Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Challenge 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephen_bess
Hey guys--tons of extra pics and an awesome overhead aerial track video in our coverage at Car Action--check it out:

http://radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=262262
Very nice collection of excellent photos! The remarks made above the photos really help those of us who couldn't be there to make sense of the photos. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default .

I'm just thankfull someone is putting this on my computer .... i'm in Fox Creek not far from u guys and I think if I didn't have this what would I have... NOTHING... so look on the bright side at least u have somthing.. may not be the best u could think of but it's the best I've ever seen.. Live r/c is not some million dollar oil company and they don't pulll in the millions of viewers that a nascar race pulls in so sometimes u need to pick your spots to open your mouth... there not making a lot of money on this......just like your local hobby shop isn't making a lot of money.. so if u want to see something... something is a lot better than nothing. and our hobby is not gonna be a HUGE sport... ever.. it's a select amount of people that can respect the time and the tallent it takes to excell in this sort of sport.. and one guy making a fool out of himself on live rc doesnt change anything...
Old 02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Totally Agree!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by Brandon Rohde; 02-27-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Elite Photo... your pictures are superb!
Thank you, the compliments are much appreciated
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
MadHacker>

I was not online at the time that this happened, but I did read the entire chat log. I am very receptive to constructive criticism, but there is a way to conduct yourself that does not belittle the efforts of our entire crew. Also, many of your claims you are making are completely false.

Now, I cannot control what other people call the other classes. I did not call the 40+ the "geezer" class as you stated, nor did anyone in our crew. If it is posted online, those comments are that of the poster, not LiveRC.

For this event, we have 1 camera guy, myself, and Eric who is doing photos and videos. I am busy the entire time making sure the broadcast is running, the internet is working, and overall just managing the broadcast. Eric is working on daily photos, videos, news stories, etc. Bob is working the camera. Keep in mind that this is Arizona, so from time to time our camera guys need a break. We have a list here of which races he took breaks on for round 1, 2, and 3. As we stated, 9 of 10 races were covered, and the races that were broadcasted with only a moving camera were rotated every round so each class got full moving camera coverage. Yes, we could have brought another camera guy, but that would have raised the price from $12 to $20, and the general consensus of our viewers is that they would rather have a lower cost broadcast and have a race here and there on fixed camera.

Today for the mains we brought in a second camera guy who is local to this area to help us out today and tomorrow. EVERY SINGLE main event has moving cameras today and tomorrow! Bob, Mike, and Eric are rotating on the camera to make sure every main event got full coverage. This is a fact, so when you say that we skipped races because they were not important, that is a false statement. The "prank" you are referring to took place between races when no cars were on the track. Joey, the event promoter, put a fake rubber snake under a the pylon you are referring to and was asking various turn marshalls to move the cone out of the way. Believe it or not, 99% of our viewers would much rather see these shennanigans than watch a bunch of cars sitting in pit lane warming up. The moving camera WAS in full force before the next race even started, but at that point you had been removed from the chat room for your disrespectful comments. You were not banned for trying to "raise awareness" as you claim. You were banned for being rude and obnoxious. There are polite ways to conduct yourself and to offer constructive criticism, and there are wrong ways. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but you definitely used the wrong approach in your methods. All you did was piss off everyone in the chat room and belittle the efforts of our entire crew, and for that you were banned from posting any more messages.

If you feel that this was done in error, you can email me, call me, or contact me however you want. All of our contact info is right on LiveRC.com.

To end this novel of a post, I will say that your statements about us not taking this seriously is pretty far fetched. This is something we take very seriously. We are doing our best to provide a quality product for the entire r/c community, and we have tens of thousands of hours put into this and huge amounts of money that we will never recuperate. We are also pushing boundaries on expanding our sport that nobody else has tried to do yet, all of which will be seen soon. I'm sorry if our "style" of coverage does not fit your taste, however you need to realize that in a live web cast that goes on for 12+ hours a day, we need to do more than just follow the cars. We try various things, such as fun jokes and stuff to keep our viewers entertained. We also interact directly with our viewers in the chat and try to follow cars that they request and add features that they request. This is what makes a webcast entertaining. Now, if this was for a 30 minute recap TV show, the style would be much different. But in our webcast, we go by what they majority wants, and that is an entertaining, fun, and lighthearted broadcast and overall, I think our crew does a pretty good job of accomplishing that. Again, if its not your style, then I'm sorry for that. But we can't please everyone, so in this case the majority rules.

If you wish to take this up further, feel free to call me and I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say. Please get back with me.

By the way, love the footage of the Nitro Pit today. Great stuff!

-Brandon
Brandon I sent you a PM and an email about the status of my Worlds DVD. Been over a week with no response.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hookem34
Brandon I sent you a PM and an email about the status of my Worlds DVD. Been over a week with no response.
Send me an email instead. I'm rarely on RCTech, so PM's aren't a good way to get a hold of me.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Send me an email instead. I'm rarely on RCTech, so PM's aren't a good way to get a hold of me.
Will do. Send to [email protected]?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep
Old 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

-

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-27-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

- Issue resolved.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Black
Madhacker, I will agree with u, I pay for the service and most of the time camera doesn't work, Results page not right you cant figure out how some qualified, ect... Now I know we don't pay much for it but still you take our money, for the service I expect to receive what I pay for. Seems no matter what race it is, it always the same thing!
Unfortunately, this seems to be oh so true.
Growing pains, thats b.s., this wasn't their
first time covering the circus.
Then they want you to pay for a half arsed
dvd with a few highlights and some footage
of the track skanks handing out trophies.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Issue resolved, thanks Brandon.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by Brandon Rohde; 02-27-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

sounds like a pretty stand up response from LiveRC. Hopefully this issue will be moved from the forums here so that we can get back to the real subject at hand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.