R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperc10 View Post
I sometimes put one ear bud in and rock to my fav tune.And chewing gum does help me.Don't sweat it everyone gets them at some point.
I do the same thing and it helps me a LOT.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I do get shaky, water eyes to. It doesnt really happen no more because i feel more comfterble and confadent in my self. My biggest releaf was actually last week, i felt really comfterble. Im the kind of guy who doesnt race much and choose to take breaks. Just last week i went out for the first time on a mugen, no knowing what to expect i went straight to practice feeling very at eas with the car. So first heat lost front cvd pin(seems to happen when getting used lol). Fixed for second heat had no idea what to think. Sure enough i finished second very happy being guys i race alot and cant beat. Goin into main starting 3rd in line i was nervous and started bad. Crashed on first turn. Got 17 sec behind and drove clean eventually getting second. Half through race I took first after and good lead i took a pit just a lil to early. I ran the whole race having a 7 sec or longer lead and made extra lap along with a fellow fast driver i never have beat, never the less i ran out of fuel with a half lap left. Was i mad no way i was happy because in my head i won and won big. Idk if my engine is hurt because at inspection i had a rip in air filter housing. Still unsure but i know i was clean out of gas so im happy to know it ran out other than blowing so far to my knowledge. My nervs now are seeming gone. Its always that race and the race you get comfterbale with the rest are the same! We will see though, soon im starting jbrl and im ganna do the losi challenge at rev.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I definitely use to get jitters my first few races which was just last year, but now, I dont sweat it too much. I always seem to do better in the main than in the qualifier for some reason too.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

i only get the jitters when i push to hard
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
also, i do talk to others on the drivers stand, that seems to help!
yeah I love when people make jokes haha
Sponsors: Mugen Seki/LRP/KO Propo/KJ Designs
RcRacerBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
I definitely use to get jitters my first few races which was just last year, but now, I dont sweat it too much. I always seem to do better in the main than in the qualifier for some reason too.
i think this because mains have more time to get it together and concentrate.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man, I just had a bad case of internal jitters. My body does not shake but inside I have a battle going on and it's only when I'm in the lead. If I'm in the back of the pack I'm cool but when I am in first or second place I start fighting myself and I can't seem to run smooth laps. I will be happy when I can race how I practice. I don't feel any pressure when I practice but racing is totaling different story. I just have to keep racing until I start to feel relaxed.
Sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #23
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to shanem121 Send a message via MSN to shanem121

I get the jitters also. I find music works well.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think for most racers there is always some kind of jitters or what I would call nerves. When I raced motorcross I would start dry heaving when I was packing my gate groove. And I kept dry heaving until just about the first lap was overafter that I was good,well not good but at least I wasn't dry heaving. RC wise for the most part I don't have those issues but when I get the lead I for sure have the jumpy jaw syndrome For some people chewing gum is helpful but for me it doesn't work. I feel like a crackhead needing a fix when I am on the drivers stand sometimes,well RC crack that is. Racing is awesome in any form and that is why us humans love it so much and keep doing it.