Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

what I use in my D8T
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

What he said, my droid x is to slow lol.
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommando98 View Post
I'm loving my alpha s852 orange head engine...just dropped it's nuts and it has more than enough power to push my heavy x2 around the track.
The Alpha orange head is a good engine...So much to choose from...
Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
thanx Ryan,will order 1 2mor through my HS
lowrider4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

Best engine for the money in my humble opinion....

The p5, ever heard of it???

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Old 01-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #36
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Go for the Werks B5 non modded. Spending an extra $100 for bragging rights isn't going to help you one bit when starting out. Down the line, maybe.
Old post I just found LOL !

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one for a couple of reasons.... Yes this guy is just starting out, and having a brutally powerful engine isn't going to make him any faster...... However having my technical help and support is going to bring him up to speed much faster then just buying a off the shelf engine and figuring it out for himself....My engine packages are very finely tuned and well put together... If a customer follows my instructions and sets my engines up EXACTLY the way I tell them to, they will have the sweetest running, most functional engine around.... If he is running one of my packages, he can call me from the track, and as long as i can hear the engine I can tell him exactly how to tune it over the phone........If he is having any issues, he can call me almost 24/7 and have on the spot professional advice....... I can guarantee you, that I can have a novice nitro tuner up to speed and standing on his own 2 feet much much faster then if he were to buy a stock engine off the shelf.......... Yes my engines do cost a little more money, but we provide far more value on the dollars being spent then buying a stock engine off the shelf........over the years I have taught hundreds of people how to properly tune and setup these nitro engines, many of them started as novices and in a very short time had mastered tuning a highly modified nitro engine ...... So in the end for a novice I feel in many ways they are better off to start with a company like us... Yes you pay more, but in the long run you will save time and money and many many hours of frustration...

As well not all modified engines are overpowered hard to control beasts.... I cannot speak about the other modders work, but I can say that not all of our engines are over the top... a great example is our modified B6.. this engine is ultra smooth and linear..to the point it feels really tame to drive..yet at the same time this engine is spooky fast..it does make huge amounts of power and will burn pretty much anything down the straight..yet at the same time iy is extremely tame and mellow to drive... the engine looks like a missile when watching it, but very mellow to drive.... For a novice this engine would be a great starting point... You could not ask for a easier to drive, easier to tune faster engine then this one.....Now of course some of the modified like the Jammin JPX are outright bananas...But we always try to steer people towards the appropriate engine for their application and skill level..

So in the end we provide a hell of alot more then just a fast engine for bragging rights... Tho of course our engines will be fast and worthy of being bragged about, however our on one customer service is where the real value is to a novice getting into nitro ! not only are you getting one of the best performing setups available, your also getting first hand help getting it up and running.....A person can struggle for a long time trying to get a handle on setting up and tuning a nitro engine, ruin multiple engines and waste tons of money and get nowhere....With us the setups are proven, if something isn't right we have the answers right then and there.. we take tons of guess work and potential headaches away, and we will have someone up to speed and racing in the shortest amount if time...
Old 01-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazdgunman View Post
Well I will have a great "like new" D8T by next week. I am buying one from a fellow member here as a race roller. I am currently shopping for servos, engine/pipe and clutch. I would like your suggestions based on these factors:

#1 DURABILITY !
#2 ease of use/tunability
#3 race worthiness
#4 reasonable cost...... but NO CHEAP JUNK !

PS> I am leaning toward an OS .25 engine but would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

In your case altogether...and i breifly read through your thread. Without doubt discuss your situation with neal at clockwork about getting hooked up with a b5, stock or clocked. Along with the facts that the b5 is easy to use and its italian quality plus his support is equal to all if not the best. I am not affiliated with clockwork racing although i know Neal and he will be on your side for the duration of your b5 if that is what you choose. good luck
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote