R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #46
Tech Elite

My Losi 8T 2.0 is DIALED.

2 seasons on the chassis and as far as option parts, rear bear holders and alum servo horn.......and adjustable hinge pin holders, But that was not needed to be competitive. Im not sure where people are getting this 5 million hopups for Losi but its not true. I rather get a hop up here and there instead of worrying about the 2 million updates that other manufactures come out with every month just to keep up with Losi.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #47
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post

2 seasons on the chassis and as far as option parts, rear bear holders and alum servo horn.......and adjustable hinge pin holders, But that was not needed to be competitive. Im not sure where people are getting this 5 million hopups for Losi but its not true. I rather get a hop up here and there instead of worrying about the 2 million updates that other manufactures come out with every month just to keep up with Losi.

hey some people like the losi eights some dont.

there not cheap il tell you that.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:

the only problem i encountered with mine was a rear diff,pulling shock ends,and wearing out drivetrain and bearings.really wasn;t that bad of a truck but this year almost everyone switched to the rc8t ce because of the wear issue and the simplicity of it.And i like metric screws better than standard.(less tools to forget.lol.)
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:27 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:

Exactly how many updates has the rc8t had?? Ill tell you...none. there is no geometry change.. no parts that aren't interchangable... the newer kits come with some extra bling is it. The original parts bolt up and function identical.the one and only part I have that's different is the top part of the steering rack. And it didn't make the truck better or worse just changed the feel.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
Exactly how many updates has the rc8t had?? Ill tell you...none. there is no geometry change.. no parts that aren't interchangable... the newer kits come with some extra bling is it. The original parts bolt up and function identical.the one and only part I have that's different is the top part of the steering rack. And it didn't make the truck better or worse just changed the feel.
So the adjustable A, B, C and D hinge plates weren't an update? the new alm shock towers weren't an update? then new plastic radio tray and forward battery wasn't an update? get real dude. you say losi guys have a bias opinion? Your post is text book, not have owned a 8T yet you know so much about it. Just because losi doesn't re-release there kit for every option part that becomes available. Losi has a lot of things one can buy if he wants to try more tuning options, but none are needed to be competitive. Just to get more options.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
So the adjustable A, B, C and D hinge plates weren't an update? the new alm shock towers weren't an update? then new plastic radio tray and forward battery wasn't an update? get real dude. you say losi guys have a bias opinion? Your post is text book, not have owned a 8T yet you know so much about it. Just because losi doesn't re-release there kit for every option part that becomes available. Losi has a lot of things one can buy if he wants to try more tuning options, but none are needed to be competitive. Just to get more options.
Text book? Where did i say someone was biased? Over all, the post says nothing about a losi. Its all about the AE truck that I've owned two of. The FT and the CE truck are exactly the same truck with simply some included option parts now. Same chassis , geometery etc etc. The new parts are no different than what you say about losi parts being available but not needed. Well AE just decided to give you them to slang some more kits. Anything at all I've said about losi is 100% from losi owners, and I said it was from losi owners . Maybe they are special casses. Oh well... my reply was based on the fact he said AE has millions of updates to keep up. Any talk about the rc8T can be based off the 07/08 FT. Team truck in my opinion. Cause I don't feel they are different trucks.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

bigalz you have a pm my me.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Basically all brands have updates. AE just puts the updates in the latest kits for you, or if you have an older kit you can add them to that. You don't need them to be competetitive, just options. No different than any other brands. I have an RC8T LE that I have updated and have done some of my own mods. Are these updates or mods necassary? No, but thats all part of the fun of this hobby and if I had a Losi, Mugen, Kyosho or whatever I would still be adding updates and modding parts because to me thats part of the fun. So just have fun with what you got.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1 View Post
what does wrenching to the front end mean?
He was refering to working on the front end, IE ''wrenching''.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote