R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #46
D8
Tech Master
 
D8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East from ATL,GA
Posts: 1,285
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I havent seen another car come with a 2 piece engine mount system. That's always an aftermarket upgrade..
what? the Hot Bodies D8 comes with a great engine mount!...

the Intech buggy has an excellent one piece..
__________________
Main Sponsor- My Wallet....
Mugen MBX7/Werks B5/M11
GS CLX PRO/Werks B2/M11
Sidewiinder Fuel

Last edited by D8; 02-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #47
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

try lowering your rear diff and see what happens
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,843
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
try lowering your rear diff and see what happens
Yeah I was thinking about doing that. Ryan was saying to start with 10-10-5 but I really believe that suits his driving style only....lol
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #49
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
Yeah I was thinking about doing that. Ryan was saying to start with 10-10-5 but I really believe that suits his driving style only....lol
i have found for my driving i use a lower rear diff oil than most.. i dont ever go higher than 2... but this is not with a DNX... but your description is on par with the problems i have ... and i correct it with a lower rear diff oil.. so try going 3000... and then 2.. and see if that helps
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,843
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
i have found for my driving i use a lower rear diff oil than most.. i dont ever go higher than 2... but this is not with a DNX... but your description is on par with the problems i have ... and i correct it with a lower rear diff oil.. so try going 3000... and then 2.. and see if that helps
On most of the previous car I had, I always use to run 5-5-3
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
On most of the previous car I had, I always use to run 5-5-3
yeah i run 3-5-2 or 1in the rear
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
offroad dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,843
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
yeah i run 3-5-2 or 1in the rear
Wow!!!! that is low
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #53
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
Wow!!!! that is low
yeah... i know... but is what works for me
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #54
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
what? the Hot Bodies D8 comes with a great engine mount!...
Ok settle down. I try to stay clear of hb. Just my own personal preference.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #55
Tech Champion
 
FastPete's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

D8 is the only buggy I ever owned. Thinking of selling it for a 811. Thoughts?

Best place price wise to get one?

Thanks
__________________
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #56
Tech Elite
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,796
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I'd take the 811 over the 408 any day.

Just look at the pedigree Serpent has, any issues will be resolved. I would not be concerned with it.

I own and 811 and race it frequently. It has been extremely durable for me (moreso than my XRay or previous Mugen). I've only worn out bearings, but not any faster than any other bearings. Nothing to be alarmed about really.

As for the battery tray issue, there is an option tray so you have 2 choices as to how you wish to set up your servos. I'm still using the original one without any issues.

Overall I could not be happier with it. It's the most responsive and best handling buggy I've ever driven and very much suits my driving style.
heavyjeffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #57
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,414
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
I'd take the 811 over the 408 any day.

Just look at the pedigree Serpent has, any issues will be resolved. I would not be concerned with it.

I own and 811 and race it frequently. It has been extremely durable for me (moreso than my XRay or previous Mugen). I've only worn out bearings, but not any faster than any other bearings. Nothing to be alarmed about really.

As for the battery tray issue, there is an option tray so you have 2 choices as to how you wish to set up your servos. I'm still using the original one without any issues.

Overall I could not be happier with it. It's the most responsive and best handling buggy I've ever driven and very much suits my driving style.
Lots of people are saying that. I am glad I just picked up a used one. Wanna see how it drives. Im feeling really good with my Xray right now though especially with the truggy pinion kyosho driveshaft combo, so I will see.
__________________
Retired - 9.5Pro -> Jammin X1 -> Jammin X2 -> AE RC8B -> Serpent S811 Cobra -> Hotbodies D8 -> 2010 XB808 -> 2011 XB808 -> 2012 XB9 // 2012 XB9-E, Current Vehicles -> 2013 XB9 // Converted 2013 XB9E
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #58
Tech Champion
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Im really impresses with the 811 and its adjustable and durability. Ive been a 8ight 2.0 guy but the 811 seems to have a better edge. The kits sits planted once you hold the kit and when it sits you know it can be pushed. I'm hoping the parts prices drop thou OMG they are high maybe they added titanium in the plastic mix
__________________
TEAM: SERPENT AMERICA DRIVER -ADVANTAGE RACING PRODUCTS-COMPETITION HEAT INC - HOBBYPRO, VPPRO - BCE-
Serpent: 811N, 811T, 811E
bigjayjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net