R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
A few people say the AE breaks rear hubs.. I had like 5 gallons on my last rc8t. And about 2 through my CE and haven't lost anything but a wing mount and rear plastic brace in the same bad crash. Im not sure what the AE flaws are. Im pretty sure plastic slop comes in most any car.

its, all in way the driver drives if he drives like a nut parts who break reguardless lol.

and jump i know all plastics evelope slop some just faster than others on truggys.

i dont have a big bank account to get a 2.0 t new not used.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #17
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
I use the plastic rear hub carriers on my 8t 2.0, with no issues. I've had this thing 10 ft in the air on numerous occassions

than, why does so many people say to get alum rear hubs for the 2.0 t than ?
my inner rear hub bearings keep on going bad on my 1.0 t maybe it was because i was running 1/2 hubs not sure
Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
than, why does so many people say to get alum rear hubs for the 2.0 t than ?
my inner rear hub bearings keep on going bad on my 1.0 t maybe it was because i was running 1/2 hubs not sure
Less flex better traction
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3asher View Post
Less flex better traction

that makes sense do you actually notice a diffrence in traction really from adding alum hubs ? i mean a club driver not a pro.

i, guess you wont know why my inner rear bearings keep on going bad on rear hubs on my "1.0 t" i was doing the same thing with "2.0 t hubs" like i saying i guess its from running 1/2 offset hubs or to much flex.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
that makes sense do you actually notice a diffrence in traction really from adding alum hubs ? i mean a club driver not a pro.

i, guess you wont know why my inner rear bearings keep on going bad on rear hubs on my "1.0 t" i was doing the same thing with "2.0 t hubs" like i saying i guess its from running 1/2 offset hubs or to much flex.
or cheapo bearing. what were you useing?
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was just in the same boat when searching for a 1/8th scale truggy..

I've always liked associated but at first I wanted a 8ight 2.0 T. Then after reading the rc8t 150 page thread on here, I went with a rc8t factory team edition. Everyone I have spoke with that owns one absolutely loves it. Right out of the box; The tune-ability to fit whatever your driving style may be is there along with the excellent price that they can be had for.

I didn't really fall for the CE version but planned replacing the tube braces with the plastic ones. I wanted to keep it as light as I could retaining more of the carbon goodies found on the factory team. It seems that a lot of CE owners are going back to some factory team parts like the steering rack and carbon shock towers.

Also, alum rear hubs are a good idea for all truggies and slop isn't a bad thing for 1/8th scale offroad.

Personally, I don't think I could have gone wrong with any of the major branded truggies but my past experiences with Team Associated have been great growing up to say the least. I'm pretty thrilled with my decision to continue to support their products.

Hope this helps,
DK
dkGoodrich.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well i drive a mugen and my brother runs a losi 2.0 and they are both FAST..i can put down the same lap times with each of them...id say the mugen feels more stable and planted, and has been off power steering, the losi also feels stable but i prefer the mugen in a whoops section..but to me the losi has better on power steering..now neither of us break parts on our cars, i consider us 2 of the best at our track, BUT from day one he has tore up inner rear hub bearings...so he heard you needed the alu hubs, and thats helped him ALOT, but he still goes thro those bearings every once in a while. It doesn't matter what bearings he trys they all end up the same...besides that which who knows could just be our track is hard on truggies..although ive heard about the inner rear bearing problems quite often...They are BOTH very very stable and fast trucks and i HIGHLY doubt you can honestly tell the difference in lap times with them....
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
or cheapo bearing. what were you useing?

3 dollar bearings like everybody else.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys for the valuable input. Where I live the local HS isnt an issue, I source from ebay solely. I would like to know anyones opinion that knows re: team edition vs championship edition as far as handling and driving gos if there is much difference.
thanks
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkGoodrich.com View Post

I didn't really fall for the CE version but planned replacing the tube braces with the plastic ones. I wanted to keep it as light as I could retaining more of the carbon goodies found on the factory team. It seems that a lot of CE owners are going back to some factory team parts like the steering rack and carbon shock towers.

Also, alum rear hubs are a good idea for all truggies and slop isn't a bad thing for 1/8th scale offroad.

Personally, I don't think I could have gone wrong with any of the major branded truggies but my past experiences with Team Associated have been great growing up to say the least. I'm pretty thrilled with my decision to continue to support their products.
Thanks for the input! I also always liked AE. Interesting what you said about the carbon etc. LIke why did they go from carbon to alloy, the carbon wouldnt break would it? Seems a lot of alloy on the new CE truck. However, I love the CE body and wing, would get that regardless of what AE truck to get.
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

intresting, yea when i do get the rc8t ce editon i know i heard its about 10 pounds so i might replace them with the carbon towers and other little things.

but, one guy said though he seen the carbon towers crack but than again if you glue the edges with ca glue i dont see how they would crack inless its really cold out.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1 View Post
Thanks for the input! I also always liked AE. Interesting what you said about the carbon etc. LIke why did they go from carbon to alloy, the carbon wouldnt break would it? Seems a lot of alloy on the new CE truck. However, I love the CE body and wing, would get that regardless of what AE truck to get.
If not mistaken the alm towers had more mounting options and make easier wrenching to the front end.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
If not mistaken the alm towers had more mounting options and make easier wrenching to the front end.
You are not mistaken, that is the advantage to the aluminun towers on the Associated. I never had a problem with the carbon towers but I like the extra camber holes in the rear aluminum tower and the ease of adjustment of the front. Some like the lighter weight of the carbon but honestly doubt that you would see a performance differance between the two.
dragracechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had a RC8B before I got the RC8T FT and without the alloy Front tower wrenching on the front is a pain it the a$$. I have now updated my FT's front to a CE front end. Then on the rear i just use a manfield body adapter to run a bulldog body thought it is next on the upgrade list.
The weight between the alloy tower to carbon is next to nothing.
It would not hinder performance.
luke__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Good friend of mine was running the Mugen MBX 5, then the HB D8T. Purchased the new RC8T and loves it. Says for his style of driving, it's simply the best he has owned.
Never driven one, but they look awesome on the track.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote