R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default If you where me?

I am getting back in the hobbie would u buy the losi rtr and up grade the servos since its a pretty good deal and u get pretty good equipment or just start with a pro kit and start from there.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
jbright33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: shamokin pa
Posts: 1,348
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33
Default

if your gonna be serious about racing i would go with a kit
__________________
JESSE BRIGHT
jbright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Yeah im not sure how series i will get this time before i was full blown into it.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to RockStar_199 Send a message via MSN to RockStar_199 Send a message via Yahoo to RockStar_199
Default

your on the right track then. both the rtrs from losi are great. just make sure you get help from the local hobby shop with first start and break in {support your local hobby shops please or at least give them a chance before you buy online } i would replace the servos and the rx battery pack 1st thing. the reason i say to get help on 1st start is we have had many people burn up the starter boxes just from not taking time.

the rtrs are very good and can compete straight from the box.....good luck
__________________
Mark C. Math
Kyosho TKI4
Triton Engines: L4 2108
J&T Bearing Co.
RC Pro TX10280
RockStar_199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Yeah i have owned one before and did real good with it and i used the starter box for a while and the rx battery with no problems.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,121
Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to RockStar_199 Send a message via MSN to RockStar_199 Send a message via Yahoo to RockStar_199
Default

the reciever battery pack that comes with the rtr isnt very good and i have seen problems straight outa the box
__________________
Mark C. Math
Kyosho TKI4
Triton Engines: L4 2108
J&T Bearing Co.
RC Pro TX10280
RockStar_199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

For what you get in the Losi RTR, it is hard to not think about it. If the car suited you before it will probably still suit you very well. All that said the Losi is getting a bit dated and there have been 3-4 new companies release cars this last year, not too mention the other cars that have come out since then.
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
For what you get in the Losi RTR, it is hard to not think about it. If the car suited you before it will probably still suit you very well. All that said the Losi is getting a bit dated and there have been 3-4 new companies release cars this last year, not too mention the other cars that have come out since then.
Yeah my last cars was a Hb d8 and d8t with with werks b5s i was thinking of the new hara edition buggy but by time i bought everthing it would be up there in price range thats why i was considering the 2.0 rtr again im not a big losi fan but its really hard to beat for the price and if i new i was going to get into it like i was before i would just buy everthing from scracth i was just seeing what people suggestions would be.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

If you were hooked you will be hooked again! Get a kit and buy "good equipment" you want, not what a rtr comes with. Seems to me as you looking to get the car and radio since thats all that is prety nice with losi rtr and start box. All that can be bought though.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Keep an eye in the for sale section. You can get a kit with 3-4 tanks on it for 30% less than new, not even chassis scratches. The economy is so bad people are dumping brand new stuff at pennies on the dollar. As someone who has raced before you should know that RTR stuff is always going to be lacking in some very important areas. I'd bet you can get top quality racing gear with very little time on it for the same if not less than the Losi RTR.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
NitroXray80809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 3,249
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Keep an eye in the for sale section. You can get a kit with 3-4 tanks on it for 30% less than new, not even chassis scratches. The economy is so bad people are dumping brand new stuff at pennies on the dollar. As someone who has raced before you should know that RTR stuff is always going to be lacking in some very important areas. I'd bet you can get top quality racing gear with very little time on it for the same if not less than the Losi RTR.
Buy a new engine and get rest in for sale sections. The kits are selling as seasons are over and coming. Same with equipment, right now you can buy and buy happily. Some deals you can walk away with a like new car for cheap because the fact is once its built, started, or had equipment mounted(basically no in sealed box) its used.
__________________
Xray XB4 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Hobbywing | SpeedPassion | JC |

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
awdcameolsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Yeah my last cars was a Hb d8 and d8t with with werks b5s i was thinking of the new hara edition buggy but by time i bought everthing it would be up there in price range thats why i was considering the 2.0 rtr again im not a big losi fan but its really hard to beat for the price and if i new i was going to get into it like i was before i would just buy everthing from scracth i was just seeing what people suggestions would be.
If you want to buy your old car back I only drove it once. I am going to be posting it up for sale here in the next couple of days. I also will be posting up motors and servos as well.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
Tech Addict
 
hdcruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pittsburg Ca.
Posts: 732
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
the reciever battery pack that comes with the rtr isnt very good and i have seen problems straight outa the box
Nothing wrong with the receiver packs. I still have the first one that came with my rtr over a year and a half ago. They will hold a charge of serious racing for about 30 mins. Using JR 9100t servos. I have three of them that I use as practice packs and then run a 1600 or 1700 mah for racing.
__________________
Ofna Late Model-Losi 350-Losi RE 10-Hobbico CS170s
Coldfusion Fuel
Henchman Racing
hdcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
DPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where the fast guys are
Posts: 3,528
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdcameolsx View Post
If you want to buy your old car back I only drove it once. I am going to be posting it up for sale here in the next couple of days. I also will be posting up motors and servos as well.
I will send u a pm.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you were to build an extremely fast car from scratch you would..... austinitsua Electric On-Road 46 09-07-2009 02:20 AM
If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be? DerekB Electric On-Road 113 07-18-2005 05:36 AM
Could you teach me how to cheat at TCS race ? asw7576 Electric On-Road 44 09-24-2004 11:56 PM
If you Knock your RC into another RC Uthaya Malaysian R/C Racers 112 02-26-2004 06:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:16 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net