R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default If you where me?

I am getting back in the hobbie would u buy the losi rtr and up grade the servos since its a pretty good deal and u get pretty good equipment or just start with a pro kit and start from there.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33

if your gonna be serious about racing i would go with a kit
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Yeah im not sure how series i will get this time before i was full blown into it.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to RockStar_199 Send a message via MSN to RockStar_199 Send a message via Yahoo to RockStar_199

your on the right track then. both the rtrs from losi are great. just make sure you get help from the local hobby shop with first start and break in {support your local hobby shops please or at least give them a chance before you buy online } i would replace the servos and the rx battery pack 1st thing. the reason i say to get help on 1st start is we have had many people burn up the starter boxes just from not taking time.

the rtrs are very good and can compete straight from the box.....good luck
J&T Bearing Co.
RC Pro TX10280
RockStar_199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Yeah i have owned one before and did real good with it and i used the starter box for a while and the rx battery with no problems.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to RockStar_199 Send a message via MSN to RockStar_199 Send a message via Yahoo to RockStar_199

the reciever battery pack that comes with the rtr isnt very good and i have seen problems straight outa the box
J&T Bearing Co.
RC Pro TX10280
RockStar_199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For what you get in the Losi RTR, it is hard to not think about it. If the car suited you before it will probably still suit you very well. All that said the Losi is getting a bit dated and there have been 3-4 new companies release cars this last year, not too mention the other cars that have come out since then.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
For what you get in the Losi RTR, it is hard to not think about it. If the car suited you before it will probably still suit you very well. All that said the Losi is getting a bit dated and there have been 3-4 new companies release cars this last year, not too mention the other cars that have come out since then.
Yeah my last cars was a Hb d8 and d8t with with werks b5s i was thinking of the new hara edition buggy but by time i bought everthing it would be up there in price range thats why i was considering the 2.0 rtr again im not a big losi fan but its really hard to beat for the price and if i new i was going to get into it like i was before i would just buy everthing from scracth i was just seeing what people suggestions would be.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you were hooked you will be hooked again! Get a kit and buy "good equipment" you want, not what a rtr comes with. Seems to me as you looking to get the car and radio since thats all that is prety nice with losi rtr and start box. All that can be bought though.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Keep an eye in the for sale section. You can get a kit with 3-4 tanks on it for 30% less than new, not even chassis scratches. The economy is so bad people are dumping brand new stuff at pennies on the dollar. As someone who has raced before you should know that RTR stuff is always going to be lacking in some very important areas. I'd bet you can get top quality racing gear with very little time on it for the same if not less than the Losi RTR.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Keep an eye in the for sale section. You can get a kit with 3-4 tanks on it for 30% less than new, not even chassis scratches. The economy is so bad people are dumping brand new stuff at pennies on the dollar. As someone who has raced before you should know that RTR stuff is always going to be lacking in some very important areas. I'd bet you can get top quality racing gear with very little time on it for the same if not less than the Losi RTR.
Buy a new engine and get rest in for sale sections. The kits are selling as seasons are over and coming. Same with equipment, right now you can buy and buy happily. Some deals you can walk away with a like new car for cheap because the fact is once its built, started, or had equipment mounted(basically no in sealed box) its used.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Yeah my last cars was a Hb d8 and d8t with with werks b5s i was thinking of the new hara edition buggy but by time i bought everthing it would be up there in price range thats why i was considering the 2.0 rtr again im not a big losi fan but its really hard to beat for the price and if i new i was going to get into it like i was before i would just buy everthing from scracth i was just seeing what people suggestions would be.
If you want to buy your old car back I only drove it once. I am going to be posting it up for sale here in the next couple of days. I also will be posting up motors and servos as well.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
the reciever battery pack that comes with the rtr isnt very good and i have seen problems straight outa the box
Nothing wrong with the receiver packs. I still have the first one that came with my rtr over a year and a half ago. They will hold a charge of serious racing for about 30 mins. Using JR 9100t servos. I have three of them that I use as practice packs and then run a 1600 or 1700 mah for racing.
hdcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdcameolsx View Post
If you want to buy your old car back I only drove it once. I am going to be posting it up for sale here in the next couple of days. I also will be posting up motors and servos as well.
I will send u a pm.