Wiki Posts
Search

Steering?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Steering?

I have a problem with turning on my nitro rustler. The car works great but on grass where there is loads of traction for the rear tires but the car doesn't turn as well as I want it to. I checked the servos and they work under load. And the shocks have 30wt oil in them all around. I need to sell the car this spring and the person wants to drive it before he buys it. I have 6months to fix what ever the problem may be.
Thanks!
Zach

Last edited by ele_to_nitro; 01-16-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ele_to_nitro
I have a problem with turning on my nitro rustler. The car works great but on grass where there is loads of traction for the read tires the car doesn't turn as well as I want it to. I checked the Serbia they work under load. And the shocks have 30wt oil in them all around. I need to sell the car this spring and the person wants to drive it before he buys it. I have 6months to fix what ever the problem may be.
Thanks!
Zach
What the hell are "Serbia"

On grass the car looses traction and doesn't go as well as on a hard surface. If you want to fine tune it I find a quick drive on the road clearly outlines any steering or trim issues you have.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

I have a problem with turning on my nitro rustler. The car works great but on grass where there is loads of traction for the read tires the car doesn't turn as well as I want it to. I checked the Serbia they work under load. And the shocks have 30wt oil in them all around. I need to sell the car this spring and the person wants to drive it before he buys it. I have 6months to fix what ever the problem may be.
Thanks!
Zach
Check that your servo saver is not too loose. Weak batteries? Use NiMH and not penlights. Blade type tires work best in loose conditions.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well since this is a 2wd truck, if you have too much rear traction (or power going to rear wheels) it can take away steering.

Things you can try- Take away rear traction, change front tires to gain more traction, add weight to front end, lose weight from rear end. Possibly loosen slipper a tad.

Others may chime in here also.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

I ment to say rear tires and servos the abc check changed it. I was wondering if changing to a heveier shock weight in the back would help and maybe some stiffer springs in the back also
Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/

That is a suspension tuning link.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

after reading most of the article i think i was right with the and i think i need to find a way to mount a sway bar in the front. he car never had any sway bars in the front or back from the factory.
Any other ideas on the problem?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

after reading most of the article i think i was right with the and i think i need to find a way to mount a sway bar in the front. he car never had any sway bars in the front or back from the factory.
Any other ideas on the problem?
I doubt that there is a real problem. It is what it is. Why try to add sway bars if your going to be selling it?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I doubt that there is a real problem. It is what it is. Why try to add sway bars if your going to be selling it?
There isn't real legit problem with it but the things is, the person I'm selling it to wants do drive it and if it doesn't turn he doesn't want it. And I need this car out as soon as possible to make room for a new losi.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Uh good luck. The rustler is not meant to do donuts in the grass. Sure, it will go through grass but it's going to have a hard time turning in anything taller than an inch. It's light and rear wheel drive. It is what it is bro. Let him drive that thing in the dirt or on the street.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Franchise
Uh good luck. The rustler is not meant to do donuts in the grass. Sure, it will go through grass but it's going to have a hard time turning in anything taller than an inch. It's light and rear wheel drive. It is what it is bro. Let him drive that thing in the dirt or on the street.
I live right buy a park and I think hebdoes also but the park has 3 or 4 baseball feilds and a gravel parking lot. So i hope he agrees to run it there. If he does great then I have it sold! But your right about the grass thing it would be great if it did turn in the grass but oh well. Mg electric car does but he doesn't want electric. oh well