Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what types of track makes you faster

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default what types of track makes you faster

1/8 buggy/truggy, blue grooved, loose, luemy, or is it just being behind the wheel,(thats a no brainer) driven the same track only were you are faster then any other track. just wondering what kind of pro tips are out there for this question. i no i learn more by runing diffrent tracks , like set ups , tires ,etc.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Technical indoor
Old 01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

When I used to race every weekend at my local track I either won every race or finished 2nd. After about a year of this I started racing to pro races and the state series races and was ok (bottom of the A or top of the B). The more I traveled to different tracks with different surfaces the faster I became. I think by mixing it up as far as track and track surface and also wheel time is the best way to get better at racing and setup.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Prophet

well, if a track is loomy you wont be able to be faster really but than again you learn better thottle control to aviod wheelspin on that type of surface same thing with a blown out track that has ruts.

on, a offroad track that is a blue grove well of course you will be faster there is more grip.. but you dont really learn throttle contol really though i like tracks that arent perfect that have some loose and clean surfaces and ones that arent onroad smooth like surfaces.

the thing is though on blue grove tracks or ones that are just tacky $$$ in tires lol.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
well, if a track is loomy you wont be able to be faster really but than again you learn better thottle control to aviod wheelspin on that type of surface same thing with a blown out track that has ruts.

on, a offroad track that is a blue grove well of course you will be faster there is more grip.. but you dont really learn throttle contol really though i like tracks that arent perfect that have some loose and clean surfaces and ones that arent onroad smooth like surfaces.

the thing is though on blue grove tracks or ones that are just tacky $$$ in tires lol.
i like that answer, and i do agree with you on those quotes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey TC5 Man- You should come race at jerry raceway. it is in Enfield, NY
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Hey TC5 Man- You should come race at jerry raceway. it is in Enfield, NY

il check it out on the web it might be to far for me though .
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

racing as many different tracks as possible.. then you learn how to set up a car for different conditions.. this will help make you faster in my opinion.. if you just race 1 or 2 tracks you will never know what a different surface is like...
Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rough tracks are best, smooth track are boring Same old track week in week out, gets old yo!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by easyryder
Rough tracks are best, smooth track are boring Same old track week in week out, gets old yo!

yea i agree ive raced on a smooth surface before and it was never dry.
it never changes compared to rough rutty blown out tracks.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

nice..!!! i have to agree with every reply sofar, my buddys are going to lose this bet. keep those reply coming in!!! i no i wear out tires quick running on blue grooved and we all no what that maens if you dont have a tire sponsor $$$$$$$$
Old 01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
racing as many different tracks as possible.. then you learn how to set up a car for different conditions.. this will help make you faster in my opinion.. if you just race 1 or 2 tracks you will never know what a different surface is like...

+1000
Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

regardless of the track surface. smooth or rough, eitherway works for me. just dont like technical layouts where cars are slow. i really like those high speed layouts with SWEEPING CORNERS, about 50%-60% of the track are full throttle where you can see some racing
Old 01-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

If you really want to learn how to get fast I'd suggest taking a season off 8th scale, and run strictly mod 2wd electric buggy and Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car.
Mod 2wd electric buggy will teach you...
Throttle control.. Be Smoooth!!!!
Proper tire selection and how to "read dirt".. Nothing is more tire sensitive than Mod 2wd buggy (plus tires are extremely cheap for them)
Proper motor selection... Slowww is fast
How to approach and execute jumps/landings and rhythm sections. You'll be amazing how much your lap times are effected by the way you hit every single jump on the track.

Electric Touring Car or 12th scale Pan Car will teach you.....
How to read a track's race line
when to accelerate/ brake, and how much speed is needed throughout the race line.
Proper suspension set up.
How to focus all of your attention to the car. Things happen much faster in on-road and reaction time needs to be honed in.

Once you've returned to 8th scale it will seem extremely easy to drive.

99% of the "fast guys" at one time or another were racing a different class or scale which give's valuable experience/data that practicing only with your 8th scale will never give you no matter how many different types of tracks you've gone to.

Last edited by nv529; 01-16-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Mod 2wd electric buggy will teach you...
Throttle control.. Be Smoooth!!!!
Proper tire selection and how to "read dirt".. Nothing is more tire sensitive than Mod 2wd buggy (plus tires are extremely cheap for them)
Proper motor selection... Slowww is fast
How to approach and execute jumps/landings and rhythm sections. You'll be amazing how much your lap times are effected by the you hit every single jump on the track.
+10000000000. If you can drive 2w mod fast, you can drive anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.