R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   tire glue (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/470031-tire-glue.html)

traxxas-owns 01-11-2011 06:40 AM

tire glue

what is the easiest way to put tire glue on tires without making a mess?

ganymede 01-11-2011 07:03 AM

Practice makes perfect, no short cut here... :)

claycity 01-11-2011 07:07 AM

also youtube it some good vids on there

jammin32j 01-11-2011 07:23 AM

Try this http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...oducts_id=4072 It works great, but is only good for 1/8 buggy.

inferno13 01-11-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by traxxas-owns (Post 8469637)
what is the easiest way to put tire glue on tires without making a mess?

yep, practice...practice....practice, after you glue you fingers together or get stuck to your tire, you will learn to be mo:nod::lol:re careful

rangerjkb 01-11-2011 08:05 AM

Place tires on wheels. Put on tire bands/rubber bands/tape, etc. Use top quality (Fusion, AKA, Losi, etc) thin tire glue. Pull back bead and apply tire glue sparingly and release. Continue around tire bead ensuring entire bead is glued to wheel. Wipe away excess glue, if needed with a rag or towel.

mattozx6rr 01-12-2011 05:27 AM

Biggest and most important part of gluing tires is prep! rubbing alcohol is all thats required. Clean the beads of the tires and the rims well. install the tires so they are seated properly. pull bead back and apply glue. make sure every time you pull the bead back it reseats right immediately. after you have applied the glue all the way around install either a tire band or electrical tape around the edge of the tire to hold the bead in place. I use loctite professional ca glue. never had a tire release with this glue. if there is extra glue around the bead you can use a paper towel soaked with alcohol to wipe it away. Practice Practice Practice!

drewmugx5t 01-12-2011 05:50 AM

I use the lactate professional glue as well it is the one in the blue bottle at lows or HD. It has never failed me and is easier to get than rc branded glue.

jmackani 01-12-2011 05:50 AM

Proper prepping and buying the right glue with the right applicator. No need to spend money on those things that pull the bead back if you have the right applicator. Losi and AKA both now sell glue that comes with a tip that looks like fishing line and it is so much easier to apply. I used to always get glue on my thumbs previously without this type of tip. If you do not have the tip, then by all means go out and buy a tool to help. The applicator is LOSA7879 if purchased seperately. Losi tire glue comes with the applicator.

shanty140 01-12-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by rangerjkb (Post 8470012)
Place tires on wheels. Put on tire bands/rubber bands/tape, etc. Use top quality (Fusion, AKA, Losi, etc) thin tire glue. Pull back bead and apply tire glue sparingly and release. Continue around tire bead ensuring entire bead is glued to wheel. Wipe away excess glue, if needed with a rag or towel.

+1 on this!

I would also add to prep the tires and wheel with denatured alcohol. And then keep practicing this over and over again. It's a bit difficult at first, but you will get better. Plus learning this task will save you money from not having to by Pre-mounts over and over again when with most newer tires come with foams that last a long long time. I haven't worn out a set of AKA foams yet. And they have actually gotten better then more I have used them. I have about 4 cycles on one set of truggy foams. I would rather run those then new ones.

aussies1129 01-12-2011 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by rangerjkb (Post 8470012)

thats about it:nod:

rcgeezer 01-12-2011 08:27 AM

Buy pre-mounted tires! This way you don't have to mess with any glue, and if you shop around you can usually get a comparable price when you consider tires, rims and foams.

Bigedmond 01-12-2011 08:36 AM

I never ever use rubbing alcohol. It has to many minerals, that is why i only use denatured alcohol. As for glue, its AKA only. It is the only glue that i have found that works every time. Just make sure to put the glue back in the fridge when you are done with it to keep it fresh.