R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tire upgrade

How can I upgrade my old Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 1/8 Truggy to the new rim sizes I see everywhere. I bought tires thinking they were all the same, but these don't fit my current setup. Help
SDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDelaney View Post
How can I upgrade my old Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 1/8 Truggy to the new rim sizes I see everywhere. I bought tires thinking they were all the same, but these don't fit my current setup. Help

The old Lightning's came with 14mm hexes if i remember right....So you'll be needing a set of 17mm hexes....Im not too sure if you'll need new Axle's stubs as well or not.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man the Lightning truggy was my first real truggy and I did have 17mm hexes on it but I don't know if you can even get the parts I used to use anymore. I don't have the part #'s either. I hope im right with what I'm about to tell ya. It's been years since I had the truck. I THINK I used the cvd bone from the LST 1 truck (not the LST2). I used the stub axles from the old Sport Works buggy. The cvd rebuild kit from the LST 1 truck to build the axle, and I used the Hot Bodies 6.7mm extra wide wheel hexes so the wheel would not hit the control arm when at full steering. If you can find all the stuff the truck will Have TON more steering also.

I'm sorry I don't have more info for you. Good luck.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
Man the Lightning truggy was my first real truggy and I did have 17mm hexes on it but I don't know if you can even get the parts I used to use anymore. I don't have the part #'s either. I hope im right with what I'm about to tell ya. It's been years since I had the truck. I THINK I used the cvd bone from the LST 1 truck (not the LST2). I used the stub axles from the old Sport Works buggy. The cvd rebuild kit from the LST 1 truck to build the axle, and I used the Hot Bodies 6.7mm extra wide wheel hexes so the wheel would not hit the control arm when at full steering. If you can find all the stuff the truck will Have TON more steering also.

I'm sorry I don't have more info for you. Good luck.
Hey Mark he has all your old parts. Ted got out of racing and sold me all his stuff. I sold them to sdelaney. I still have some lost stuff for sale. The LST stuff. Sdelaney I still owe you positive feedback.
Russ G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Russ, can you PM me which parts I got to do this... I didn't see them. Thanks this would be awesome.
SDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote