try this...grab that gear with ur hand and try to push that truck. see if that nut is moveing while the gear is stopped... if so your slipping is happening there.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

the duratrax nitro evader was always blowing tranny gears and alxe pins. Take off bolth the rear wheels and inspect the pins that the wheels go on. If those are intack check the drive shafts. they also blow alot. right on the inside of the hub there is a bell that has a pin in it. that breaks alot to. Lastly your gears in your tranny could also be stripped. follow my checklist and you will find it.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

I've got a Duratrax truck and it sounds like your describing a really loose slipper clutch Just tighten the nut on the really big plastic gear a 1/2-turn at a time until you get the behavior you want. i tend to run mine a little on the tight side.