Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Looking to go from MBX6 to Durango... >

Looking to go from MBX6 to Durango...

Looking to go from MBX6 to Durango...

Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I don't see a real big difference in any of these buggies. We all can see the fine detail from one to another but I see most as minor.
If you're fast with the Mugen, stick with it. Can't say you're going to be faster with the Durango. Just another learning curve to go through.
I'm sure Durango will be making some running changes so if possible, I would wait it out.
I remember when the Hyper 9 came out. Everyone was complaining that the throttle/brake linkage would never work. Look at the mess on the Durango and no one has said anything about it
Old 01-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I don't see a real big difference in any of these buggies. We all can see the fine detail from one to another but I see most as minor.
If you're fast with the Mugen, stick with it. Can't say you're going to be faster with the Durango. Just another learning curve to go through.
I'm sure Durango will be making some running changes so if possible, I would wait it out.
I remember when the Hyper 9 came out. Everyone was complaining that the throttle/brake linkage would never work. Look at the mess on the Durango and no one has said anything about it
I agree. I almost never get the first batches of anything because there is almost always somethings that need to get worked out. When I say this I don't mean to say that it makes the product not good. But when a product gets released to the masses, things that were not seen in the development that may need a bit improvement, will show.

For example:

Losi 8ight 2.0:
- Radio Tray Controversy
- Front Shock Tower

Losi 8ight-T:
- Shock Ends

Mugen MBX6T:
- Air Bubbles in A-Arms

Team Associated RC8:
- Fuel Tank

Serpent 811:
- Radio Tray

These are only things I can quickly get off the top of my head. There are a lot more cars that are guilty of this. There are also more problems on the vehicles I listed.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by we go hard
just finished my dnx. i love the car. for a first ed. its great. if you use o.s engines you will need to shave a few mm's from the rear chassis brace in order to get the proper gear mesh. im not a true fan of the linkage but whatever. heres some pics, no expense was spared in this build.
Great photos - a question, how do you like the JP-3 with your O.S. speed? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanty140
I agree. I almost never get the first batches of anything because there is almost always somethings that need to get worked out. .....

Mugen MBX6T:
- Air Bubbles in A-Arms
Is this why I couldnt keep front lower arms on the truggy? They would break looking at them wrong. I eventually got sick of the riff raff and sold it. Hmmm. Didn't know about that.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAGPIE-121
Frank what car did u chase around the track this weekend ?
"THE CAR"
That JQ just needed another tank or 2 so I could have gotten the exploding spur gear show. And why the hell is the front diff so off center? I may have been chasing something but that's the 1st time with that driver he's usually chasing me. I just need a little time with the dnx and it's on.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by markhat250
Is this why I couldnt keep front lower arms on the truggy? They would break looking at them wrong. I eventually got sick of the riff raff and sold it. Hmmm. Didn't know about that.
I never hat a problem with mine, they only broke wen i hit something and diserved to get broken.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
That JQ just needed another tank or 2 so I could have gotten the exploding spur gear show. And why the hell is the front diff so off center? I may have been chasing something but that's the 1st time with that driver he's usually chasing me. I just need a little time with the dnx and it's on.
lol, so what u are saying is "THE CAR" made him a better & faster driver
Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markhat250
If definitely could be a reason for the problem. The time these A-Arms were out there is in the first couple months of it's release. Of corse some people could get these arms later then that because they had some of that batch still laying around. I haven't ever broke an arm yet with my MBX6T.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

I drove a Durango at the track yesterday. The first thing I noticed is that is feels really lazy and it doesn't respond fast. It feels heavy, and stable with good steering like an old Kyosho. It also didn't seem to traction roll as much because it seemed very low to the ground. Didn't seem to have the cornerspeed like other buggies though, and it was not smooth in the corners.

I am very surprised that 2 new cars (THE Car and Durango) being released at the same time, can handle so differently. THE car feels light and responds fast, but with the stock setup some people may want more stability/less steering. The car seems to be a point and shoot type car, where the Durango needs to be driven onpower...it pushed offpower but had good onpower steering. I also drove a Mugen and I prefer that to the Durango.

Just my opinion on driving them back to back.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vieri
Great photos - a question, how do you like the JP-3 with your O.S. speed? Thanks!
thanks! at the time my shop didnt have either the 2050 or 60. i had the jp3 laying around as it always seems to be my fallback system. i liked in this case how it matched the towers of the durango and other chassis parts,lol. personally that jammin pipe is made very well. and its a great all around system. it runs good on the speed,however if i were a pro and i needed to win at all costs it would not be there. i do believe that with the speed a os exhaust would give better and longer laps. but that pipe isnt going to perform a miracle. in my personal opinion i believe the jammin pipe is made better than the os. i also dont think that it warrants an extra $100 over the jp3,but none the less i will be getting a 2060 come spring but for now there is nothing going on anyway as im in NJ and theres 1ft of snow on the ground. i will be at motorama in feb though. i have one with the limited ed os in my losi.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to go from MBX6 to Durango...-003.jpg   Looking to go from MBX6 to Durango...-013.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks! at the time my shop didnt have either the 2050 or 60. i had the jp3 laying around as it always seems to be my fallback system. i liked in this case how it matched the towers of the durango and other chassis parts,lol. personally that jammin pipe is made very well. and its a great all around system. it runs good on the speed,however if i were a pro and i needed to win at all costs it would not be there. i do believe that with the speed a os exhaust would give better and longer laps. but that pipe isnt going to perform a miracle. in my personal opinion i believe the jammin pipe is made better than the os. i also dont think that it warrants an extra $100 over the jp3,but none the less i will be getting a 2060 come spring but for now there is nothing going on anyway as im in NJ and theres 1ft of snow on the ground. i will be at motorama in feb though. i have one with the limited ed os in my losi.
Thanks for the explanation - I was curious because I would have gone (if not with the O.S.) with either the JP-1 or JP-2, so that's why my question. Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Just so you know. You could go with a Losi RE-10, which is close to a O.S. for less then half the cost. Or a Losi RE-11 which is identical to a O.S. 2050.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank L
Hmmm so you both have a new car... you used to always beat this guy.... Now he is up on you.... Either he has a better car or you threw the skills you did have out the window.

How come you didn't finish your buggy main last weekend Frankie?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

just finished my dnx. i love the car. for a first ed. its great. if you use o.s engines you will need to shave a few mm's from the rear chassis brace in order to get the proper gear mesh. im not a true fan of the linkage but whatever. heres some pics, no expense was spared in this build.
Explain how you "shaved a few mm's from the rear chassis brace". I ended up getting it and putting it together. Havent gotten there yet but want to do it right.

Also, anything else funky with the build I should look out for? I got the diffs done tonight than ran out of time.

Let me know before I set in for my all day building adventure tomorrow.

thanks guys.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moto27
Explain how you "shaved a few mm's from the rear chassis brace". I ended up getting it and putting it together. Havent gotten there yet but want to do it right.

Also, anything else funky with the build I should look out for? I got the diffs done tonight than ran out of time.

Let me know before I set in for my all day building adventure tomorrow.

thanks guys.
I shaved mine with a hobby knife but some people use a dremel. It's plastic so it's not that hard to modify

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.