Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Challenge 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
Tanner Stees...this is one kick azz lil kid to keep an eye on for 2011...

sweet looking body by Arizona's own Andy Paciano too!
Andy Piceno lol

Sweet Pic bro!!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JQ
WHERE IS FRANK L???

Once again, a keybord hero who cant back his words up.......

Come and say hello.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Issue resolved. Thanks Brandon.

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Elite Photo... your pictures are superb!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

liverc is doing a great job enjoying all day coverage of an event no other sport i watch does that.people have to take breaks. keep up the good work live rc .
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Is anyone else out there not happy with the coverage of this year's Nitro Challenge race as provided by LiveRC? They don't seem to take one of North America's biggest races very seriously, and it's a shame.

Yes, the concept of what they're doing is great for our sport, but for those of us who are R/C enthusiasts and were not able to be at this race, it's pretty disappointing when the camera man points the camera at a pylon and zooms in as a joke during the warmup for a lower main race... it happened to be the truck race on Saturday that Brian "Skinny" was in... I was told that the lower mains "don't matter" and "no one cares"... So I guess if a person wanted to watch an old friend race, this doesn't matter because he's older than 40 and in the B Main? This race didn't deserve to have a moving camera view either, apparently. Well, I suppose one could draw from all of this that if trying to watch Skinny race in the Truck B Main doesn't matter, then one could assume that our entire sport doesn't matter either... this is a sad thing, very sad.

This kind of attitude will not help our sport progress. It would be a whole different thing if this was a club race, and someone decided to goof around a bit, but this is like the superbowl of R/C people!

I ended up getting angry due to the lack of respect that our premier race was apparently being given, wound up in a flame war on the message board on LiveRC, the LiveRC guys didn't like my critisism and pleas for them to take the camera work more seriously. They banned me, so I asked for a refund after having paid for the premium subscription so that I could see a high res moving cam of the races. What I got was a sometimes moving, sometimes pointed at pylons, and sometimes being used to play pranks camera. :-( Yes, they posted that about 90% of the races would be moving cam, 10% not... I guess the B main isn't included in the 90% of the race coverage.

If I was new to this sport, I would think this was all a big joke and most likely start looking for another sport to get involved in. That's not the kind of aura we want to present to newly interested people :-(

Pull up your socks LiveRC, please. You're doing a good thing, but have some work to do.

As for the rest of those on the message board on Live RC who said things like "it doesn't matter", "no one cares, it's just the B main", "it's just a hobby"... etc etc... shame on you! People earn their living from this sport. Team drivers, RC magazines, kit manufacturers, after market part makers... etc. etc... This is the "big" race, we should give it the respect that any other sport would give their premier races.
this guy is upset because brandon and steve pond took his ego and shoved it up his own butt..

He was complaining about a camera pointed at something other then the race track during a Warm up round witch is not racing just cars getting practice before the a mains.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Issue resolved. Thanks Brandon.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

-

Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ?

u need to learn when to shut your mouth... and if u act like that .. don't tell them your from canada.. Thanks...
Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Is anyone else out there not happy with the coverage of this year's Nitro Challenge race as provided by LiveRC? They don't seem to take one of North America's biggest races very seriously, and it's a shame.

Yes, the concept of what they're doing is great for our sport, but for those of us who are R/C enthusiasts and were not able to be at this race, it's pretty disappointing when the camera man points the camera at a pylon and zooms in as a joke during the warmup for a lower main race... it happened to be the truck race on Saturday that Brian "Skinny" was in... I was told that the lower mains "don't matter" and "no one cares"... So I guess if a person wanted to watch an old friend race, this doesn't matter because he's older than 40 and in the B Main? This race didn't deserve to have a moving camera view either, apparently. Well, I suppose one could draw from all of this that if trying to watch Skinny race in the Truck B Main doesn't matter, then one could assume that our entire sport doesn't matter either... this is a sad thing, very sad.

This kind of attitude will not help our sport progress. It would be a whole different thing if this was a club race, and someone decided to goof around a bit, but this is like the superbowl of R/C people!

I ended up getting angry due to the lack of respect that our premier race was apparently being given, wound up in a flame war on the message board on LiveRC, the LiveRC guys didn't like my critisism and pleas for them to take the camera work more seriously. They banned me, so I asked for a refund after having paid for the premium subscription so that I could see a high res moving cam of the races. What I got was a sometimes moving, sometimes pointed at pylons, and sometimes being used to play pranks camera. :-( Yes, they posted that about 90% of the races would be moving cam, 10% not... I guess the B main isn't included in the 90% of the race coverage.

If I was new to this sport, I would think this was all a big joke and most likely start looking for another sport to get involved in. That's not the kind of aura we want to present to newly interested people :-(

Pull up your socks LiveRC, please. You're doing a good thing, but have some work to do.

As for the rest of those on the message board on Live RC who said things like "it doesn't matter", "no one cares, it's just the B main", "it's just a hobby"... etc etc... shame on you! People earn their living from this sport. Team drivers, RC magazines, kit manufacturers, after market part makers... etc. etc... This is the "big" race, we should give it the respect that any other sport would give their premier races.
You had some good points, but the people in the chat were not the sort to rock the boat. Too many were narrow minded and quite dismissive of most outside their buddy circle. Much more fun to circle the wagons and throw rocks. I was disappointed to see too many people dissing anything but the Pro nitro races. You had people who saw a chance to advertise their product line with their screen names and many of these same people (even a ROAR offical) were talking about the geezer class and how it looked like a club sportsman class and on and on. They dissed the SC class and all the lower qualifiers. I guess that's their option, but I know who I won't deal with when it's tire/engine/parts time.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
You had some good points, but the people in the chat were not the sort to rock the boat. Too many were narrow minded and quite dismissive of most outside their buddy circle. Much more fun to circle the wagons and throw rocks. I was disappointed to see too many people dissing anything but the Pro nitro races. You had people who saw a chance to advertise their product line with their screen names and many of these same people (even a ROAR offical) were talking about the geezer class and how it looked like a club sportsman class and on and on. They dissed the SC class and all the lower qualifiers. I guess that's their option, but I know who I won't deal with when it's tire/engine/parts time.
That's exactly the attitude that I'm trying to point out that will not advance our sport. Thank you for your honest reply, and I agree. If more of us put an effort into not supporting those people and companies who employ people who behave in a disparraging manner towards the guys in the lower mains, they will eventually learn that it's not acceptable.

I believe that a guy from XRC magazine was in on it too... shame!

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-27-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigbwelding
u need to learn when to shut your mouth... and if u act like that .. don't tell them your from canada.. Thanks...
Sorry my fellow Canadian. I am disappointed in what I saw, and I will not let this go. It's bad for the sport and the level of awareness of this type of attitude must be brought to the forefront or nothing will ever change.

I will get flamed, and banned, and everything else because people don't like hearing about things that need to be worked on. Everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand and pat themselves on the backs for the good work their doing.

The fact is, that if no one speaks up, and no one pushes to make this a better sport, it will never happen, and the sport won't grow the way we all want it to.

The issues that I had with LiveRC have been resolved, however, I still have a serious problem with people who choose to be very caustic and disparaging towards those in the lower mains, the electric guys, and the 40+ guys. This kind of attitude will do nothing but hurt our sport.

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-27-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Madhacker, I will agree with u, I pay for the service and most of the time camera doesn't work, Results page not right you cant figure out how some qualified, ect... Now I know we don't pay much for it but still you take our money, for the service I expect to receive what I pay for. Seems no matter what race it is, it always the same thing!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys--tons of extra pics and an awesome overhead aerial track video in our coverage at Car Action--check it out:

http://radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=262262
Old 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

- Issue Resolved

Last edited by MadHacker; 02-27-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.